LG 55EC930v is not turning on, it's dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55EC930v is not turning on, it's dead

the issue still persists, but i found on t-con two golden contacts that had together a connection, because the broken flex cable left a contant.
    and one connection was bend. fixed it, and now i'm getting a green image..
    right site has a vertical line, but this is sure because the connectors are now broken, or not creating complete contact.
    BUT, LVDS is connected and don't say the tv, to turn off, because panel is damaged.
    i think, this is a good sign.
    last time it turned off in 30 seconds already. once i got to manage it, to keep it running for 2 minutes, but then i turned it off, and wanted to boot into normal software. but NO, tv says instant, there is something wrong..
    I add pics, what i mean.
    i think, the really last problem is now the t-con.
    i'm not good repair man haha, but got at least a picture already on the tv.
    but tomorrow i will check again cable connection, but i think, it's not the problem now, that i didn't correctly insert a flex cable.
    if you see the t-con on your table, it was the right connector. and on this site i see now the small green vertical line.
    Then i have to get another t-con, if i can't get anything other out.

Comment

And Once, before the tv went off after at the 6th try, i saw on white screen some black horizontal lines, then 2 minutes later it turned off. but was running for 8 minutes.

Comment

Pics.
        Attached Files

Comment

Still not solved, trying to fix it...
          But i think it's t-con. but i didn't buy a t-con yet.
          And i asked LG for help, i said also that these Model breaks often because of a faulty Panel.
          But they said, it's too old. great.
          And 5 years later, if no one can get a replacement Panel, what will they do with them ? no one will buy it for 1600€. They get recycled i think.
          And i don't think there are warranty upgrades to 10 Years.

I'm now at the point that i broke the t-con at the tests or maybe in the cold basement for months.
          I mean, why do i see green horizontal lines slowly comming when i remove LVDS?
          And i don't think panel is broken when i see this. It's slow going dark in Middle, you can only see a bit on both sides of the lines. Middle is completly black. But only after one Hour.
          It's brighter when i removed two flex cable (only one side active of panel)
          And it's not warm the panel. if there were a short then i would see that as an vertical line, but it's not.
          aaaand, if everything is plugged in, then i see at start often orange horizontal very fast flickering lines.
          then he comes sometimes on for few seconds or maybe not and is stopping to boot.
          And i got the TV last time to run again for 1 minute but i turned it off. i took the cable in my hands and used a bit force, drawn cable to me. the TV moved a little bit, i saw it at screen reflection. then turned on again, and boom it's working without issues. then suddenly two grey horizontal grey lines appeared on the right side, going to left side. but not complete to left side, a bit is complete white how is should be.
          Then after i turned it off, tried after a game in 30 minutes again and worked again. turned off and tried in evening again and went on and right side went dark with very fast flickering, then off.
          I should Upload some videos to youtube, and will post it here. then you know more.
          I think if it's panel problem then i would see also flickering in the green horizontal lines. but i don't know it is correct that there are horizontal lines when LVDS removed.
          sorry for my English, i'm german. It's a bit hard for me.

Comment

Id really advice you to let the technician handle this before you damage the tv even further

Comment

That's a problem, technicians are not there at the moment in the shops where i asked. Then i should wait until they back.

Comment

i asked you on the issue you have on other threat, but now i did found yours self long try threat. let do it with points
                1- first time was yours main boards the issue.
                2- by working on the set you damaged the ribbon and lvds cable ( you replace them later good )
                3- yours panel module are fine

now yours tv work for short time then turn off, this is load issue. (its much on power boards ) you can use 2 filament car bulb to test the load of the t-con 12V and panel 24V. if the power boards will remain on or it will shutting down. i explain this test over here with OLED threats.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. will ask my dad when we can get up TV, he will get the tv in his car. because it is in the basement of my grandma. she lives 100+ meters away and it's hard to carry the TV.. She wanted first to repair it, but then bought another TV. because of this i wanted to take the TV for me.
                  But i still have a lot of old images and videos with issues.
                  I think i will create a video today with all problems together.
                  And my mom said, one month before he died, he shut off three times.

