This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Picked up a few 2007FPs that need some fixin'. Should make for good auxiliary monitors in portrait mode to accompany my ZR30w!

Comment

hello,

soldering iron is smoking!

Comment

Hello. I'm a newb when it comes to tvs but I've been taking a lot of them in and I want to learn a bit how they work and how to fix them. I have an auto mechanics background so I can assemble and disassemble things easy.

Comment

hello to every one and happy new year

Best wishes to all members of this blog

Comment

new member, i have a samsung 245t. i think my caps just blew, hopefully i can find the help here. thanks

Comment

Required Intro to post:
              I am an electronics (they called it computer hardware back then) engineer by training but that was a long time ago when dinosaurs still roamed the earth and the Intel 8086 was THE chip of choice, bit/slice microprocessor design was seen as the future, and no one needed more than 1k of ram. Now I pretty much stick to fixing stuff around the house and a lot of audio/amplifier/guitar modifications. I found this forum searching for answers and schematics for a flat screen television that I am trying to revive and am amazed at all the info on the site - a new favorite for sure.
              Randy

Comment

Hello forum.

I stumbled with this forum, when I was looking for a bios dump on Internet, and I do not regret I've found it.
                I hope to learn a lot and also teach a little.
                I would like to wish you all a Happy New 2016 Year !!

Comment

Wow, what a great community! Glad to be a "junior" part My name is Mark and I am a computer tech in Minneapolis, MN. Hope to be able to contribute something to the forums!

Comment

Hi, we're new here and this is our mandatory post to be able to post a thread. I've already done a search on our model number and can't find anything on it specifically, only another model which looks completely different on the inside.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Hi - Just joined trying to figure out how to repair a television. Already tried one possibility without success so I will be posting once the formalities are out of the way. My name is Andy - thanks.

Comment

Hi all, I'm a tattooist from Manchester who until recently had no interest in capacitors etc but became fed up with replacing electrical items so decided to learn a little about what can be done to repair them, I soon realised what a lot there is to learn so please be prepared for what may seem to you to be stupid questions

Comment

Originally posted by tattoodee View Post
                          Hi all, I'm a tattooist from Manchester who until recently had no interest in capacitors etc but became fed up with replacing electrical items so decided to learn a little about what can be done to repair them, I soon realised what a lot there is to learn so please be prepared for what may seem to you to be stupid questions
                          Sorry should have said Manchester UK

Comment

Hi folks! I'm Sel Full, a long time DIY'er with extraordinary MacGyver skills. I'm also a 15 year IT professional, troubleshooting and repairing various and sundry hardware and software problems. I like what I do, and I appreciate the techs out there who are open to share knowledge. I'm just another one in the mix...

Comment

Hi... Happy New Year to all... 😃

Comment

Hi Everyone....

Joined the site a few hours ago. Been into electronics for 30+ years, started out as a curious 12 year old and then it progressed into a career. Currently working on air navigation and communication systems at a major airport in Canada. Also holding a ham radio license...another hobby I've been at for quite some time now.
                                Good to meet you all!

Comment

New guy here from Illinois. Just trying to get some help with my tv, and this looks like the place to be!

Comment

Hi, Y'all.

I fixed my LCD a few years ago just from lurking here in the forums. Now it's given up the ghost again and I'm looking for some more help.

Comment

I replaced a capacitor 35v 68uf the fan goes on but no lights on digital display and the buttons don't work. could i have sorted out all others? jenn air wall oven

Comment

Hello everyone, newbie. Have a good amount of electronics and troubleshooting experience but since I don't do tv repairs anymore sometimes i need some re orientation.

Comment

Happy New Year to all!

My first post here... from Saskatchewan, Canada. My main hobby is vintage tube type hi-fi gear from the 50's and 60's, but I'll tackle almost any electronic challenge! Also into early Honda CB750K's.

Comment

Working...
                                          X