This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi every one! Iam totally new to forums but really like to tinker with non working tvs.Hope to learn a lot from all of you. Thanks for sharing! BTW I am a old timer 59yrs

Comment

Hi Gang,

I'm glad to find this forum. Good information and always a helping hand.

About myself. I'm a retired cellular telephone engineer. I was responsible for the cellular switches in the Carolinas and Puerto Rico. Prior to the cellular gig, I was an electronic design engineer and before that I worked as a design engineer for an electric utility. Oh yes, a couple of years in the Army is in there somewhere.

I really like to repair things. Repairing TVs paid for my college education. I have a BS and MS in Electrical Engineering from a great southern engineering school with a lousy football team.

My repair mania extends to my other interest, my cars. My car is 32 years old and has 310,000 miles. My wife's car is 35 years old and has 290,000 miles. I would hop in either one and set out cross-country tomorrow.

Comment

I'm new and hoping to get some aid fixing this dang tv!

Comment

Hi, my name is Mark. I am an EE student. Searches led me to this site many times, I finally decided to join.

Comment

hello, my name is John. I am a master automotive technician and glad to join the forum.

Comment

Hi!

Comment

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I have read a lot of the post and there seems to be some very good knowledge floating around on here. I'm interested in learning about TV repair and own a few Vizios.

Comment

Hello,
                  Looking to learn how to diagnose and repair macbooks.

Comment

Hello. I'm a hack who's replaced bad caps in a handful of electronic devices over the years. Now have a TV to fix...if beginner's luck applies to SMD soldering.

Comment

Hey yall I am David and I am a rookie at this Mr. Fixit stuff but I love it and learn quick. I am an old timer but after working 40+ years of hard labor I am now disabled and use my time fixing stuff for others pro bono... If I can get it apart and see how it works I can fix it.. from a watch to a Cat Diesel engine and even an LCD tv or computer..hope you smarter guys and gals can help me help others ... good to meet yall .. good day from Madison,Alabama .. "Rocket Engineer Capitol of the World" !!!

Comment

umm hi everyone. name's seth from the philippine islands. i'm a electronics repairman and a bit 10 years behind you all. electronics these days are really becoming harder and harder to fix unlike the older ones with commonly known and regular sized components. and because of the lack of right information on how to revive these things they become throw aways in my country. bad panel, bad mainboard,bad inverter board,etc.. nowhere available. but what i saw here in badcaps, panels can still be made functional, mainboards can be repaired by chip level and some other very very strange stuff that are alien to us..hope that you guys can help me a bit with those alien techniques of yours. cheers..

Comment

Hi - new member here. This site has helped me in the past, but now I'm stumped. Time to ask a question of my own. Thanks for the work you all do in maintaining this site.

Comment

Hi all I am Alex. I live in Newark, England. I have a good knowledge when it comes to PCs and laptop hardware components. When it gets down to caps and res my experience is more limited. I can however use a voltmeter and solder.

I have stumbled over to this forum to expand my skills into the TV repair domain through necessity.

Comment

hello.

Comment

Just learning.

Comment

Hey everyone, joined to learn stuff for tv repair. I tend to fix a lot for friends and family members and also find discarded tvs that I take for parts or repairs. So it's good to see all the info here. Thanks right away to all who contribute! 👍🏻

Comment

hey!

joined to learn more about component lever motherboard repair. started with simple smartphone repair, wich is basically swapping out displays and stuff.. i bought a "water damaged" macbook (not sure yet about this) and this is what brought me here.

Comment

Hello this is my introduction post I’ll try to be brief.
                                      My name is Dwight and I’m a retired communications equipment installer and
                                      service technician from Lucent Technologies, now 10 years in retirement. I
                                      built car audio amplifiers for Liner Power in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s. Was
                                      an aircraft weapons mechanic and was honorably discharged from USAF in ’76.
                                      My hobbies include gold prospecting (got gold fever when I was 12 years old and
                                      have never been able to shake it), sawmills (yes I make my own lumber), and
                                      just about anything in the off-road arena (motorcycles, 4X4s, trucks, cars).
                                      I am a jack of the trades master of none type of guy.
                                      I’m joining this forum because I have a Vizio VW42L HDTV10A TV that is in need
                                      of repair and thought that members here (after reading some of there posts)
                                      might be able to help me out. I really don’t like the idea of throwing it away
                                      when a 50 cent part could fix it. I will post more on this TV in a later post
                                      for now I’m off on a quest to gather trouble shooting repair and parts info.
                                      Thank you for allowing me to join this forum.
                                      Thank you
                                      Dwight the Old Gold Miner

Comment

Hi to y'all!

I am from Conroe, Texas. Looking forward to learning stuff that can help in my DIY fixing of electronic devices.

Comment

Hi everybody! I´m new in this forum, thank you for accepting me!
                                          I´m from Portugal and a technician electronic repairing LCD, Plasmas with some experience and recently I'm trying to repair laptops and his psu.
                                          Sorry my bad English.
                                          I´ll try to cooperate with you with my experience.
                                          Now, I'm repairing a Liteon PA-3241-02A1 and the problem is not working.
                                          Fernando Sousa

Comment

Working...
                                          X