Comment

Hello,
                    Waste of time, OLED EC series and EG series are well Known for faulty panel. Side drivers go bad and sometimes Left side COF-s. Nor repairable. And it is to old.

Comment

Yes i see that a lot of these TVs have bad panel, but TV should react to power only. even without LVDS the old mainboard never turned on after trying it over 500 times.
                      couldn't believe that panel and mainboard were problem.
                      And important, the screen looks good when tv is working. But 2 seconds are sometimes enough if he is running, and right site goes dark. BUT this is not happening if i remove LVDS cable. There are a lot of green bright horizontal lines. They come slowly after TV is on for 20 seconds and then they don't move. I can also remove two ribbon cable from T-con from right or left side and then the horizonzal lines are only one side, but brighter and more. If the screen is on with the green Lines, the power is at 38 Watt. Sound also works.
                      i can take a look again in 2-3 weeks. talked to my dad... long time... but will publish the another videos that i recorded in the last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by TeslaMichael View Post
                        Yes i see that a lot of these TVs have bad panel,
                        Don't worry yours panel 99.9% fine. but Don't forget too .. you did damage to ribbon and LVDS this will have 100% sequences but not to the panel self... the victim here of yours murder (t-CON driver boards or the PCB )

Comment

I'm thinking the same..
                          I hope i can get one week earlier acces to the TV.
                          I think the PSU is ok, when the Panel is bright with the green Lines when LVDS removed. Or should then still test PSU with car bulb?
                          i uploaded the video, there you see a bit more of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuA1Rjf5V0E
                          Last edited by TeslaMichael; 01-05-2022, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking the same..
                            I hope i can get one week earlier acces to the TV.
                            I think the PSU is ok, when the Panel is bright with the green Lines when LVDS removed. Or should then still test PSU with car bulb?
                            i uploaded the video, there you see a bit more of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuA1Rjf5V0E
                            Ok, i see you still want to play with it, tell me what you need for Tv and i can send it to you. We are neighbours, i am in Austria. I have over 100 OLED Tv scrapped and parts.

Comment

Oh yes Austria is not far away from germany.
                              What is the price for one T-con?
                              It's the LC550LUd-LGPC

btw. my dad said, next week we bring the TV to home
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by TeslaMichael; 01-06-2022, 08:51 AM.

Comment

What is the price for one T-con?
                                It's the LC550LUd-LGPC

It is free, just pay the transport - we talk via PM.
                                I will tell my colleague's from warranty department to look after the T con.
                                keep in touch.

LG

Comment

Will write PM.

Comment

Got TV here. it was running once 3 minutes.

Comment

Got TV here. it was running once 3 minutes.
                                      as i wrote before... do the test of bulb to the panel 24V & T-CON 12V. as described at page 8
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Good, we have sure in the Garage bulbs from old car. But if i will try it, i will ask here again, to be on the correct side.
                                        I can already say, we bought a cheap T-Con. I hope it will Arrives this Week

Comment

Another T-con is inside and TV Shows at boot White big line and the rest is bright Green. But this is not a panel issue ?!?!?!
                                          If i remove one flex cable, the white odd line disappears. But still dverything Green. Old t-con showed green odd line on right side. Then random the panel flickers with some colors and comes on maybe for 1 second.
                                          New t-con turns off the TV after 3 seconds. And if i remove LVDS, i see again These horizontal lines coming slowly. But now the complete screen looks like that. And is also very bright.
                                          I haven't found a bulb yet. Then i have to buy one. But could be this still a PSU problem ?? I think not but we can't be sure 100%.
                                          And if it's important for you, the panel is not warm after trying. Also checked temperatures.
                                          Will add pictures. Sorry if i wrote something wrong, i'm writing from mobile.

Comment

Working...
                                          X