• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soniq E40S12A-AU Stuck In Standby

How about a resistor or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggbert43 View Post
      I'm struggling to grasp where the wires come from?
      which wire ? the photo i added to you.. its any table lamp with filament bulb will have only 2 wire only which take AC from wall socket... this 2 wire one you connected with the wirw which you need to slide it out from the BL socket and the next of the bulb go to the socket at pin3

sockets on power boards PIn3 -------- table lamp ------- the wire go to backlight

Comment

resistor need high watt ,1K 10 watt and up, bulb are better. as it can handle all kind of currents / watt with out any effect on the other parts in circuit

Comment

I have just found a table lamp; see photo.

However, I am still unsure where the wires you speak of are going to come from?
          Attached Files

Comment

Do you mean for me to cut the end of the power cable that plugs into the wall off & use those wires?

Comment

Do you mean for me to cut the end of the power cable that plugs into the wall off & use those wires?
              yes

after u cut test it in wall to be sure it work and its switch are on on.. then put it in tv as told.

you can open the switch and take out the wire from there.... no need to cut
              Last edited by Diah; 04-24-2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Yey I got there in the end...!

So, I will do as suggested, making sure that the lamp is switched on before switching on the TV....

Are we hoping for the screen to stay on & the bulb to light up?

Comment

its your hope too,
                  the bulb will never light on... it will be as resistor only
                  Last edited by Diah; 04-24-2021, 12:02 PM.

Comment

No joy, it didn't help....

So, in terms of taking the TV apart more, do you have any tricks to bypass the bad LED once it has been identified & we are looking at it?

Are we sure that this problem can't be caused by a bad capacitor on the Power Board or something?

Comment

No joy, it didn't help....

So, in terms of taking the TV apart more, do you have any tricks to bypass the bad LED once it has been identified & we are looking at it?

Are we sure that this problem can't be caused by a bad capacitor on the Power Board or something?
                      explain any different you noticed when you did the bulb try?

Comment

i am afraid you have error at volts reading.. to confirm i want you do the bulb test to the other lines one by one and notice any change.. pin 2 / 6 / 7

Comment

What should I notice?

All I noticed is that the splash screen wasn't even coming on, instead the screen just flashed light....

It was possible that the wire I was putting down the Pin 3 socket wasn't touching the Pin on the Board properly, so I even tried holding it onto the pin externally to the socket also.... I took my time with those measurements this time, triple checked the readings very carefully etc

Comment

Does bulb size matter at all?
                            It is a slightly smaller than standard household bulb....

Comment

What should I notice?

All I noticed is that the splash screen wasn't even coming on, instead the screen just flashed light....

It was possible that the wire I was putting down the Pin 3 socket wasn't touching the Pin on the Board properly, so I even tried holding it onto the pin externally to the socket also.... I took my time with those measurements this time, triple checked the readings very carefully etc
                              if you did all correct and splash screen wasn't coming on, mean this line healthy.. so do the test to others 2 6 7

Comment

Ok, will do, thanks Diah

Comment

Does bulb size matter at all?
                                  It is a slightly smaller than standard household bulb....
                                  What is the resistance of that incandescent lamp? Cold resistance of incandescent lamp will be really low Ohm (resistance will go up when lamp filament is heated up) which will overload the LED power supply.
                                  Last edited by budm; 04-24-2021, 03:30 PM.
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

The bulb is 40 Watt (240/250V); hope that helps?

Comment

The bulb is 40 Watt (240/250V); hope that helps?
                                      Check the resistance of the lamp with your Ohm meter.
                                      40W 240VAC = hot resistance of about 1430 Ohms, so cold resistance will be about 143 Ohms or less.
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I measured 181.8 Ohms

So are you suggesting this is too low to achieve the objective?
                                        I could leave the bulb switched on somewhere for a while, then quickly transfer it to the lamp & test while still warm heheh.... I guess you don't mean that kind of hot; as in hot = plugged into AC Mains, & cold = not?

Comment

bulb test method applied to LED back light which controlled with external inverter which it had 24V feed from power boards and it had nothings to do with heat. and will never overload or damage any parts at inverter neither power boards.

the questions if you test this on all lines 2/3/6/7 and didn't help the LED remain on. then you have shorted / exploded / cutoff LED Line. no way unless take the screen apart. end of subject from my side.
                                          Last edited by Diah; 04-25-2021, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X