This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Have always came here and searched to find answers and decided to signup, love the place and has help me a lot!

Comment

Hi everyone. I replaced the caps on a motherboard a few years ago. It was scary doing surgery on it, but it worked. Now I'm back because this seems to be the best place for learning the long lost art of diagnosing and fixing things.

Comment

Hello I'm new here and trying to figure out how to reset the bios password that a friends son somehow put on my laptop. I've removed the CMOS battery and replaced after about a hour with the same result. I am locked out and all my notes from school are on there including some homework that I've already missed out on turning in

Comment

Just signed on. Always been a tinkerer, Ham Radio in the early 70s, computer programmer in the late 70s, been rescuing neglected broken electronics ever since.

Comment

Hi, i have come to this forum to learn a bit about repairing plasmas, i have fixed one already but its alway handy to have all this knowledge at hand!

Comment

Hi my name is john and im a computer guy. i am excited to be part of this forum.
              thanks
              jon

Comment

electronics tinkering this forum is a must

Comment

Hi, just registered on forum and wanted to say hello. Got to say one of the best forums for finding info on repairs that I have found. Well done to all.

Comment

Hi guys, awesome job on this site
                    just decided to join your forums.
                    I found this place trying to work on my TV .

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about electronics .

Comment

I am Raymar: new member
                      I never worked in electronics; only by hobby, but very soon.
                      My first computer was an Ohio Scientific with 4k memory(yes, not 4meg or gig). This memory in 1978 cost was $100!!!
                      I am still a "maniac" of all types of making and repair: analog and digital electronics, robotics, mechanics, solar and wind...
                      My english could be painfull, cause I am a native french person in Quebec, Canada.
                      Thanks!

Comment

Hey my name is Leo, found this place while working on my tv. Great info!!

Comment

Hello, I'm Keith, a new member.

Been in electronics/computers since 1983.

Sorry to see my local ACK radio close it's Birmingham location the first of this year. Now there is only a Forbes for parts.

Last large project (last year) was wire wrapping a Sym-1 from scratch.

Glad to find a web site with other hardware souls.

Comment

Hello!
                            I had to deal with bad capacitors in my Packard Bell PC some years ago and now I just discovered that my Toshiba Satellite shutdown are due to a bad Nec-Tokin capacitor.
                            It's amazing how many devices get broken because of bad capacitors
                            Amazing forum too.

Comment

Hi! Hoping to find some answers here to the ever returning bad caps issues all equipment seems to suffer from sooner or later. Latest patient, my lg tv that has a thin horizontal line across it. Im hoping its a bad cap. Changing caps is cheap new tvs are not

Comment

Hi! I like to do DIY repairs, but have a lot to learn in the process yet enjoy the challenge. I have next to no experience working on circuit boards, I did learn a bit about troubleshooting Apple computers years ago (mostly because the techies at my place of work refused to support my Mac).

Comment

Hey, I'm logan. I live in the states in MN. I am a full-blood video game console repairman, anything you throw at me, I can handle it I specialize in BGA rework using my new Bauer IR PRO SCC v5, Yes, V5. I am eager to dip into the loads of knowledge here and also spread some of my own. This is a great forum!

Comment

Hello,
                                    I am Roger. been in the it business for 20 something years.. I am getting more interested in the circuit building (arduino, etc).. I came to this site due to a broken LCD monitor, but I will be looking at some of the other systems as I have a few motherboards that are DOA.. looks like a great site full of useful info.

Comment

I only hear good things about this thread, so I have to see it for myself if my problem can be solved....

Comment

Hallo,
                                        I`m mike came here coz some one gave me a broken LCD TV, and when it comes to modern lcd tvs you can call me Jon Snow.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm Sean and new to BC and wanted to appreciate those who have kept this site functional whenever I needed any help for broken TV's.

Comment

Working...
                                          X