X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello!

I'm here to start learning how to fix my lcd tv. Thanks for any help !

Comment

As many others I am trying to fix my LCD TV. I hope someone can offer some advice.

Comment

Ok... Very new to this forum thing. Not even sure if I'm following the proper directions of becoming a new member. If so, here is my introduction:
        My name is Jack Spitler. I am from a town named Clayton in south west Ohio, USA. I am graphic design instructor at a vocational high school and I am a complete novice when it comes to electrical components. No problem wiring a house but the small stuff is a new venture. I am betting that if I need to replace a part in my TV I'll be able to handle it... I will , however need some guidance on what needs replaced (:

Comment

Hello ,
          My Name is Ken ,
          I work in a Factory and Dabble in Building computers .
          I have repaired several flat panel monitors and a few other electronics.
          My Dad used to be a TV repairman in the 60's and 70's .. ( back when they went to your house ) .. that is where I picked up my little bit of understanding electronics .
          I live in Northern Indiana , and am 53 years old .

K_K3N

Comment

Hello All!!

Carl here from Omaha- famous for Warren Buffett, the College World Series and absolutely NOTHING else, LOL

Started tinkering with electronics at a very young age. Built a few heathkits in the 60's and 70's. Amateur radio general class - KB0TUV
            My b&K o scope is loosing it's "magic smoke", so I ended up here, hoping for a bit of help. Great site - lot's of GREAT stuff to read.
            Thanks for reading
            All the best

Comment

Hi Im theoneandonly77 I try to watch and learn thats been my best results especially when you dont no what your talking about My knowledge is automobiles i have worked on all types of vehicles this i know i have been able to repair almost anything i put my mind to with a whole lot of mistakes trial and error but i draw the line when it comes to high ac voltage My greatest pleasure is speaking about my savior this i recived freely and that is one that i can say no strings attached you cant earn it you cant buy it and you cant work for it it is 100% free thats really all there is about me thank you and i hope i have posted this properly

Comment

So this is where my new family is at?! Finaly i have found reason! i knew i was adopted!!

So Hello! my name is Tim im 25 and following the first few post's i have fondled with a few computers in my short life time , commodore 64 - comodore 128 pentium 1-2-3-& 4 ..amd and cyrix chips!! god they were bad. and now sitting on my 8core amd 4 ghz thingy which i like veery much,

for all who keyboard warrior the people who badly grammar my grammar is terrible and i dont care .

im a lovely guy who likes to get allong with everyone and REALY tinker with electronics, i like fixing my own things & making some decent pocket money on recycled set's.

i hope i can make some new friends here and i hope i can be of help to others too .

Comment

Hello there,
                  complete diy'er here constantly looking for info on something!
                  Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hello there! My name is Ed and I'm a beginner electronics enthusiast!

Comment

Brand new noob here hoping to learn what is wrong with my television and to learn some hints and tips.

<---- 34 from Scotland

Comment

Hi, I´m Israel Ramirez from Mexico City.
                        Good luck for all uf us!!!
                        Anything you need from me, please feel free to ask.
                        I have 25 years of experience.

Comment

Hello all.

My name is Shawn and I'm in the Atlanta GA area. I've been fooling around with electronics since the 90's but I took a long break. I'm currently a computer technician and I fix phones as well. I just got into fixing televisions and I'm really rusty but I still know how to solder. I went to Devry back in 1990 but I've forgotten a lot of that stuff. I really want to improve my component level repair skills and I came across this site and thought it would be a great community to get back into electronics.

My current interest is repairing a TV I recently got, but I'm a DIY person and I'll try to fix anything!

Comment

Hi, my name is al marquardt. I have been doing electronic testing since I graduated from electronic school in 1990. I am from Girardville PA. I belong o the tech assist site for 10 plus years. I now am 60 years old and just had my first grandchild. A boy. I am expecting another in July from my other son and his wife,

Comment

Hello all. I've read many introductions and am duly impressed with the broad range of fellow geeks, erm, professionals.
                              I have always dabbled in electronics but didn't pursue a career. Looking back I can clearly see I made a big boo-boo not doing so.
                              My first experience with electronics was at 12 years old. An older brother was in trade school for electronics and taught me how to reverse polarity diodes with 120v and make them go BANG.

I then got a job at 14 doing odd jobs for a company the same older brother worked at. They were developing one of the first midi sound systems, now known as midi keyboards. The thing was massive. Everything was mounted to long pieces of plywood. These days the offspring of that monster are considered toys and will fit in a pocket.

I've always had my fingers into electronics at the DIY level thanks to the early influence of my older brother and always had a TV set but never bought one until I was in my late 20's. I just went dumpster diving and fixed them...without killing myself obviously. Oh the stupidity of youth.

These days back problems have forced me to leave my career as a marine and industrial mechanic so I'm puttering my time away by really REALLY getting into buying online auction receivers and other electronic whatnot. I'm finding that at my age it's much easier to apply the logical thinking that somehow eluded me when I was young(er).

Thanks for having me and I'll do my best to be a respectful contributor and a good citizen.

Comment

Hello there Guys and Gals (just in case) dont want to leave the ladies out...
                                My Name Is Charlie and I hail from Liverpool in good old blighty was tipped off to the forum ......looks like a whole nest of tech heads all together...
                                I am a multi skilled maintenance tech with a big slice of mechanical knowledge I get to play with the electrical/electronic side of things more and more....just need to figure out how to turn myself into a "nanobot" and ill be off on me own voyage of discovery....

Comment

Hello! My name is Nelson. I'm from Protugal and I'm a beginner electronics enthusiast!

Comment

Hi, I'm Amitabh, from India, and despite what you might think, I was not born with a capacitor for a pacifier and an electrical engineering book for bedtime stories. Here to see if I can get some tips to help out my TV guy [we outsource here as well] with my troublesome plasma. Despite parts upgrades, the machine is persistently unwell but it breaks my heart and my environmental soul to have to replace it...

Comment

hi all just found site im from bournemouth uk studied electronics some years ago now always tryin to fix stuff sometimes goes better than other times
                                      but keep learning all the time & is good when works again

Comment

hi all to all the forum members from me. a big plasure to be part of this great comunity.

Comment

Just stumbled on this site. I acquired a LG 50" plasma and wanting to fix it if the price is right.. just need some guidance.

Comment

Working...
                                          X