• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55EC930v is not turning on, it's dead

... gosh ... what about the original lvds can u show me

Comment

i broke on that original LVDS cable the connector, because of that i bought a another LVDS cable. got only a old picture of it how it looked.
      Will also search a image of the new cable how it looks.
      Attached Files

Comment

This currently the LVDS cable. Picture is of 2021 summer.
        You can see it a bit that it's not flat, it's bended. it was 170° bended in the package.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by TeslaMichael; 01-14-2022, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TeslaMichael View Post
          This currently the LVDS cable. Picture is of 2021 summer.
          ohh shit crap... it got many folding .. shit seller.

this original one you can repair it and bring it back to life.. now its late for me... tomorrow we can focus on this cable... don't play with tv any more please... my happiness always if we safe some things from scrap.

just upload more photo on the original lvds from many direction to understand the damage.

Comment

unfortunately my dad destroyed it totally while i told him, i can repair this... this was a old picture where i still had it.
            he said to me, he would kick this tv in trash instant and wouldn't try to repair it
            I have a feel, if his 1 year old philips OLED will die in few years, he wouldn't try to fix it at any price...
            I don't know if i should try a another LVDS cable. is there a way to check it how good it is or any signal is coming ? i have a Multimeter
            Last edited by TeslaMichael; 01-14-2022, 03:32 PM.

Comment

unfortunately my dad destroyed it totally while i told him, i can repair this... this was a old picture where i still had it.
              he said to me, he would kick this tv in trash instant and wouldn't try to repair it
              I have a feel, if his 1 year old philips OLED will die in few years, he wouldn't try to fix it at any price...
              I don't know if i should try a another LVDS cable. is there a way to check it how good it is or any signal is coming ? i have a Multimeter
              LOL tell your father i will take any he throw out... lol not far just in LEJ
              did you have digital meter..so you can test the replacment lvds point to point if they are in tact ?

Comment

Oh that's not far, yes
                Yes it's a digital Meter. Will do it tomorrow. The mode should be resistance, correct ? Should beep if signal is ok? haven't used it a lot.

Comment

let me explain for you how OLED work. and why you got green and what it mean the green line you got moving from top to down
                  1- you installed the replacement t-con result was green screen.. ( t-con defect ot its firmware didn't match )
                  2-you disconnected the 24 line.. you saw green line move from top to down ( this is refresh pixel after you send IN_STOP command... it show green because the fault T-CON was able to turn on green only... in normal cases this line should be white.
                  3- as you are home user.. not workshop. so you don't have discharge.. OLED always need to discharge 90% of any current remain at T-con PCB or Panel module after any repair step to avoid any dummy result caused before the repair.
                  so leave it discharge.. as you faxed before when you left it long time and when you turn it on was working for 3 minutes

Comment

Oh that's not far, yes
                    Yes it's a digital Meter. Will do it tomorrow. The mode should be resistance, correct ? Should beep if signal is ok? haven't used it a lot.
                    NO.. it should be on beep ton.

Comment

Oh okay, i will give it a try tomorrow.
                      If the cable is ok, then i don't know what the problem is.. to be true, i don't want to throw it away, because the panel was running sure 30 minutes total with good image since new MB and LVDS cable.

Comment

Oh okay, i will give it a try tomorrow.
                        If the cable is ok, then i don't know what the problem is.. to be true, i don't want to throw it away, because the panel was running sure 30 minutes total with good image since new MB and LVDS cable.
                        repairing and trouble shooting need clear mind on one point only to follow it until it end with okay. jumping between mind thought will make you lost.. start to training by focusing on one matter after it clear 100% okay go to the neighbor reason

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                          jumping between mind thought will make you lost..
                          Yes..

Will see tomorrow again, i have to sleep now. i have to deliver the newspaper in the morning.
                          Afternoon i will have the time to check everything again.
                          Last edited by TeslaMichael; 01-14-2022, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                            let me explain for you how OLED work. and why you got green and what it mean the green line you got moving from top to down
                            1- you installed the replacement t-con result was green screen.. ( t-con defect ot its firmware didn't match )
                            2-you disconnected the 24 line.. you saw green line move from top to down ( this is refresh pixel after you send IN_STOP command... it show green because the fault T-CON was able to turn on green only... in normal cases this line should be white.
                            3- as you are home user.. not workshop. so you don't have discharge.. OLED always need to discharge 90% of any current remain at T-con PCB or Panel module after any repair step to avoid any dummy result caused before the repair.
                            so leave it discharge.. as you faxed before when you left it long time and when you turn it on was working for 3 minutes
                            I didn't saw this post yet lol
                            Yes it worked once 3 minutes. tv was standing in basement for 3 Months. but i had to try 20 times until it worked 3 minutes long. the first 20 starts after 3 months showed me the orange lines flickering with a odd green thick line that goes down. not sure if you mean this with pixel refresh, but i recorded it in dark. can post video tomorrow how it looks. can post only a picture now, because i'm going to bed.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i asked you dont jumb between many subject.. it will make us all confused. so let us do it as i ask you to test no more or less please.

1- after you test the LVDS cable point to point line with yours DMM, and when its fine 100%. put it back carefully in place and don't take it out any more

2- plug out the socket of 24V which connect between PCB and T-CON driver boards .. ( plug it out from the PCB side )

turn on the TV. wait untill it boot complete.. and you have the audio optical output port lit red color.

take look on the Main boards.. you have on the right side of the LVDS socket small LED with Lable as i remember (LD114) if this Led lit red color mean the main board are fine and sending video signal to the T-CON. tell the result then we go further.

Comment

I tested the LVDS cable and i can tell you, the cable is scrap. Moved it a bit while testing and beep was gone from Multimeter.
                                And i have the Mainboard without LEDs. I've never seen a Light on it, even when tv Was working.

Comment

upload focused high resolution photo of yours MB

test again ur lvds.. some time DMM stop. so u need to turn it off and on again

Comment

Yes i'm now out of House but before i leaved i made a image. When i'm home in 1-2 hours, i will test again LVDS and will upload more high res. Images of MB.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I've never seen a Light on it, even when tv Was working.
                                      this is LD indicator !!!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Okay, this is like with the Button that is not on my MB. See only the solder Points. I'm at home in half hour and then will check again correct the cable

Comment

Okay, this is like with the Button that is not on my MB. See only the solder Points. I'm at home in half hour and then will check again correct the cable
                                          are you kidding me ?? then why you post it.. its worthless if i spend time on some things not belong to the matter.

Comment

Working...
                                          X