X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone!!

I decided to join Badcaps.net Forum because i like to do repairs, from simple ones to harde ones.
    I look forward to start posting some doubts that i have and helping with what i know.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Guys
      My name is Alfredo. I'm repairing computers for a long time.
      Happy to be here in this amazing forum

Comment

Hi people,

I'm from the UK and have taken on repairing electronics like TVs, Phones, Computers, anything I feel I can handle as a sort of hobby.
        So far I've repaired 4 LCD TVs, but I've joined here to hopefully learn more and be able to help other out!!

Thanks and hopefully talk to some of you soon!

Comment

Hi Everyone, I am basically hear to learn from all of you. I have built may PC's, and I have gotten lucky a few times basically because the problem was leaky caps which smelled,so I was able to fix a couple of boards hear and there. My current problem is this Acer 2416 Monitor that was going dim and I tried to brighten up the screen and poof it went dark. It flashes on for a millisecond and then shuts off, no time to adjust brightness down. I am 68 years old, a Vietnam Vet and my real expertise is no most things relating to construction, mostly roofs, and mostly commercial roofs, as that's where I made my living, first as an installer, and later as a Registered Roof consultant I have about 3600 posts on this discipline on DIY forum.

Comment

Hi Everyone, I am basically here to learn from all of you. I have built may PC's, and I have gotten lucky a few times basically because the problem was leaky caps which smelled, so I was able to fix a couple of boards hear and there. My current problem is this Acer 2416 Monitor that was going dim and I tried to brighten up the screen and poof it went dark. It flashes on for a millisecond and then shuts off, no time to adjust brightness down.

I am 68 years old, an AF Vietnam Vet and my real expertise is most things relating to commercial and residential construction, mostly roofs, and mostly commercial roofs, as that's where I made my living, first as an installer, and later as a Registered Roof consultant I have about 3600 posts on this discipline on DIY forum. I am pretty good with Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, HVAC also.

Comment

Hello, Bad Caps legionnaires!

Comment

I guess that's not much of an introduction :P

I've arrived here from a hunt for information to fix a Samsung monitor, and this forum has already centralized most of the useful information on the subject.

I have soldering experience, but mostly following actions I've learned for specific processes without knowing technical details for things, and so my knowledge is somewhat lopsided.

Thinking about checking components with a DMM makes my thoughts spin. I no longer create monstrously deformed solder gobs when I solder, though.

Comment

Hi all, I'm one of those guys that started college for computer science but never finished. I'm into tablets and laptops but I tinker with most anything. Nice forum, I hope to learn a lot and maybe help

Comment

I have no background in electronics but would love to learn. I'm mainly here to fix a couple of things around my house and business and I've seen threads from this site when searching for answers.

Comment

Hello, Mark here. I am looking for information of the technical kind. As I have a problem with a TV. Hoping to find some help. Thank You!

Comment

Hey everybody,

My Name is Dennis, I am an American, who lives in Germany

I registered here because I am interested in learning soldering and repairing electronical devices.

Comment

Hey everyone!
                          I've been stumbling across this forum tons of times while googling electronics troubleshooting or repairs, so i figured i might aswell try and give something back for the knowledge and solutions gotten from here.

About me, i'm 24 year old guy from Estonia, been working at and managing a little electronics and computers repair workshop. I have specialized on computers mainly but i find electronics just as interesting. I have graduated from school with computer science major and my little electronics knowledge and skill has come through practice, lots of googling and guides.
                          If you're wondering how can i repair electronics if im not that skilled in it, i use services of other workshops for more advanced stuff.

Love the site, keep up the good work guys.

Comment

Thank you for accepting me as new member of badcaps.net my purpose in joining is to inquire, know, and learn some tips on pc, laptop repair and troubleshooting. i'm not a comp technician but maybe i can fix it myself and hopefully with your help. Thanks again and God bless!

Comment

hi all im new here with lots of questions to ask

Comment

Hi All

Iam an amateur electronic repairer who loves to learn. Iam currently repairing everything from a 1950s valve (tube) radio right upto modern DAB units and learning lots as I go. Next up is a 40" TV. Right now there is a big push to repair houseehold electronic items all for free at community events to stop them ending up in landfill, so its a very exciting time.

All the best
                                Mike

Comment

Hello Bad Caps follower,
                                  I enjoy reading and learning some of the trade secrets of working on flat panel tvs!!!

Comment

Hello all I am from the uk getting on a bit but still wanting to learn thanks for accepting me into your community

Comment

Hello everyone I decided to join this forum after trying to help a family member with a tv issue. I love to tinker with electronics here and there and have tackled 2 flat screen televisions in the past that is why I am here after doing some research online in regards to a issue that I have with this 3rd set. Thanks to everyone out there helping others.

Thanks...

Comment

Greetings,

Fixed a few LCD monitors and TV's with the help of this site. 40 year old Electronics Engineer.

-Kevin

Comment

Happy to join a forum with such an obvious abundance of helpful smart people.

Comment

Working...
                                          X