This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Names Ponchbelly, I am a recent grad from SIAST in Regina and really like getting my hands dirty. I graduated in electronics and telecommunications. I enjoy hobby work, and troubleshooting electronics. Hopefully I can help, and be helped!

Comment

Hi,

I'm Craig. I repair electronic circuits as a hobby. I found the forum while looking for help on repairing an Alesis powered monitor. To access some (hopefully) useful JPEGs, I needed to register.

Seems like a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people on this board, so, go for it!

Comment

Hoping to find a fix to my TV. I've always enjoyed working on electronics, usually I can troubleshoot them myself with the help of the internet. I hope this place can help, I'd love to fix my issue and be able to help somebody else!

Comment

When I started working on TVs all had vacuum tubes and most were black and white. Came here for help on my Samsung TV with sound and no picture. Threads say problem is T-Con board, hopefully just fuse.

Comment

I am a new member, enjoy the scope of most of the electronic informatoion, and would like to help at times with my limited knowledge of the last 40 yrs.

Comment

Hi Pete, I'm Tony, a guitar/bass amp and guitar/bass tech, i run my own repair shop in Modesto Ca.
              Got a Vizio VO42L with a brief picture with graphics but has normal audio, changes channels the remote works, the left master back light inverter works briefly then goes out after after 1.5 seconds, the rest of the TV stays on, voltages are 5,12, 24 are all there and through their cables to the inverters on both has 3.3 volts also, remove the inverters, no swollen caps, no smell or burned parts on the inverters or anywhere else, was told the both inverter should be changed out with an upgrade, who should i talk too about this?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyimbesi View Post
                Hi Pete, I'm Tony, a guitar/bass amp and guitar/bass tech, i run my own repair shop in Modesto Ca.
                Got a Vizio VO42L with a brief picture with graphics but has normal audio, changes channels the remote works, the left master back light inverter works briefly then goes out after after 1.5 seconds, the rest of the TV stays on, voltages are 5,12, 24 are all there and through their cables to the inverters on both has 3.3 volts also, remove the inverters, no swollen caps, no smell or burned parts on the inverters or anywhere else, was told the both inverter should be changed out with an upgrade, who should i talk too about this?
                Please post your question in the Television sub-forum
                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                -David VanHorn

Comment

Hello, I´m Arnaldo from Argentina. I decided to join this site because my brother, living in Italy, asked me about this strange type of failure and a basic research on the web gave me here. I am very apart of electronic from many years but I still work as a teacher and on many projects in plastic industry related to car parts.
                  The site seems to collect a wide number of situations where "badcaps" make no goods results.
                  I will spend some time reading your notes and, if I feel to make a contribution, I will write too.
                  Thanks to all the people that try to help other people by this way!!

Comment

I'm new, I'm Having trouble with a Sceptre Model X32 - shuts off after 10 minute. Some searches led to this site. I'm not a pro at this stuff but 4 years ago I replaced all the caps in my Polaroid LCD TV and it been working like a charm ever since.

Comment

hi,
                      i am a new bee and trying my luck to see if I can fix my 46" LED Sharp TV.

Lots of info in this form - hope to do well.

Comment

Sharp 46LE700UN - no power and picture - Blink: power, power+opc...

Hi,

can you please create a new thread for my TV problem.

My TV is not powering up, no picture and no sound.
                        Blinking Code: Power, opc+power and it repeats.

What may be the problem?

I looked at the service manual and it says: Page 70
                        2) Power error details (Power LED flashes twice and OPC LED flashes)
                        DET_D3V3 (36pin) error (L). D3.3V is not applied.
                        If error is detected during operation, error standby is activated by
                        polling.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by sai999; 04-14-2014, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Trying my luck at my Plasma with a bootup issue...

Comment

Hi to everybody from Spain! We have recently buyed a Zhuomao 5840C and we are beginning to make work it...Thanks in advance for your knowledge and time...

Comment

Hi All-

Hobbyist electronics tech and found this site on a search. Looks like a great resource and hope to be able to contribute some in the long run. Have recapped many a device over the years as well as tons of other repairs.

Comment

Hi all,

Having had a couple of faulty LCD TV's and PC monitors to repair and so far all down to faulty capacitors, thought I would like to find a place where advice can be sought & possibly given. I'm no expert, but like to have a go. My latest project TV doesn't show signs of blown caps but more likely a backlight invertor issue. Anyways, found this forum during my research into this and joined.

So hi to all of you

Comment

Gday all,

Joined to get some help with repairing a samsung UN46B8000 after a lightning strike.

I am a Flight Instructor by trade, but enjoy building/assembling/fixing all manner of things. Kind of a jack of a few trades master of none at this point.

I am new to forums, so please excuse my lack of etiquette on this subject.

So Gday again, now I shall begin my search!

Comment

Hello everyone. I'll introduce myself now. I currently reside in southern Indiana. Been in electro-mechanical maintenance now for over 20 years. I get into anything that is broken to see if I can fix it or just use it for parts. I went to electronics school back in 91, but not so much component level repair. I have found troubleshooting anything a challenge and try to maintain knowledge anywhere I can. I fell out of board level repair, since I've been doing the maintenance thing for so long. After all, we would just replace a faulty board anyway, because it was too costly to repair. The electronics repair I do for myself just to stay in touch.
                                    I found this site searching online for LCD Television repair topics and feel it will be a great asset for me. I not much for chatting, so if I seem to take forever to respond to your posts please forgive me. I get side tracked sometimes.
                                    On the computer side of things, I built my last system about five years ago and it's still going strong. Its an ABIT socket 939 with 4 gigs of RAM. I leave the sides off, because I test other peripheral components out from time to time and get tired of removing the sides.
                                    Anyway, nice to be here and thanks for having me...time to do some searching...

Comment

afternoon all...

great site... actually found the site while hunting for information on the sony CECH-ZED1U lcd's...

ive been repairing, building and designing electronic and computer stuff since the way back days mostly as a hobbiest with a huge appetite and interest in reverse engineering computer and electronic systems...

until recently I spent many years working as a licenced tradesman...

am looking forward to spending time reading over posts here and must say thanx to all involved in creating such a site and hopefully i'll be able to help contribute in the future...

Comment

Hi there,
                                        My names Davy from Scotland found this site whilst browsing online looking for some info on a Panasonic 42" plasma model No TH-42PZ82BA. Found it dumped outside a block of flats today hoping to find out a little about it and see if it's a simple/cheap fix as powers up and get a picture

Comment

Hello everyone, names Richard Schark. I a new to this area but love to learn. I am married with 3 girls.

Comment

Working...
                                          X