This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

HI all name here is John. Found this sight looking for info for a coworkers dead Panasonic. My late father was a TV repair man back in the old tube days and I caught the bug when I was 14 and replaced the HO transistor in our Quasar works in a drawer. I'm 50 now and electronics are still a hobby.

Comment

Hello My name is Derek I have been an electronic Tech since 1975 I mostly work on the new TV's but have a hard time saying no to repairing the old stuff. I found this site looking for answers to Panasonic Plasma's. So far it's been great.

Comment

Hi I like to have equipment that I can fully service myself when I have to. That way I know exactly where to find the technician when I need him and I know who to chase if its not fixed properly. I prefer some of the older things because they were better made and often you could get information on them. Reliability is a infinitely more important to me than cosmetics. I dont like seeing things thrown away for the love of a circuit diagram and some effort.

Comment

Hi I like to service all my own equipment. That way I know exactly where to find the technician when I need him and also I know exactly who's neck to put my hands around when the job is not done properly. Something is not obsolete because its old ..it becomes obsolete when it fails to do its job reliably. Reliability is infinitely more important to me than cosmetics -- who cares if the hammer is ugly provided it can hit that nail good. I am a total fan of open source.

Comment

good forum and regards to all

Comment

i have spent too much time in front of the screen looking for a site sharing too much infos about electronics and specially laptops
              now that i've got in bacaps feel so lucky
              10x guys 4 the shares

Comment

Hey everyone
                Just a hobbyist who likes fixing things here.

Comment

Hello All!

I found this forum while searching for information on replacing, what else, bad caps!

It seems there is a lot of highly skilled people here and this forum is a valuable source of information for board level repair.

Anyhow, nice to meet everyone!

Comment

Hello all. Tech enthusiast and amateur take-aparter.

Comment

new member here....found this place while looking up a problem with an older plasma tv.....iv done lots of reading and find this place very informative

Comment

I found this place when I was searching for fixes to lcd's.Now hope to learn about repairing tv's and electronics.

Comment

Hi... Dimwit here ... I'm a layman and i desperately want to fix my lcd... hoping for some help ...

Comment

Hello I'm quetiporta I'm old school old man and I like tinkering with electronics so this looked like a good place to go thank you quetiporta

Comment

Hello all!
                              I'm a computer system administrator who is tired of failing monitors and other various equipment. I've decided to learn what I can about circuits in the hopes of being able to repair much of the equipment I use. And to help my buddies out.

Currently working on a Proscan 47" LCD TV. Power Board RSAG7.820.1357. Seems like there's already a thread here and I've already learned so much!

Comment

Well here we go, I have a Panasonic plasma tv, half the screen is black the left hand is on but distorted audio is fine. I took the back off and dusted off all plug ins are good cheched the ribbon plugs also PLEASE HELP

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I just want to thank and greet

Comment

Hey guys, I've come across this place several times while trying to fix things and I'm finally joining up in an attempt to fix a network switch and an LCD TV.

Comment

Hi found this site after doing research to fix a TV and some monitors pulled from local "recycling" dump.

Just learned one monitor i have that a CCFL might be bad and not the psu in the monitor, Thanks Hope to come back for help when/if I hit a roadblock.

Comment

Hey, everyone! I have used this great site numerous times to help fix various things, and really like having such a valuable resource at my fingertips. Here's a little bit about myself: born and raised in Iowa, work as a software engineer at a small and awesome custom software company also in Iowa, and spend my free time tinkering and video gaming.

Comment

got broke TV

Comment

Working...
                                          X