This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I come from Italy. I like to repair everything contains electronic parts, but I am not so skilled to do this on myself.
    I found this forum looking for Macbook Air lcd problem, and I am very glad to read very very interesting and well documented posts.
    I hope I can give you my small contribute

gino

Comment

Hi everybody...
      I'm a beginner here
      please help everyone

Comment

Hello everyone!

I'm a retired Army communications sergeant, and electronics hobbyist, who is also just about done with 2 degrees in electronics and electro mechanical systems.

I ended up here because I'm looking for schematics for a Geforce GTX-690 and will be posting that in the ongoing thread for that type of thing shortly.

Nice to meet everyone.

Comment

Hi all, My name, obviously is Danny, I am in the process of selfeducating in electronics and that is sometimes a bit of a hurdle as I wasn't very good back in the day in mathematics. But hey, we'll never learn if one doesn't make the effort.

But now, I like to take on vintage audio and see if it can get back in working order. From cleaning down the outside and insides to making it into one happy piece of equipment.

Got me handed some stuff and the first the first thing already came up. Well what better forum when dealing with caps then this one forum I considered

Comment

My name is Rendrix I've been working for 10 years with notebook and video game repairs and repairs, I registered on this forum to gain more knowledge and pass on a little of what I know!

Comment

Hi,
              I have a GPU with a burnt out component, and I can't identify it, so I joined up : )
              Now I just have to find the correct place to post my question

Comment

Hello all! My name is Phillip and I am from Austria, Salzburg to be exact. I am 22 years old, study radiology technology and will be finished with my studies in the summer of 2022. I enjoy tinkering with things and fixing them. I have started to buy broken macbooks and try to repair them (maybe I was a little influenced by Louis Rossmann) Unfortunately, I am a complete beginner in the field and often need help from people who have been dealing with it for a long time. I have equipped myself with a beginner soldering station, multimeter and microscope and have already successfully replaced my first 0201 resistor. Unfortunately, this has not led to the repair of the macbook and that is among other things the reason why I want to join this forum!

Comment

Hi there, after many years fixing computers on a software level, and replacing components, I'd like to take it one step further and salvage broken logic boards. I've been tinkering with a laptops motherboard, and signed up for further guidance.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                    I'm a guy that lives in Sweden. 35+ years. Like to watch youtube vids, where they troubleshoot and fix electronics. started with phones, tvs, sound equipment. Don't know what to aim for yet. i found that everything with circuitboards is fun for the moment.
                    Right now I want to learn a little bit more about reading schematics.

Wish you all the best!

Comment

Hello everyone I'm Alter from Philippines, printing t shirt had been affected by the pandemic so I'm trying to learn how to repair laptops and computer to earn. God bless everyone and thank you.

Comment

Hi Folks, I have a lifelong interest in fixing just about anything (mechanical or electrical), I have had 3 totally different careers, Mechanical engineering (machine tools) then coin ops repair for fourteen years (fruit machines, Juke box's, pinball etc) and latterly the oil industry (25yrs both offshore and onshore) and I still do part time work as a facilitator/training instructor a few days a month in that area. I am very much interested in all sorts of electronic tech and am keen on getting back into doing the odd repair on the more modern equipment if I can.

Comment

Hello! I`m trying to fix my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52. It has strange problems with keyboard (it`s ok, tested on other lapltop), and cleared DMI in bios and EC. If i can fix it, i post manual.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Bong i'm from Philippines. Trying to fix my laptop.

Comment

Hello my names is David I from Poland and repair/service pc/mobilephone etc.

Comment

My name is David. I work at a repair shop in New York state and I generally prefer not to do PCB repairs, but the reality is that it saves so much money. I'm just here to learn more and hopefully make some money on the side

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                  My name is Adam and i took up electronics repair as a hobby; as something i wanted to learn. I already managed to fix a few graphics cards and I would like to learn more, so I'm glad i found this "old school" forum as the facebook groups seem not reliable for this purpose

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                    I'm from Poland and I'm trying to fix my laptop.
                                    Thank you all for this great forum

Comment

Hello All
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-26-2022, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Hello All:

My name is Kevin. I stumbled across the forum quite my accident when looking for a solution to a problem is was having.

Quick background: Before my semi-retirement I was a C-Suite corporate hack aka “suit”. At one point I held a FFC 1st Class License. So in theory I knew a lot the topics that are discussed here. Unfortunately that was a long time ago….and I can. I longer locate the location of that knowledge in my brain.

So I am somewhat qualified newbie as it were.

Comment

Hola! Veo que todos son muy sociales. Estoy iniciando en este mundo de reparaciones he ganado experiencia pero siempre busco aprender mas, este foto me parece super completo ;estoy por terminar la carera de ingenierĂ­a en sistemas. Un gusto a todos

Comment

Working...
                                          X