X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Howdy Folks!
    I've been lurking in the shadows for quite a while on this board. I continue to be impressed with the depth and breadth of technical knowledge and experience shared here. I have used information for this board to repair TV's, PC's and assorted other techno-junk.
    I figured it was time for me to come in out of the cold and join the fun. I hope I am able to contribute something of value to the community.

Comment

Hello all.
      Looks like a very useful "reservoir of knowledge".
      I must admit I found it when searching for online help with fixing a sick Samsung TV (no surprises there ...).
      I'm more used to repairing/rebuilding classic cars and motorcycles (my own) but I'll have a go at almost anything. Even rebuilt much of a derelict C16th cottage !

Just got to get used to those Youtube videos with American cousins saying "sodder" when they are soldering !!

Comment

Hello,

My name is Michael. I'm an electrical engineer from Toronto, Canada, just looking to get some help troubleshooting my LG Plasma that quit recently. I love my plasma and I want it back!

I bought a 70" Vision M70-C3 to replace it and while that is a nice television, plasmas are better.

Mike

Comment

I am a dying breed a TV engineer I started in valves 51 years ago through to transistors to IC'S I came across this site looking for a service manual or help on no backlight on a Toshiba 40L1333b it seems very good.

Comment

Hello everyone.
            I have a problem with a Panasonic Plasma and need help. I will post a new thread.
            Thanks !

Comment

Hi Everyone,
              My name is Hamed and I am here to learn how to fix mother boards.
              Thanks,

Comment

New Member - introduce itself here

Hello Everybody,
                My name is Vesko,
                my country is Bulgaria
                I am a hardware developer engineer,
                I look for schematics over Internet and search engine bring me to this site
                Thank you very much

Comment

Hello everyone: My name is Robert Huggar and I live in Minneapolis, MN. I am a Supplier Quality Engineer and I repair TV's as a hobby here in Minnesota. I also buy broken screen TV's and barter with several of the local TV Repair Shops with TV parts I have. I am here to learn whatever I can and I can also provide various hard to find TV parts from my vast inventory of TV's I have harvested good parts out of. (PS: I am very User Friendly)

Comment

hello all,
                    My name is Jay, from southern New Jersey. I have used the boards before for info on how to repair some LCD tv's with much success...Thank you all.
                    Trying to learn how to troubleshoot a no power problem on a high end Samsung plasma now.

Comment

Hi everyone, My name is Afandi.

Very happy with this forum.

I am interested about computer and laptop hardware,
                      now i m learning about schematic laptop.

Comment

Joe,

Trying to fix a TV. I'm not smart so use small words. Thanks.

Comment

Re: New Members - Terry Mc

Terry Mc from Manchester, UK
                          I'm not a geek - just a user of equipment.
                          I have a 32" Combi TV & DVD which is playing up and I was hoping I could get an insight into how to sort it out here.
                          It's an ALBA LCD32947DVDHD used by my grandaughter at weekends and am looking to you guys to help
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/smilies/worthy.gif

Comment

Hello - Γειά σας
                            I am a professional electronic engineer, I work 25 years to repair.
                            I am from athens - GREECE. Maybe I am useful and I will be happy to work with professionals...

Comment

Hello,
                              I am here to get some help picking caps out for a motherboard.

Comment

Hello, I'm possibly going to need to repair my television soon, and I'm looking for some advice.

Comment

Hi, I am an electronic tech/software engineer who started out in tech school where they had just shut down their vacuum tube computer and replaced it with an IBM 1401. Worked on most types computers as they were developed up until now.
                                  I am trying to repair a LCD TV, Toshiba 40RV525R where back-lights fail to come on. Getting info seems very difficult.
                                  Hope this board can help. Rondo

Comment

Hello all, I'll be asking for help with a TV shortly!

Comment

Hello. Need to start a new thread for TV repair.

Comment

Greeting fellow techies. I have been a avid techie for years and now have a broken tv. Thank you for this service and to all you who spend hours answering questions from people like myself.

Comment

My name is Garrett in the past year I been trying to learn how to fix tvs. So far I have fixed 3 nothing hard just replaced a few boards. Looking to learn more!! Any way I'm a new construction commercial plumber been in the trade for a little over 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                                          X