e470i-a0 acting crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e470i-a0 acting crazy

Did a Reeceyburger led repair on this a couple of years ago and it quit my daughter a year ago so I assumed it was another led so it has just been sitting. Got it of the shelf yesterday and plugged it in and back lights came on. Started checking things over and saw an lvds ribbon cable that looked a little off so I reset it and got picture and sound on air antenna.

After about an hour the sound quit so powered it down and back on and got sound again. a while later no sound and no picture, but had back lights, and was getting the no signal message.

Remote, or tv buttons were not responding completely. Could get it to turn on ok but no signal. If I hit menu, the no signal message would disappear but no menu. Also, when you push the power button to shut down, it takes awhile to finally shut down.

Checked power supply voltages and appear to be producing what is needed. Only thing I am not sure of is what the led volts should be. Getting with
    plug connected:
    led1:21v
    vout1: 107v
    led2: 21.5v
    vout2: 109.9

Unplugged:
    led1: .0850v
    vout1: 128v
    led2: .001v
    vout2: 128v

Any thoughts or ideas? Main board took a dump? Thanks
    Last edited by whiz62; 03-05-2019, 07:11 PM. Reason: Brand name missing

Re: e470i-a0 acting crazy

Did you try a factory reset?

Comment

I can't get into menu. it just goes blank and locks up. I tried the smart button on remote and it brought up apps for netflix, youtube, etc. found an app on there that said hd settings and it brought up a menu to reset to factory so I did that and now TV is stuck on the vizio logo. Have to unplug to shut off. Possible EEPROM?

Comment

Wonder if its a bad solder joint or faulty capacitor? could try heating mainboard with a hairdryer, small sections at a time, see if anything changes.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-06-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks nomoresonys. Will give that a try.

Comment

Ended up getting a main board for the TV and it is up and running.

Comment

Glad to hear, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
              X