X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Thundergod,

Arizona....materials engineer...trying to fix my POS Vizio TV!

Comment

Hi,

I am from Eastern Canada. Electronics has always been a hobby to me.

Fixing a Samsung monitor (2233sw) I ran accross the Badcaps website which provided very helpfull information.

So I decided to join the Badcaps community.

Comment

Hi... my neighbor has a dead 70in sharp that may be headed to the "bin" so I thought I would poke around and see if we can rescue it. Was in telecom as a career, now just a hobbyist and helping friends and family save things that might otherwise be in the garbage. It is great to learn new things and my brief look in on this forum indicates that it has got an active and good following which I hope to learn from and hopefully contribute to also. Other areas that take up my time is trying to keep my vehicles out of those "$100+" / hour shops... :-) and keeping up with home maintenance / upgrades while putting together an acoustic guitar here and there.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
          I am a recent law school graduate from the Southern United States. I am here to get some help with an infuriating failure to communicate between my 50" plasma screen and my Playstation 4 game console. Hopefully y'all can help.
          ~Chris

Comment

Hello.
            I'm from Europe. (GMT+2, NY time+6)
            I just signed up in this forum.
            Some time ago I was worried that I had to replace the capacitors in a unused Rotel power stage.
            I learned curiosities about the life of the caps, for example, it degrade even without use them.
            That's was a future project, but now, a primary cap burned partially in my PSU, so I search in this forum advise to choose the right cap.
            I will ask in this thread about how to repair a Tagan (Topower) PSU and what replace to a primary cap in a Gigabyte (FSP) PSU.

Comment

This is the thread link:
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...069#post577069

Comment

Hi my name is Derek and as you can probably tell im not the best with computers. I weld for a living but im good at fixing things as long as there not smarter or to involved

Comment

Hi,
                  Elan, electronics engineer although more of a hobby today than a profession.

Comment

Hi guys
                    I'm a member of quite a few forums & discovered this one by accident.
                    Seems like a good informative site so here I am lol.
                    Hoping to help others on here & to be helped.
                    Also hoping to advance my electronic skills.

Comment

Hi. My name is Martin. My hobby is PC and all relate to it

Comment

Yep decoot,
                        TV's have become less reliable and infinetly tougher to repair.
                        But this is a great site to learn from!
                        Good luck!

Comment

Hi I am an electrical engineering student at the university of north florida. currently i am working on a tv that broke down a while back.... this forum seemed the best to ask for help

Comment

Hello..... my name is Darwin! Initially I worked as a laboratory technician in the petroleum field for 13 years and then moved to computer support for the last 23 years of my stay. I retired a little over 2 years ago and now have time to tinker with many hobbies! I am not an electronics expert, but along with building many computers, I have built a guitar tube amp from scratch and made simple repairs on monitors, TV's, power supplies and such through the years. I found this forum while looking for information to repair a subwoofer amp that just died! Hope I can help some folks out with simple questions as well as gain information on future projects I may have!!!

Comment

Hi gang,
                              I was lead here after searching cap troubles with jbl subs. The site looks to be a one stop shop for circuit board diag/repair, as well as tips for the various skills need for the work.
                              Get ready for lot's of stupid questions.

Mike

Comment

Hello,

Former electronics tech here, been out of the industry for about 15 years. Still like using the soldering iron, multimeter and DSO.

Comment

Hello,

I"m a HVAC contractor who tries to find time to fix everything that I break and I'm always building something useless.

Comment

Hello, all.
                                    I am an hobby technician of all sorts of electronics. I have better skils in computer hardware and also internet page building. Now a days I also try to repair some TV, s and other electronics... where im a beginner.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                      As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                      So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                      where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                      Hi,
                                      Just an old techie from the "repair to component level" era. Afraid I'm a bit rusty as it's been decades since I've dabbled in this stuff.
                                      I hit upon your site while looking for info on a power problem with a Toshiba Satellite L300. Actually found some useful information
                                      and would like to pursue some of the threads , especially those with pics of the MB and so on.
                                      Best,
                                      N.

Comment

Hello all,

I'm an electrical engineering trying to fix my Monitor.

Comment

Hi everyone, I joined the forum as my Toshiba 40bv801b 40 inch TV just switched off whilst we where watching it. I searched for any solutions and found this forum - and gained valuable information from viewing the threads.

I saw others listed their computer history in their first posts, so here's mine :
                                          Atari 2600 console, Commodore Vic-20, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, PC (386, 486 upwards to my current HP Intel core 2 duo). I haven't purchased a PC (not including laptops) in over 20 years, I take friends and families rejects and make the most of them.

Thank you for creating such a great forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X