This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey guys. Posting on this thread so I can start asking questions!!

Repairing is my hobby, and I'm new to TVs.

Comment

Hello,

I am from the Los Angeles, California area. Attending school at the moment working on finishing year two (2015) and going onto electrical engineering. I hope to specialize in automation engineering both commercial and consumer for the handicap. Prior years, I was a military aviator for 17 years.

Comment

First, post, still new to this

Comment

Hello,
          I am not gonna lie, I registered here because I need help with my tv and you guys look like a friendly bunch.
          Have some experince working with electronics from before, mostly from school, some just messing about by myself.

So, I hope you''ll welcome me and my problem

Comment

Hello! My name is Randy and I just joined the forum today. I'm in my late 20's and have been tinkering with electronics for as long as I can remember. As I'm sure most of you can relate, I'm pretty much always the guy my friends bring their electronics\computer problems to and quite enjoy fixing things.

I've also gravitated towards anything audio\music related since a young age, and went to school for audio engineering in 2009. As you might have guessed from the username, I also play guitar. It's been awhile since I joined a forum, but this seems like a pretty cool one! Cheers!

Comment

Hi, My name is Rob and I've been repairing electronics as a hobby for 30 years! My day job is Cisco CCNA instructor. I also play guitar and sing in a band....play drums and synth too. Into Home Theater and recording with Ableton Live.
              This forum is amazing - I've used it many times hunting down problems in specific gear.

Comment

haaaaiiiiiiiiii

Comment

Hi all,
                  My fist close contact with "bad caps" was on a late 90's amp (Marshall JTM 310), that needed a full caps replacement.

I also improve my personal knowledge by chasing for some tips related to laptops, linux, raspberry pi, arduino and electronics in general.

Comment

Hi I'm John From England.69yo retired and still learning, hope to get some good tips of you young uns.
                    Cheers

Comment

Just dropping by to say Helo guys. been having trouble with a TV I got from a neighbor and trying to get it working properly again.

Comment

hello everyone i am glad to join your forum

Comment

Am sorry to have to ask again but I cannot find how to start a thread.

Comment

Hello,

I started fixing my TV and found this place. I enjoyed fixing cars but it is my first time to fix LCD Tv. Hope I can learn many things from here and hand it over to other people. Thanks !

Comment

Hi,

I am trying to fix my Viewsonic monitor and I did an Internet search and this forum looked like the best place to ask a few questions.

Thanks for letting me in!

Comment

Hello my BenQ TFT seems to have bad caps. And I'm thinking about trying to repair it. With the help of this forum I might have a chance to realice that idea.

Comment

Hello guys!

I am Ivo from Bulgaria! I am software engineer and programmer and I also like electronics. So I am very happy to join this forum since we are all suffering from bad caps in all type equipment

Comment

I'm from florida and an electronics/software engineer. Looking to fix my tv and finding the boards very useful.

Comment

Greetings all... what a great forum to find. I'm a tinkerer when something goes wrong as I like to fix problems rather than throw away and replace. TV's, cars repairs, etc.
                                      I have a problem with a Samsung Plasma I will post about separately.

Cheers, Dan

Comment

Hoping to fix my Samsung TV

Comment

I'm happy to find the solution to fix my buzzing tv here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X