Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hisense 55'' Issues Mainboard or Power Supply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hisense 55'' Issues Mainboard or Power Supply?

from my experience with todays junk made LED LCD tvs 95% of the time the issue with no backlight is a bad LED strip or strips

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
      ok this is a good test, so with external strips its shuts off after how much time or in which condition?
      Immediately there is any load. Aerial, DTV, HDMI, Youtube. Anytype of load. But if you turn it off completely and start it again it just starts up normally. If there was a faulty strip am pretty sure it wouldnt go on because they are very sensitive.

I have attached videos.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shelby5041 View Post
        from my experience with todays junk made LED LCD tvs 95% of the time the issue with no backlight is a bad LED strip or strips
        Its a mainboard issue.. This particular mainboard has a connector which i think sends a signal for the backlights. My A6103 doesnt have that capabilty.. So i resolved to get a mainboard for the MEA region.

Comment

Originally posted by dabushar View Post
          Its a mainboard issue.. This particular mainboard has a connector which i think sends a signal for the backlights. My A6103 doesnt have that capabilty.. So i resolved to get a mainboard for the MEA region.
          more exact its firmware issue on the main boards ( didn't match ) if you could find firmware for A6100 series you can force the set to write the new firmware..
          how!!... while the set working on unplug it from wall socket.. put the firmware on usb stick formatted with fat32 and insert it at USB Port V.2 not the blue one V.3

press the power bottom on the RC and keep pressing while you plug it back to wall socket .. release the pressing when you see upgrading on the screen.

Comment

Have you resolved?

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              Have you resolved?
              I dont want to burn this BL's because changing them is a hassle, a big hassle. I am looking for the firmware Diah suggessted and try upgrade or downgrade it while i wait for the Mainboard for the A6103 to arrive.

Thanks

Comment

OK since you said:
                So i resolved to get a mainboard for the MEA region.
                it was not clear...

Comment

I dont want to burn this BL's because changing them is a hassle, a big hassle. I am looking for the firmware Diah suggessted and try upgrade or downgrade it while i wait for the Mainboard for the A6103 to arrive.

Thanks
                  okay, i did found for you firmware for 55A6100..

you can use the methods i described before or first use this method hope it will success too

1. Format a USB flash disk as FAT32.
                  2. Copy the .bin file as-is onto the root of the USB flash disk (Do not rename the file, do not put the file into a folder)
                  3. Put your TV on, and go to Settings > Support > System Update > Upgrade from USB
                  4. The TV will automatically detect that a firmware upgrade file exists on the USB. Click Yes or Ok to continue.
                  5. Your TV will now reboot and install the firmware. (It might stay at 1% for a while. This is normal. The progress bar will eventually move. DO NOT power off your TV during the firmware update process)
                  6. Once the firmware installs, your TV will reset to its factory default state.
                  in case the set didnt reset it self after writing the new firmware... do it from service menu (Clean Chip ) and then from install menu factory reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                    okay, i did found for you firmware for 55A6100..

you can use the methods i described before or first use this method hope it will success too

1. Format a USB flash disk as FAT32.
                    2. Copy the .bin file as-is onto the root of the USB flash disk (Do not rename the file, do not put the file into a folder)
                    3. Put your TV on, and go to Settings > Support > System Update > Upgrade from USB
                    4. The TV will automatically detect that a firmware upgrade file exists on the USB. Click Yes or Ok to continue.
                    5. Your TV will now reboot and install the firmware. (It might stay at 1% for a while. This is normal. The progress bar will eventually move. DO NOT power off your TV during the firmware update process)
                    6. Once the firmware installs, your TV will reset to its factory default state.
                    in case the set didnt reset it self after writing the new firmware... do it from service menu (Clean Chip ) and then from install menu factory reset.
                    It doesnt recognize the usb upgrade package... I tried to hold the RC power button while booting to force it but it just starts up..

Comment

It doesnt recognize the usb upgrade package... I tried to hold the RC power button while booting to force it but it just starts up..
                      it sound you may have hidden file remain on your USB stick.... some windows system when you format they generate hidden file named "System Volume Information"

you need to enable at the pc to show hidden files.. and such file on the usb to delete it.

Comment

it sound you may have hidden file remain on your USB stick.... some windows system when you format they generate hidden file named "System Volume Information"

you need to enable at the pc to show hidden files.. and such file on the usb to delete it.
                        It didn't work. I tried everything. I formatted and checked if the flash was empty, it was, I copoed the file. But the TV doesn't recognize the upgrade. I don't know if it's the chipset or something. But it's not working. It's refusing to flash the firmware

Comment

try this another firmware

Comment

you can trick the set to think its same model firmware.. by rename it as the model such usb_xxxxxxxx.bin

you can know the firmware of this boards and model better from service menu.. go to menu audio setting-advanced setting--- balance mark it at level 0 then press on RC 1969 letter M will show on the top left corner.. by pressing menu again will show you at first page. to exit just turn the set off to by RC

Comment

you can trick the set to think its same model firmware.. by rename it as the model such usb_xxxxxxxx.bin

you can know the firmware of this boards and model better from service menu.. go to menu audio setting-advanced setting--- balance mark it at level 0 then press on RC 1969 letter M will show on the top left corner.. by pressing menu again will show you at first page. to exit just turn the set off to by RC
                              I cleaned the usb booted to a clean usb os and formatted the usb and made sure it was empty, tried both firmwares( usb_xxxxxxxx.bin, usb_xxx.xxx.xx.bin and none worked.. i tried renaming the files as you suggested also failed.. both on settings and rebooting while holding power on rc.

I did however manage to get into the service menu... Took a pic.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I cleaned the usb booted to a clean usb os and formatted the usb and made sure it was empty, tried both firmwares( usb_xxxxxxxx.bin, usb_xxx.xxx.xx.bin and none worked.. i tried renaming the files as you suggested also failed.. both on settings and rebooting while holding power on rc.

I did however manage to get into the service menu... Took a pic.
                                if you renamed the FW as the current model as the replacement boards, you need to use the upgrade method i wrote at my post #28 !!

between it show yours now HU55A6106 !!!!! not as you told us H8000 ??? LOL

try now from service menu option clear all.. when the tv restart go to setting and make factory reset from there again.
                                Last edited by Diah; 10-15-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

if you renamed the FW as the current model as the replacement boards, you need to use the upgrade method i wrote at my post #28 !!

between it show yours now HU55A6106 !!!!! not as you told us H8000 ??? LOL

try now from service menu option clear all.. when the tv restart go to setting and make factory reset from there again.
                                  HU55A6106 Is the new boards version. The original was A6103
                                  I realized that the option will not work as on the replacement board there is connector which sends a signal to an oscillator board on the power supply to control the backlights.. So the firmware won't work per say.
                                  The power supply board for this specific board has an extra board which i assume is a power oscillator.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Your main problem is not mainboard, check the V of the STB pin on psu, if is not over 5v place a jumper SW-STB , if yes place a diode and detach mainboard, leave it to stay and watch if BL comes off after a while, if yes you have bad strips. In alternative, let tv work normally and place voltmeter on SW pin , if when BL comes off the SW pin changes then you have wrong mabo otherwise bad leds.
                                    Last edited by Davi.p; 10-20-2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                    X