This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi there! new here. In software profession but weak in hardware. Interested in electronics since child but don't have the proper training. Self study on-going, and on-going for years but still can't say I know (still can't repair 90% of failed electronics at home). Assembled a few kits on Hifi amp, cd player, speakers by following instructions. Understand their principle, sometimes understand their schematics if explained in detail.

Can't say I would contribute much now because of the limited knowledge. But I would when I can, like I did in some video editing forums. Keep in touch.

Comment

Hello. I've got a TV that I'm trying to fix and I'm hoping I can get the info I need on this site. I'm an engineer so I'm comfortable taking things apart and troubleshooting. Problem is I'm a chemical engineer so electronics are not my strong suit which is why I'm here to consult the experts.

Comment

Hello all, New to the boards. Driven here by research on fixing my TV. I don't have a background in electronics but several years in computer/network hardware and learning things of interest. Right now I'm interested in learning how I can save my TV

Comment

Hi, Everyone.

My
          I'm been a MacGyver of sorts since the 80's...
          I've got a soft spot for the Atari STe, Macintosh Quadra 840av, Blackberry Playbook and analog synthesizers...
          Ive been having bad luck with caps in my eMac, iMac, and eioMac... ;-)
          Latest cap(?) situation is with a dead Toshiba 32DT2U LCD TV... Any specific info anyone has on this model is greatly appreciated!
          I hope to be a useful contributor to this site in the future...
          I

Comment

Hi all,

I've either started to collect vintage electronics, or perhaps am a bit of a hoarder.

So far my couple of quarter-century-old Macs are still going, but visibly-distressed capacitors definitely killed the motherboards and PSUs of a few vintage PCs.

It seems to me "caps gone bad" are the bane of many types of consumer electronics considered "disposable" by the manufacturers. (Forget about wall-wart power supplies.)

No problems with higher level repair (diagnosis and swapping parts), but neither have the equipment nor any experience in PCB level work, like re-capping.

And came here to find out a bit more.

Comment

Hi, Im O.T from Ghana in Africa. Been repairing desktops and laptops since 1999. Ive found a lot of solutions on this forum and thought it wise to also get on here and share with the community.

Comment

From Sydney, Australia and have been in IT for 10 years. Always buying used/broken things and seeing if I can fix them as a hobby and enjoy learning as I go along.

Comment

Hi to all, I'm Jigs from Philippines. I'm just a beginner and want to learn new things about electronics and motherboard repair from this forum.

Comment

Hi all.

New user from Spain. I've been working for 9 years at a service workshop. Now it went out of business and I have to make a living by myself. I try to be creative and not give up to "it cannot be repaired, sorry". Hope to discuss here some of these creative solutions!

Comment

Hello, my name is Jose. I'm from Chicago, Illinois. I'm 38. I happened to run into this website by looking for some information on how to fix a tv that I was given by a friend of mine that no longer wanted it b/c he didn't want to take the time to fix it b/c it's just too expensive and time consuming. Anyway...on the other hand, I do have time , but I don't wanna pay a lot for this muffler...LOL..I figured if I fix it ,I get a new big screen out of it and I get a little hands-on on how to fix electronics.

I don't really know a lot about electronics, but i'm willing to learn a few tricks from the real professionals here on this website. So I'm really glad and excited I found this site. And I hope I can get some help from the pro's and a little bit of knowledge from all this.. I do have a little bit of experience in soldering in my background. So maybe I can start there. My experience comes from being a certified automotive technician. I had to R&R a couple of parts before on some cars so I kinda get the jist of it. I also know how to build & fix & tear down computers. With a little direction & help & hints I can get the ball rolling. Thank you very much for accepting me here on your website....HAPPY NATIONAL UFO DAY! by the way.

Comment

Hi, D from Ohio. I was looking for help on diagnosing a plasma tv problem and enjoyed the preview to the forum I found while searching. I'm kind of a Jack of all trades and look forward to learning from some gurus.

Comment

Hi, G from Alabama. I was looking for help on diagnosing a plasma tv problem and enjoyed the preview to the forum I found while searching. I'm kind of a Jack of all trades and look forward to learning from some gurus.

Comment

HI everyone, I am Pl. Angelov from Bulgaria and I have been in the electroncis repair from the 90's.
                            My basic work is in the technical university in Bulgaria, but my hobby is electronics discovery and repair. Schematics in this forum help me to find more specific component in the FPS supply units.
                            Regards
                            Angelov

Comment

Hi I am Alvin Fano from Philippines, 45 years old married with three children and i am a computer technician here in my country.

anyways thank you for accepting my registration for which i will be able to see the whole topics in which i am very interested, particularly fixing lcd/led monitors..

Comment

New Member here am I

Hi, I'm from france and want to learn more about all laptop recovery. thanks from now for your help.

Comment

Hello. I am spacegolfer. Just joined the forum researching them to find info on my Panasonic Plasma 55GT30.

Looks to be loads of information on here about everything. Thanks for letting me in.

Comment

Greetings all! Like much/most of you, I dabble in a little bit of everything and can't stand a challenge when it comes to fixing anything. I'm retired U.S. Navy with a extensive background in electronics - I ran an advanced calibration laboratory for most of my career and had the pleasure of setting up a new school and writing much of the curriculum. It's been a while since I've been in the lab and had access to any test equipment, but I still remember much of my training and can get by with what limited equipment i have. Primarily, I just hate the idea of having to have someone else fix my equipment!

Comment

Hello everyone found this site while trying to troubleshoot my display, I have an odd issue and will be posting about it soon!

Comment

Hi all just an amateur really in the bigger scheme of the world of electronics but a really curious one at that!

love to pull things apart to try and understand how they work and always thinking i can improve something or make them last longer which is why ive probably found myself here after all the smoke has cleared from my current project lol. Really surprised at the amount of info on here, has got the mind already thinking of other things im keen to fix and improve

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi everyone, like many I'm here because my beloved plasma TV seems to have bought the farm. Ive been pulling my computers apart since I got my first Commodore 64 but Ive never had the nerve, or need, to take a flatscreen TV apart.

Comment

Working...
                                          X