This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I'm Aaron from Alton, IL. I've got a Panasonic 50" GT25 tv that just died on me today, that I'm hoping to get some help here with. I don't want to spend $500 getting it repaired so I'm hoping to do it myself. Otherwise I may as well just buy a new tv.

Comment

Hi ALl,

Im sean-tek from Gloucester UK I have a 42lg3000 that I could do with a second opinion on

Comment

Hi all, dman8372 from Sydney, Australia. Pretty impressed with this site (>10yrs, good work guys) - long time electronics tinkler, way before I became a mechanical engineer but still always interested in doing my own repairs. Computers, electrical, cars and lately the house .

Came across your forum trying to repair my LG 50" plasma - I'll keep searching and see if I can find my answers before I post!

Comment

Hello everybody! I'm Josh from Troy, IL and I'm looking for help on repairing the vertical lines on my Samsung PN50A550 50-Inch plasma TV. I have pictures available. They are both on the right side of the screen. Against a black screen, one appears green and one appears yellow. I'm hoping this is something I can repair with minimal cost (under $100). Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Hi, I'm Murray. Joined because I'm working on a Toshiba 42LX196 TV that my dad dropped off over thanksgiving time and found a post by Budm that appears to do a good job of addressing the issue and pointing a person in the right direction for troubleshooting and resolving it..

My dad had tried repairing the main power board (replacing IC strw6765), then just tried swapping it out with with one from an online shop, but still no go. We managed to get the TV working over Thanksgiving, but it quit a week later. Suspecting both main power boards have a few more items that need help, but not wanting to put a lot of money in them. Wondering if any have tried the $30 rebuild kits? Kits appear to include the STRW6765 IC, along with some diodes and resistors, but also indicate that they may not resolve all the issues, which leaves me wondering what the other common failure parts are besides the mentioned IC.

I've been around computers since the Apple II's (II+, IIc, IIgs, IIe) later playing with the Mac 128K (1986) onward. Enjoy hardware more than programming, although I have an IS degree, not an electronics one (hence why I struggle when I do mess with component level hardware work...)

Comment

Hello everyone! I am very happy to be a part of this site. I am a novice in electronics and hope to gain more knowledge about electronics and how to repair them. I hate to see a TV or a computer thrown out without exhausting all possible resolutions.

Comment

I'm no master, but perhaps LCD / Plasma veterinarian of 5 years. I like bringing display technologies back to life. I would like to discuss materials, firmware, technical manuals, and layouts. My soldering technique has improved 10 fold.

Right now I need to replace a D board in something that resembles a Panasonic, it's a 2005 Maxent mx-42x3. I have searched for tnpa3654ac installation, but have yet to find a post specific to the details. I think instead of starting a new thread, I'll join this one:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=tnpa3654ac
                3 repairs under my belt, 3 repairs in progress

Comment

I'm a newbie as well I have a 50" Samsung plasma that has issues and they are quoting $300 just to look at it. I have never fixed a TV but am a mechanic and I can solder. I learned from copper plumbing and trailer wiring. I have read many of the threads and can't find my model here, or a problem that seems close to mine but I am sure its easier than I am imagining.

Comment

Hello everybody,

i'm an italian computer technician with very small experience in monitor repair and in electronic in general.
                    I'm trying to fix my monitor that's dead so, searching around the 'net, i found this site and so i'm here.

Mauro

Comment

Hello everyone! I am a software developer with no experience in TV repair. I own two plasma TV, Panasonic TX-PF42S20 and Panasonic TX-P42G20ES, both dead. I already found some tutorials on this forum that I will follow soon to diagnose my TVs.

Sorin.

Comment

Hi to all,
                        Am a newbie here, nice site, im an electronics tech. of old crt tv's and want to learn more from here, mostly on lcd's and led tv's...

Comment

Hello, Just looking for information on a Magnavox 47MF437B. Not a TV Tech. Just a regular guy trying to determine if the issue with the TV is worth spending any money.

Comment

Hey. New guy here. I am a Commercial HVAC and Refrigeration Tech of 20 years. Tinkerer of computers and electronics for 30 something.

Comment

Another new guy here. I have a dishwasher that's been acting up lately -- it wouldn't complete cycles and eventually the control pad wouldn't work (no lights would turn on and nothing would happen). I looked at the control board P/N: W10084142 and found 2 capacitors that were bulging and their bunts were coming out. These capacitors were 1000uf 6.3v -- I replaced them both with 1000uf 35v capacitors. I then reconnected dishwasher and was able to run the drain cycle. After running the drain cycle the dishwasher's control panel was once again dead -- no lights and unresponsive. I then took the control panel out again and begin some testing using my multi-meter. I tested the thermal fuse -- it's good. I looked for transistors with heatsinks and found 1. I took the transistor out of circuit and tested it. The transistor shows voltages coming in both ways and that's a no no so it's bad. The problem I am now having is determining where I can find a replacement transistor. I'm not sure who the manufacturer of this is and typing in the various numbers on the transistor are getting me no where. Maybe you guys can help me. There is a small logo in the left hand corner that looks like the AT&T logo (a circle with 2 lines going partially through it) then there are 3 lines of numbers. Immediately to the right of the logo it says: FT06. The 2nd line says: 18MH. The 3rd line says: 0110. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Santa gave me broken Samsung Plasma, now I need to fix it with your help.

Comment

Hi all....

Comment

Hi good people out there.

I'm in the middle of process of replacing the NEC ToKim on my Toshiba A300.
                                      I'll post later the results in the appropriate thread.

Wish me luck.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and need help diagnosing a bad board in a Panasonic TC-P50GT25 plasma TV. Am fairly proficient at troubleshooting. Can't find any obviously bad capacitors. Don't want to replace the P (power supply) board only to find out another board is shorting out the power supply. Can't find a source to know what voltages to look for on the P board. Will search threads for help. Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X