This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My name is Shannon. I live in Oklahoma and basically have very little electronics background. I'm just a guy who will take anything apart that isn't working and attempt to fix it. Most of my electronics type background is simply fixing broken iPhones. I currently have a tv I'll be attempting to repair and looking forward to doing some searching on the site to help me in isolating where the problem is and what component to replace. Thanks for providing such a great site and I appreciate any help I'll receive as I post in the appropriate threads.

Comment

Hi I'm new but this forum turned up immediately with a Google Search for my ViewSonic 23" monitor problem where it only turns on for 1 second before the screen powers off. (However using a flashlight I can see the display is actually operating).

I've opened the monitor and I found several bulging CapXcon capacitors sure enough!!!

Comment

Hai guys;
        I am NIkhil K Yohannan from india.I hope all of your support..

Comment

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jason and I am from the small island country Singapore. Electronics is my hobby, I like to fiddle with electronics, often taking things apart to see how they work. I work in the data communications industry. And my job allows me to have a chance to look at how equipments are designed and put together which otherwise I wouldn't be able to due to how costly they are in Singapore. I am here to learn from everyone here and hopefully be able to contribute in some ways.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi
            My name is Doug and I am from London UK
            Been working with computers since the mid-80's and now work part-time fixing both hardware and software problems.

Comment

hello, I am vivek....I am a laptop & desktop motherboard repairing technician but have just 2-3 years of experience....I have joined this forum to learn more from other members & to share my experiences.....Thank You...

Comment

Hey, My name is Joe- I'm from 'Murika (Not By Choice)

I have been repairing pretty much anything Electronic for over 10 years now-

I live in a 5th Wheel Trailer, but I still Rock a 57" Screen for my PC- I'm pretty cheap, so any time i get hold of an unwanted item that is broken, I make sure it gets fixed! (Xbox360, LG G-Flex, ASUS X53e etc...)

Chances are, if you caught me at my computer late at night, I would be on a Wiki Page reading about something useless (but interesting)

Comment

Yo All, My name is Roy from The Netherlands! Hi to All!

Comment

Greetings from Croatia. Been reading this forum for a while now, and need some help with failed electronics, so i' ll try to open a new thread so you can help me.
                    Regards,
                    Nikola

Comment

Hello! Great resource. So helpful

Comment

Hello everyone, i use this site frequently while working on my tvs and computers and thought i might as well join since i use it so much i am having an issue with a plasma i picked up cheap so i will posting about that soon in hopes for some help, lol. thanks for the helpful site.

Comment

Evione Electronics

Hey all

Name is Dionne and have been repairing electronics devices since completing University in 2000.

I specialize in component level motherboard repairs to laptops, cell phones, tablets and all the latest electronics.

I live on the East coast South Africa in Durban.

Cheers

Dionne

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone... from Italy!

Comment

Who wants to help me fix my Vizio TV? I'm glad I found this forum.

Comment

Hi everyone. John here from the frigid mitten of Michigan.
                                Was into electronics in High School and now re-discovering as an offshoot of trying to repair a couple of things. Will be completely refurbing a pair of Tektronix O-Scopes I picked up and ran across this site looking for good cap brands as I'm currently re-capping a pair or HP motherboards for work.

Comment

Hello everyone I have a project involving batteries and I read some posts here and want to ask some people some questions.

Comment

Hello all. I'm Les from NC. I'm a jack of all trades, master of none. I can turn a wrench and keep my cars running. I can swing a hammer and built a deck or two. I can weild a soldering iron and repaired a few obvious electronic problems. So I'm here for your guidance as to whether I should use a wrench, hammer or solder to get my TV going again. Thanks in advance for the knowledge and assistance I've already seen in this forum.
                                    The only thing more relaxing than a smooth flight is a smooth landing.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Wayne. Ave been fiddling with all types of electronics since the 80's. Mainly just as a hobby, fixing TV's, VCR,s etc. I work as a automatic transmission builder now and deal with automotive computers on a daily basis. Most new cars have 10 to 20 control modules, some European even more. Joined the forum today because I have a couple of flat screens I'm working on ran across this site. Any way I look forward to looking around.

Wayne Dysart

Comment

Hi, new to Badcaps, but have fixed a few electronics thanks to this webpage.

Comment

Re: Bigjohnga

My name is Bigjohnga and I am new to this forum. I have worked in the Corragated Box field all my life, mostly as a Industrial Tech and latter on as a Industrial Electronics Tech. I have dealt with CNC machines, networks and all forms of Industrial repairs. I am retired now and have been playing with repairing several TV's that I have been given. I look forward to logging in to this forum because it seems that the is a lot of tech knowledge here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X