This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey everyone! My name is Liquel and i am studying Electrical Engineering here in USA. I came across this website trying to figure out what's wrong with my Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5148. I still haven't figured it out, but i am hoping to find some answers at least. I hope i can enjoy my stay here. Take care.

Comment

Hi. My Westinghouse L2410NM 24" monitor (xmas deal from 6 yrs ago) is starting to go so I'm here to figure out what caps/parts I need to replace before it's totally dead.

Comment

Hi all. Just fixed my Acer Ferrari F20 (3 bad 180uF 35V caps on the inverter card, replacements 51 cents each from Digi-Key) thanks in part to info gleaned from this site, so thanks!!

Comment

Howdy all - I'm a mechanical engineer and have always been handy around cars and machinery (worked as an auto mechanic in high school) but never got down with more than the basics when it came to electronics... trying to change that.

Have fixed a couple of monitors by replacing bad caps in the past, but the kicker that brought me here is our just-out-of-warranty first HDTV.

Am intrigued by the thought of possibly picking up enough experience to find and repair a couple of broken TVs for the house.

Cheers!

Comment

Hey guys,

my name is Hendrik and I´m from Germany. I want to learn a lot of power supplys and I hope I´m on the right website

Comment

Hello to everyone . Thanks for the opportunity and keep up the good work .

Comment

I am glad I found this forum. Someone gave me a Westinghouse LCM-22w2 that worked when I turned it on. I then turned it off and it would not come back on. Bad Caps! Thanks for being here

Comment

Good Evening,

I have been searching for technical information about my 4.5 year old LG 60PS80. It has been working fine and after a storm the cable stopped working. I switched out a known good cable box but still nothing, no picture or sound. I tried power cycling and still nothing. If I run the Wei on it and both the audio and picture work fine. I'm coachable but I am not an electronics person but come here asking humbly for help.

Regards,

Greg

Comment

Hey everyone. I've used the info here to fix a few TVs without help, but now I need to actually ask a question. Thanks for the great resource and all the helpful members of this community!

Comment

Activating account to post question.

Thanks!

Comment

New member from Adelaide Australia, with a history of DIY repair based on working in radio panel repair for many years.

My favourite bench 'tool' is my Low ESR meter, worth it's weight in gold

Me and it have repaired a bunch of LCD TV's with it over the last ten years, so many I have to give away a set every time I rescue another dead one

mr.sneezy

Comment

New member from Harrisburg, PA in the USA. I've found this site many times using Google and see there is some valuable information here.

Comment

new member from Florida always heard of this site always wanted to be a member

Comment

Hello! found this forum
                              my name is jeff I am an technician and live in belgium ( Antwerp ) and like to play with elektonics and science and try to repair everything I get my hands on
                              I'm working on a power suply this Moment and search for info on this site
                              Looking forward to learning from this website.
                              until later Greetings

Comment

Hi all.... stumbled across this place looking for suggestions for some good ceramics, after buying a suspect looking lot from ebay.....

Comment

Hi!
                                  I am from Spain and I came here first time 2009 trying to fix some mobo. It was a success and so long I keep coming in search for help, but lurking until now. I want to ask for help about some hardware, I expect it to be useful to other people.

Comment

Hello,
                                    I've lurked here off and on for years and finally decided to join. I've been making my living repairing electronics for more than 30 years and have been repairing things since I was a kid. Thanks for letting me join.

Scott McAuley (cavisco)

Comment

Activating account to start a thread

Comment

Thanks for a very informative board. I have learned more here in 10 mins. than I have searching the web for 4 hrs.

Comment

Hello, I am a retired electrical engineer now repairing computers as a hobby. I help my friends out and also repair and donate failed computers given to me. I was happy to find this forum which I am sure will be a great help in solving problems that baffle me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X