X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi

I stumbled across this forum whilst looking for lcd monitor information.
    Thanks for all the help and please keep up the good work.

Comment

BoB 200 want to say Hello! from germany. I have Much to read and learn. Thank you for support.

Comment

Hey guys just joined your forum my name is Patrick, have very little expierience but willing to try was hoping i was in the right area to find some help on fixing my rca 42 in. lcd with no picture. can i get some help or direction thanks. I have checked for bad caps but no sign of anything everything that i can see behind the panels looks good with the exception of a little brown burn spot on the board below a cap thats it. thanks again
        '

Comment

hi
          to be honest i just joined as im trying to repair a gateway
          power jack and there are some pics of the jack i want to see
          however had a delve thru the forum and it looks good
          with lots of helpful info keep up the good work guys
          Bob

Comment

Howdy ya'll,I am from West Virginia and have been into computers for some time.
            I am a bit of a hands on type guy and Tweak everything from Guns to Guitars to Computers.
            I am self taught in all these things and currently repair PC's as a Hobby/Side job type deal.
            I have thrown away loads of computer equipment in the past that was suffering from bad caps as I was always unsure as to how to go about fixing the darn things.Although what keep me from it was a lack of understand of Capacitor terms and the numbers that went with them (uF)...
            I was given recently a Gateway monitor by a real good buddy that was not working.HE could not bring himself to throw it away due to it being a 22 inch LCD panel that cost $600 new.
            He gave it to me and I pulled it apart to find 2 or 3 470uF 25v 10mm caps blown...Replaced them and it works like a brand new one.
            The bad news was my other 22 inch monitor,I had give my teenage son to play WOW on...blew caps a month later.
            So I recently ordered more caps to try to fix it.
            Both these LCD panels are in good order its not even the little motherboard that is problematic its the Power Board that blows the caps.

I take pics of almost all my mods and Tweaks anymore and post them on Facebook.
            Maybe I will get over the case of lazy and post some on here to.

So that is my little intro.
            Now to get reading some of the threads on here. :-P

Comment

Hello, just joined trying to fix a Dell 2005fpw. I'm currently in the midst of looking through other posts concerning this display. I'm trying to determine if it's bad caps or ccfls or something else. I'm new to this stuff.

Comment

Hello,

I think it is awesome to have found a forum specific to the problem of bad capacitors.

Not surprisingly, I add my name to the list, with a currently dead Samsung monitor (Syncmaster 225BW), and I am confident it will soon be glowing again, after I do a little bit of reading here.

Now I'm wondering what components in the past I threw away that could have been repaired easily. Dang it!

Oh well, on to the 225BW pages...

Dennis

Comment

This site looks similar to EPVPERS...

Comment

Hi! I am new to this forum & introducing myself. Located in St. Lucia, the Caribbean.
                    Have been in the consumer electronics repair business for over 30 years.

Comment

This place is great. Yet another location to learn how to repair items on your own. I found badcaps by mistake. I appreciate the time that has been put in here by all the members to help solve peoples problems.

Comment

Hello to everyone from Greece!
                        I am an electrical engineer and I like to fix computer related stuff( laptops,lcds etc)for hobby.
                        I found your forum while searching info about how to fixmy Viewsonic VX2235wm..
                        I will do a little searching and I guess you will hear me again soon..

Comment

This forum is awesome. I joined because I'm always taking stuff apart to fix something that's broken. I'm not timid to tackle any job. I have a degree in mechanical engineering and I work for a company that makes phase converters. I'm comfortable digging into bad circuit boards but I'm a novice when it comes to the logic and troubleshooting. I hope to learn alot in this forum. My first project is to repair a Phillips LCD TV that I've already seen a thread on.

TT "Yall" L

Comment

Hey everyone, i've learnt so much from reading this forum.
                            i love getting broken things back to work , i first fixed my own monitor from reading here and from there on out i've been hungry for more!

Comment

Hi, I'm a college student who loves fixing monitors, tvs and all other sorts of electronics with bad capacitors. I found this forum while researching for a repair guide for a samsung lcd monitor. Thanks for such a great site. I don't know what I would do without such helpful forums.

Comment

Hello... fixing a Dell 530S with a bad Bestec... joined to view your photos... great site... thanks !!! - BJDinNC

Comment

Greetings to all, great forum. I've buzzed in a few times as a guest/lurker for tips on stuff, I'm starting to have enough seriously challenging components come my way that I think I need to reach out for help now and then. I'm a computer tech by trade, and occasionally I get monitors or motherboards in that no one wants to fix, so they just buy new.......I've managed to get two motherboards and a handful of monitors fixed with cap replacements (and a transistor, in the case of one Dell LCD). Unfortunately my knowledge is mostly limited to visual inspection (read: bad caps), not much electronics knowledge. I'm hoping to glean some deeper info here, and maybe post a couple of challenges from my pile of projects.

Comment

Hi,
                                    What great info. Found the forum while troubleshooting a 6 year old Dell 8400, No boot, screaming fan. Looks like bad caps on the MoBd. Will order from Bad-caps.

Regards,
                                    Richard

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm also new to this site and I believe this is my first post ever, so I'm not sure if I've even put it in the correct place.

If not could some please direct me as to how I do this, I have many questions I would really like to ask as I'm just starting out messing about with electronics and from what I have read from all the post everyone on here seems awesome. Cheers

Comment

Hi All, Martin here from Ireland. Not a tech as such but like to pull things apart, fix them and put them back together again.

Currently working on my Toshiba A200 with a bad NEC Tokin OE128 and got more helpful information on this site in 10 minuets then I got on the rest of the net in 2 weeks.

So Good to be here.

Comment

Hello badcaps.net! My name is Juan, I'm from Puerto Rico.
                                          I'm a musician, and a teacher. Graduated and certified as a music teacher, but at the moment I'm teaching spanish as a second language. If anyone's interested in some spanish, feel free to ask!
                                          Anyways, as an electric guitarist, you end up learning your bits of electric knowledge. But as a teacher. . . I am also fascinated with LEARNING. Can't be one without the other. So, just like I read from the first 2 posters on this thread, the 2 owners I believe, I also can't seem to quench that thirst for learning, and electronics and working my way around with my multimeter are my weakness at the moment, so here I am!
                                          Greetings from sunny San Juan!

Comment

Working...
                                          X