LG 55EC930v is not turning on, it's dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55EC930v is not turning on, it's dead

I mean, there are different mainboards avaible for the TV. but on this image, it's my MB.
    I can't find a red lamp when TV is on. that's what i mean. you marked it with LD, but there isn't something glowing. Is this a lamp on my MB?
    I checked again LVDS cable and one pin is loosing signal if cable is moved. beeps, then nothing, beeps, again no beep and again all the same.
    Last edited by TeslaMichael; 01-15-2022, 11:59 AM.

Comment

this is mini led.. if you use your DMM with diode mode and test the LD i remarked you see if it lit red color or not

do youu mean there are only the soldering?
      Last edited by Diah; 01-15-2022, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Yes only the soldering. I saw once a image where it looked different

Comment

zooming in on the area it looks like that led has never been fitted from factory, just untouched solder pads on the board

Comment

okay.. show me the print lable pin chart of the socket on the PCB which it goes to MB

Comment

Sorry, don't know what you mean. You mean from T-con socket to the MB?

Comment

on the power board.. near the socket which go to MB there are printing label named the pins description of the socket... i need to see it so i write to you the test.

Comment

Okay, here are the Pictures.
                  I guess, this is the end of the tv
                  Attached Files

Comment

the things you may didn't know... the T-CON driver boards receive the VCC 12V via the LVDS... so what you did before disconect LVDS with out feeding T-CON driver boards with 12V make no sense at all.. this why you need to follow the test below.

this test very important and you should double check each step like the (japanese workers method shisa kanko) Pointing with finger and calling the pins ) for avoiding mistakes.

1- the socket between PCB and MB should be disconnected from the MB side
                    2- the LVDS between MB and T-CON driver boards should be disconnected from the MB side

3- locate the Fuse (F1) of the 12V on the T-CON driver boards ( usualy will be close to the LVDS socket in case you didnt see it remove the metal shield of the T-CON driver boards to have access to the fuse of the T-CON VCC on board ( could the label will be (F1). be sure the boards screwed with chassis on case you removed the shield.

4- the 24V socket between PCB and T-CON driver boards should in place connected on both side

5- on the socket on PCB which goes to MB. idenfied and locate the following pins:
                    A- 3.5V pin any one you have 3 pins
                    B- Pwr-ON pin
                    C- DRV-ON
                    D-12V

6- make Jumpers connect all A_B_C together

7- connect the pin D-12V to one side of the fuse (F1) you can use clip for example or solder it up to you.. but the connection should solid and stable

8- go back and check all points above done in correct way

9- plug the TV in wall socket.. and look on the screen..any color it displaying shoot photo and upload over here.

Comment

I will try this tomorrow, then i will have more time.
                      And when putting jumper in place, i won't get a electric shock of rest power from PSU? i remember that condensators save voltages for a small time.
                      and i looked around the forum again and found one thread with exactly same issue, what i'm seeing on my tv. name of the thread: " Default Re: Need help testing an OLED TV | LG 55EC9300 "
                      Then it's sure the same thing like in the other topic but i should try it anways.
                      I should add also, that i'm hearing buzzing sounds in the edge from TV if these flickering lines appears.
                      Last edited by TeslaMichael; 01-15-2022, 02:03 PM.

Comment

capacitors can store a charge so good you asked but just check the large primary one on the psu with a multi meter and see what voltage is across it.

Comment

Okay good. then will see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by TeslaMichael View Post
                            I will try this tomorrow, then i will have more time.
                            And when putting jumper in place, i won't get a electric shock of rest power from PSU?
                            No you will not... because all the work are on the COLD area ( secondary) not at the hot area ( primary) other wise i will wrote to you warning.

Comment

one tips for you;

after you located the cable of the pins i mentioned above.. you can scratch the cable at the middle and connect cable on it.. put paper glue on it to know which pin name. later after you finish and your tv working.. you can cover the scratch of cables with electric type

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                one tips for you;

after you located the cable of the pins i mentioned above.. you can scratch the cable at the middle and connect cable on it.. put paper glue on it to know which pin name. later after you finish and your tv working.. you can cover the scratch of cables with electric type
                                Good tip, i'm able to test it in some hours.

Comment

This TV is forever dead... was flickering at test and then screen freezed and i smelled something weird... will upload pictures...

Comment

Originally posted by TeslaMichael View Post
                                    This TV is forever dead... was flickering at test and then screen freezed and i smelled something weird... will upload pictures...
                                    flickering or one color pattern R G B

Comment

I could see the colors changing but half site had also same problem + flickering orange lines. then it freezed and stayed at one color. then it started a bit smelling
                                      Here Pictures
                                      Attached Files

Comment

show me the photos and show me your work of cable and t-con too

Comment

And the another weird thing is now, TV is now always turning on with normal remote and i see everything flickering. then also the loading image and then everything is away on screen and i see on left side a bit green, also a bit of these green lines i got when LVDS removed.. and also hearing sounds in the corner like buzzing..

unfortunately i didn't shot a image of the cabling..

It's time to give up...

Comment

Working...
                                          X