• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

New guy post.
    Found this place via goggle search.
    I have a Hannes-G HG281D 28" I'm looking to fix (I have other LCD's put up that I will probably get to eventually, pending the success of fixing this 28")
    There is quite the lengthy thread on just this particular monitor here, I will be posting shortly.

I used to do solder touch up on Mackie Mixer boards back in the mid nineties in Woodinville WA. While I'm far from an expert, I guess it just translates to I'm not afraid to get my feet wet. Worse case, I have useless monitor, that is already useless.

Anyways, thanks for having me here

Aaron

Comment

Hello,

Until now I only touched fairly simple electronics,
      but now I'm searching to find the boot-problem on my motherboard,
      a MSI 7519 P45Neo, I'm almost sure that the OST 680uF 4V are the cause.

Thanks for all the usefull information

Comment

Helly all
        I'm from Portugal and I repair computers.
        I hope to learn something here and to teach as well.

Comment

My name is pattons. I live in Ohio. I have been in the electronic repair industry for over 40 yrs. I always love a challenge when it comes to a repair. My electronics education started from my dad back in the 50s/60s as he tinkered with TVs. I took correspondence courses from Cleveland Institute of Electronics while in 10th grade in H.S. After graduation, I went into the U.S. Air Force in electronics. After the service I have worked at various electronic companies. I think it is good to share information with others to make life easier.

Comment

Hi, I'm bigdave125 and I lived in California for 30 years or so, but now live in southern Japan. I work in a Depot level calibration laboratory here in Iwakuni. 35+ years of experience calibrating and repairing electronics and 13 years of experience calibrating and repairing physical/dimensional test equipment.

Comment

Hi, I am glad I found this site, I have an associate degree in electronics, and have 10 years of experience in TV repair. I also been working on computers for about 20 years.

Comment

Well, hello my name is Denwoo and I am very new (enough to be dangerous to myself) and joined because while searching for information it seems the threads here are far more informative. Far as my experience, 4 years military electrician 6 years civilian and lifelong tinkerer. I have been working on broken electronics as a hobby and service for friends and family as long as I can remember but never for profit. Thanks for having me and also in advance for any help I recieve.

Comment

G'day everyone,
                  Thought I'd keep the intro authentic hence the g'day.
                  I'm Smithy and I'm from Australia. Found this forum via google search whilst searching for known faults with my Philips LCD TV.
                  Been a long time tinkerer, with limited knowledge of electronic circuits and how they work. But can say I'm quite confident and experience with a soldering iron etc, so I'm willing to have a go and save a few dollars.
                  Looking forward to feeding off the wealth of knowledge that exists in here.
                  Cheers!!

Comment

Hi All, Henri here, just looking for possible solution for my samsung plasma PS42Q91HD, come across this forum.

I hope that someone here has either similar experience or technician who is able to fix this **** plasma tv. btw from Melbourne, Aussie.

Comment

whhalladay

William Halladay: state ND city Minot. live in Osage Iowa in the winter to run a
                      golf shop with simulators to play golf when the snow flies. Do computor repair in spare time.

Comment

My real name is Paul, been "into" electronics most of my life.

Started out as a TV/VCR service engineer back in the late 80's and qualified in the early 90's... then the bottom fell out of the market (nobody wanted to pay £150-200 for a loptx replacement or switched-mode PSU rebuild when they could replace the whole TV for not much more - no amount of telling them that the new TV wouldn't last anywhere near as long would persuade people).

Currently working in the security systems and fire detection industry as a service engineer but I keep my hand in with the component level stuff when I can

Comment

My name is Steve. I am in the process of going crazy. I decided that before I deteriorate to badly, I better replace all the bad caps on three of my four computers motherboards before I forget my name or get lost going down into my basement.

If you see a guy parked on the side of the road somewhere, just staring at a highway sign, its probably me trying to remember where North is and what the big black arrow underneath pointing that way, is trying to tell me?

FTD is not about getting flowers on your birthday from some stranger driving a truck.

mrc109

Comment

Hi. tenbob here. I just joined and making my first post. I want to look at the pics for a thread about Benq FP767 monitor I was reading earlier.

Thanks for the useful tech information.

Comment

Hello badcaps! My name is Doug, former engineer that jumped the fence to Sales quite a while ago. I Googled a problem I was having with a Samsung SyncMaster 225BW and found a thread on this site. $10 at DigiKey and an hour of dis-assembly, de-soldering and quite rusty, but sufficient soldering of new recommended components and reassembly, my monitor is like new!

Thank you. This is one of the most useful forums I've ever come across.

Comment

hello, im bill and ive been a tv repair tech for over 20 yrs...i live in ny but also have lived and worked in las vegas,chicago ... i check here sometimes when i run across a issue that makes me go HMMMMM..i am a service center for many manufacturers so if i can help i will...my exspertise is tv... i dont profess to know everything , once in a while i go HMMMM but after over 20 yrs in the feild i concider myself competant..

Comment

Hello, My name is Frank and I have been in the TV repair busness since 1962 and closed my storefront first of year and now am doing some repair work from my home. I found this site searching for LG tv repair tips and am impresed with it. Hopefully I can contribute to this site as well as gleen info from it as well. Glad to be a member.

Comment

Hell, I am Norman. I am a non tech-type. I am however, thrifty. a neighbor tossed a Curtis 40" LCD 4065 to the curb. I saved it. The pic is out. I found a bare wire touching the metal motherboard frame (leaving char marks). after taping the wire (which lead to 7 of 14 blue disks that inturn lead to the picture I found no contenuity between the leads the # 1 and 7 disks. I haven't found what the values of these disks are as they are blank. Radio shack has some but also cant figure out there Values. Any help will be greatly accepted.

Comment

Greetings all,I am 41,live Southern California,and don't like to throw away anything that has some life left in it hence the reason I am here.There seems to be a wealth of good info on this sight and I appreciate the knowledge shared by all.Cheers.
                                      Last edited by wpr; 03-20-2013, 05:52 PM. Reason: Blank submission

Comment

Hi all! My name is Andrey. I`m from Russian Federation. I`m electronic engineer in the field of the laptop and HDD repair and also I`m owner of service center.

Comment

Hello all. I'm also new to this forum. I'm UK but living in CH. I came to this forum by google looking for help/issues with a Zalman ZM600-HP.

I can see there is a lot of info on this forum, and a lot of helpful members. So, I'm glad to join and hope I can give back some knowledge as well as learn something.

See you in the threads!
                                          Last edited by lemonadesoda; 03-22-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X