This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I have an LG42LH30 TV that is having issues. All of my HDMI inputs don't work, I have a 4" Line on the left of the screen, and sometimes only the right half of the screen works. Where should I post this issue to get the most help? Thanks again, Aaron

Comment

First time poster, I have a Hanns-G hg281d with apparent capacitor issues that I picked up cheap at a garage sale. It used to work pretty well once it warmed up a bit, but the HDMI finally seemed to quit today. VGA still works. I'll be posting in the relevant forum if I run into any issues.

Comment

hello, everyone. im logged in this forum, cause my samsung LE40A6561F has failed... so im looking here for technical advice.... and hope to learn more and more in electronics. SO have a nice day

Comment

Hello all,

Lately I've been interested in doing component-level repair of old devices, primarily old game systems and CRTs but also some old computers. Instead of paying other people a lot of money to recap old devices, and end up with no technical knowledge, equipment, or ultimate satisfaction that it was done the right way, I've decided to start buying equipment and the parts I want.

One area of specific interest to me is the replacement of wet electrolyte aluminum cans with solid polymer replacements, where possible, due to the greatly improved life and probably improved long-term storage capabilities as well.

I've already bought a Hakko 808 and used it to desolder one leaky Xbox aerogel capacitor (with complete success, easy as pie).

I've known about Badcaps for a long time, and my interest was recently rekindled when reading about the original Xbox's aerogel supercapacitor. In fact, I wanted to poke my head into this topic to make a comment.

Comment

Hi:
            Trying to learn about electronics by doing!
            I came here by googling the fact that my T240 monitor flashed and then went out. I could see there was something on the screen behind the black! Everything here pointed to caps being bad. Opened it up and the inverter had a melted spot and the board is brown below the inverter, the 312 chip and the large resistor next to the inverter. Can't tell it's value as it is discolored and has a bad solder joint. Ordered a new inverter as I was unable to get any readings on the secondaries. I will keep reading and if anyone has any incite into what caused it, let me know. Thanks for letting me join. Don

Comment

Hello everyone! First of all I would like to thank you to the admin for letting me join and for the welcome message. I join here because I want to have some knowledge and tips for repairing lcd tv. I have here a samsung LA22A450C1. When I turn on the power, the power led blinks 5 times before it turn on. There's no pictures on the screen and no osd too only white light but the sound is working. I hope somebody will share their knowledge for me and thank you.

Comment

Hello to all!
                my name is James and im very happy to see there is a forum to hopefully repair lcd tvs
                I am a ham radio operator (KF5RBW) and have worked on some radios in the past, and feel I may have what it takes to repair or give suggestions on repairing tvs
                Thank you all for letting me join this forum and hope to gain knowledge from this site.

Comment

Hi im Milan.
                  Im looking for a disassembling guide of my 7 year old and trusty Samsung SyncMaster 275T. I hope i can find the information im looking for on this forum. Thanks :-)

Comment

Hello everyone. I recently decided to take a stab at repairing an old Sony Turntable that ended up needed a new pair of RCA cables and a clean and lube on some of the moving parts. I have another identical turntable that will require soldering the very tiny tonearm wires in order to take apart and work on, so I bought myself my 1st good soldering iron that has a temperature dial, and much higher quality iron than the cheap radio shack ones I've always owned.
                    I've been looking for things to hone my soldering skills before I even think about trying those tiny wires, for example a cheap set of headphones I broke tripping on the cord and the wire going to the drum pedal for my girlfriends guitar hero set, both of which had been sitting around for a couple of years. Then I remembered a projector someone gave me awhile back to see if I could fix, that I forgot all about, that has some bad caps in it.
                    A quick search brought up this site, so considering how many searches about caps pointed to this site, I figured it'd be wise to sign up.

Comment

No idea how I ended up here, but here I am! Ham radio geek and collector of antique computers and other semi-useless things.

Comment

Hey!

Had my 1rst PC in 1993 with a DX-33 and then my first Pentium in 1996

Love to troubleshoot

Cheers,

Jose

Comment

Hello, have used this site to make several repairs, now need to post an issue to get some help. haven't been able to find the exact issue i am having...

Comment

Hi, I found this site while researching an issue with my Phillips Flatscreen LCD TV. I hope to fix it and have seen some threads that may likely point me in the right direction. So... here goes something!
                            -Woody

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Was researching LCD TV troubleshooting for my Samsung and happened upon this site. I thought I'd join this forum because I have had a great experience with a car repair forum that I joined about a year ago and which proved to contain a wealth of knowledge and very experienced helpful members. This Badcaps forum seems similar in that way - experts willing to share their knowledge. I have not done a lot of TV repair myself but my Dad used to fix all the neighbors' TV's when I was growing up in the 60's / 70's. He used to take me with him to the electronics [parts] store [back when they still had them!] to buy replacement 'tubes' and other stuff. He also taught me how to solder.

Jim

Comment

Hi, I'm Eric, and of the generation that allowed my first introduction to electronics at age 12 to be the just introduced Fairchilds gaming system, and a little later the VIC20. I attended the South-West School of Electronics in Austin Tx. in the mid 80's. I took a job at Thunderware, a northern California company founded and run by a retired electronics engineer from Lawrence Livermore lab. He had designed an optical reading device that could be used with the one dot matrix printer made by Apple at the time. The reader was plugged in place of the print head and turned the printer into a scanner. (This is from memory, and there may have been more than 1 apple printer, and the reader only worked with 1, and maybe dot matrix is not correct, but the basics are right.)

This was the only thing like it at the time, and we shipped 100's a week. I took the job because I was told I would be working as an entry level tech assembling at component level after a short probationary period in which I would work assembling the packaging, labeling the software, and other non tech related tasks. Six months later it was obvious there would be no need for more than the two techs already employed, and that I was as good as I wanted to be at slapping stickers on floppies and building boxes. I found work in the automotive trade and quickly lost the bulk of my schooling.

So, that is about all that relates to this forum I think. Basically I know how to use a meter, can still solder pretty well, and know how a bridge rectifier works, but am not sure i could still diagram one.

As is the case with probably most who come here, I'm seeking knowledge, and most likely will not post beyond that. I would like to think that is not the case but honestly i don't know. That does not mean that I am not appreciative of any and all here. It is a wonderful world we live in that allows the wise to help/instruct those looking for answers. I have only ever been part of one other forum to which I have made about 29?? post. I will try to avoid some of the newb mistakes, but will prolly fail once or twice.

I can be too wordy and will do my best to control that. That said let me close with saying, I very much like the system of requiring new forum members to post an introduction. I also like the emphasis on a friendly, cooperative forum community. I do not know how long I will be here, but I will try to be a good addition to this community while I am here.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi All,

First time poster here.

LCD repair ias been my hobby for a while now, but these damn plasma's are so different!

Looking for help ...

Comment

Hello all,

Stumbled across this forum after looking for some help with my HP monitor that seems to go blank every few minutes! Will put a thread in the correct section, hopefully some of you guys can help.

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

Hello All! joined up, as like many others for knowledge and advice.
                                      Been fixing electronics for a while but now stuck! :-)

Comment

Good Morning,
                                        I am new here and really appreciate all this knowledge in one place. I found the site by accident but will use it on purpose. I hope I will be able to contribute to the forum real soon. Please be patient as I am a newbie
                                        Thanks,
                                        vickie

Comment

Hello I am newton
                                          am a new member
                                          melbourne Australia

Comment

Working...
                                          X