Sanyo FW55D25F stuck in color test mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo FW55D25F stuck in color test mode

So far on this unit I have replaced the chip shopjimmy.com said would fix this problem. It did not do so. I have purchased another main board that matches up to the original in every way and it still does the same thing. It powers on and then the screen starts cycling thu different colors nothing more. I've checked all connections for proper connection. Has anyone else seen this issue and can offer some advice. Thanks.. Ps I've looked for a service manual and can't find one freely available.

Re: Sanyo FW55D25F stuck in color test mode

All I can think of is that you got parts that do not match your serial number. They may "look" the same but yet be different.

Comment

No I looked into that as well. Numbers do match even the first parts of the serial number.

Comment

Ugh... well that stinks... I've got one more idea, since there is an MSD chip on there. A while back I've read out the firmware on my monitors with a programmer through the VGA port. Well that produced the same color cycling. I wonder if you can push firmware to the board?

Comment

I've never done that before... bit beyond what i can do at this time.. I have tired two different boards in this TV and both are doing the same thing. How could both of them be corrupt. I thought they might be in some sort of testing mode i could get out of but i have tried every button combination i can think of to get it out of this mode and nothing has worked so far.

Comment

Maybe try this to get back into service menu, don't choose that test mode, just see if you can do a factory reset or exit if it goes away just turn tv off:
            1 Unplug the power cable.
            2 Press and hold the {MUTE} button on the remote control while plugging the power cable back into the outlet.
            Keep pressing the {MUTE} button until the TV powers on with the Service Menu displayed.
            Use the {CH+} {CH-} buttons to select menus.
            Use the {VOL+} {VOL -} buttons to change settings.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-09-2019, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Have to be VERY CAREFUL what you do in service mode, always make note of settings in case you need to change them back, have read many nightmares about people messing their tvs up and not knowing how or just not being able to recover.

Comment

I have already tried that and it didnt work. I have tried about ever key combination i can think of. SN# wise it is a ds9 version. The standby light does flash 5 times before the tv turns on. The it starts flashing colors like is seen in the video. The video posted is mine. https://youtu.be/pDfnEWaIC1g
                I cant seem to figure out why it is doing this. It also does it when i put in a replacement board that matches the original in every way.

Comment

May be a firmware mismatch, had a sony that did that with every board also, did a firmware update and fixed it.

Comment

can not find any firmware for this tv. ive been looking all over the place and have had not luck. I cant even find what the 5 standby light flashes mean. Sanyo's website does not have any firmware for this tv and i cant find any where or anyone that has it. this is like beating a dead horse....

Comment

Not sure that sanyo has any blink codes, my kdl sony didn't have a blink code. That's what's nice about panosonic, some sonys and sharp, the blink codes.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-10-2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

ive not been able to find any. If they do they are keeping it to themselves. Freaking non repair throw away society... would be nice to have free or cheap schematics and information to make it easier to repair things. Come on we are keeping things from going into the landfill and giving items new life again.

Comment

Maybe try calling them, I've heard on rare occasions that some of them, not sure about sanyo tho, have sent people firmware or directed them where to find it, a bit of a longshot but how else to find it? http://www.sanyo-av.com/us/support/contac-f.php

Comment

Maybe the issue is power on some line going from the power board to the main board that is not getting power and causing this issue. the line going from the power to the main is one of those flat cables that are pushed it to the connector. they( the boards) dont really have it marked what line is what. but maybe there is a line that is not feeding power somewhere it is suppose to and it is putting both boards into this mode and keeping it from coming out of it.
                            both boards have this problem. the tv does not have a tcon board. its the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

???? not sure which boards are applicable but pictures at shopjimmy appear to show voltages printed on the power and main boards. without you posting pictures, its difficult to provide much more.

Comment

pretty sure it has a tcon board. It's probably a slim little strip attached to the panel. SJ does show some tcons for some versions of this tv.

Comment

There is a long narrow board that is attached to the screen like all lcd tvs have and the main board is connected to it by a cable. This tv is a ds9 sn# so I'm guessing it is a version 9 setup. My guess was that the tcon board was built into the main board.

Comment

I will post some pictures when I get the opportunity to do so. There are a few places that has voltage listed next to them and they are getting those voltage or are within a volt of it. The TV does have a standby light and it flashes 5 times before the tv powers on. Once the TV turns o. The whole screen switches from one color to the next, then it cycles again. After about 10mi minutes the tv will shut itself off.

Comment

Did this just start happening on its own?

Or did you repair this TV, and this happened during your fix?

Tell us more about your panel? Manufacturer? Part number?

Or include photos of the rear of the TV.

I have a 24" Samsung LCD TV that I repaired because the insulation on the ccfl high voltage wires was bad and arcing to the back of the panel. I disassembled the panel to wrap the wires with new tape and insulation. But during testing, something on the long narrow board attached to the top of the LCD panel contacted the metal panel frame, and shorted out or something...

Long story short, my panel does the color test regardless of which mainboard is installed... Something on the narrow Panel circuit board may be damaged.

Comment

It was doing this before i got it. I replaced the ic that shopjimmy said would fix it but it did the same with the new chip. I then purchased s replacement main board that matched in every way. All the numbers on the board match the original. But it still does the exact same thing with the replacement main board. I have one of those magnifying lights and I've looked over the board at the bottom of the tv that attaches to the screen and I have not seen any issues. I will try to get some pictures of the back of the tv and all the boards this weekend when I can find the time.

Comment

Working...
                                        X