Lg49uj6200ua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lg49uj6200ua

I will try removing wifi module. I never lose backlight. What I lose is video signal processing. I will also try with ethernet connected if it has a port.

Thanks

Comment

Have you tried a "non-hdmi" input... ie. component / composite video? just wandering about hdcp "issues" choking things.

Since you appear to lose the remote, sounds like either its pairing is gone or the main board is "tied up" doing something and can't respond.

Can you clarify what you are seeing on the screen when you say "PIP". Is it more likely "split screen" with one half a picture, the other half is supposed to be the menu / operating system screen.
      Last edited by budwich; 12-26-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
        Have you tried a "non-hdmi" input... ie. component / composite video? just wandering about hdcp "issues" choking things.

Since you appear to lose the remote, sounds like either its pairing is gone or the main board is "tied up" doing something and can't respond.

Can you clarify what you are seeing on the screen when you say "PIP". Is it more likely "split screen" with one half a picture, the other half is supposed to be the menu / operating system screen.
        On the left half of the screen there is a field "select input"
        When you choose an input, if there is active signal on it, it displays it in a small PIP style window with video and audio. Right half of the screen remains the Menu selection Screen. This is why I still think it is the CPU. I tried disconnecting the wifi module with no success.
        Yes, I tried the antenna input from my off air antenna.
        Last edited by ljintexas; 12-27-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Also note that this unit will detect the flash drive that is properly formatted with proper folder name and file name on it but will not ask if I want to upgrade? Board that would go into input selection menu did recognize drive and take update.
          Last edited by ljintexas; 12-27-2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

As with some / most makers, they do a "version check" and won't continue with the process if the version on the drive is the same or less. Of course, if for what ever reason your firmware in the set has an actual problem ("dropped bits"), this technique doesn't allow one to get around the problem with the "simple usb" reload. :-(

Have you tried a "serial control input" which I have seen in my travels?
            Further: you didn't mention much about the remote, if you are using one and / or have another. Is the power button on the set a "toggle" type, it appears to be in the generic user guide. LG certainly has "limited" documentaiton.... :-(

Comment

I am using the original remote. This set has a single push button on the bottom rail.
              I will explore "serial control input"

Thanks

LJ

Comment

one more thing about the "single button" thing... the question is "does it toggle". On samsung, there is a single button but it has "toggle action"... meaning the button can "move" like a "toggle" to select different operations on the menu. This can be done without the remote.

You indicated that you might replace the smaller "side board" from the main... have you done that? have you tried powering up the set and then disconnecting that board from the system?
                Last edited by budwich; 12-28-2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I will check and see if in fact that button does toggle. I know exactly what you mean. This button even says PUSH on it. No I have not tried with it disconnected because if disconnected neither the button nor the IR will be able to communicate with the main board. Board is in transit to me. Will advise when I get it.

Thanks for all of your help. Happy New Year!

LJ
                  Last edited by ljintexas; 12-28-2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Not sure that the board is the interface as I believe that the remote is "bluetooth" or equivalent as opposed to IR... I think as there is "pairing".... although I do see mention of a "standard remote" so probably also has an IR interface.
                    Last edited by budwich; 12-28-2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Another question... back to your testing on the led inv outputs. You provided voltage measurements for the + side to ground but didn't provide the same for the - side. Are you still seeing a standby flash of 3?

Comment

Button does not toggle, straight push. Interface board made no difference. I can measure Inv voltage from - to chassis. I will measure both during setup screen before it pukes and then after it pukes. Backlight never wavers after fire up. I noticed a white flash on right side of screen when it pukes.
                        LG offers the main board but only as rebuilt and has a stiff core charge of $75. They know there is an issue. My CPU guru that has a BGA station says no parts available.
                        CRB37647501 is part #...$177 with $79 core if you don't have an exchange.
                        Last edited by ljintexas; 12-30-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Looks like these tvs are suppose to toggle, check that owners manual there. https://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-49UJ6200
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 12-31-2018, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                            Looks like these tvs are suppose to toggle, check that owners manual there. https://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-49UJ6200
                            I will try disconnecting the button and see where that leads. I can tell you that the one board that did process video in the pip INPUT SELECT mode actually put button instructions on the screen. Like press and hold for input selection, and it worked by just pushing it.

Thanks

LJ

Comment

Working...
                            X