No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-70LE660U - Panel Q's... Each side works opposite cable disconnected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-70LE660U - Panel Q's... Each side works opposite cable disconnected

Hello!

I do not have the 2-5 blink error, it basically seems to maybe flash once on startup(never turns off).

It will just flash briefly when I turn it on, the dim backlight flash.

I cannot turn off with remote or power button.

When I disconnect either side of the t-con, the side disconnected goes white and the other side looks fine (sharp logo etc). So BOTH sides show the image when the opposite is disconnected.

Is this an obvious panel fault? Doesn't seem to have side tabs like other posts mention, there are little flaps with ic's on them on the sides... but not sure i should be ripping them off lol.

Where should I be going from here? Trying to read through all the threads - I feel like this should definitely be pointing me in the right direction.

Any thoughts?

adding pics from my phone shortly.

Re: Sharp LC-70LE660U - Panel Q's... Each side works opposite cable disconnected

Ok, lies.

So while trying to and failing to upload photos- made it work for now. Read anothers post where they throught it was good to go and failed out.

Basically after operating the TV with disconnected tcon sides, or them back together and it works.

Loaded internet, no updates.

There are two lines visible on the screen though. See pictures. Bad panel? I expect it to fault out again soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by geeforce; 09-29-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Re: Sharp LC-70LE660U - Panel Q's... Each side works opposite cable disconnected

Originally posted by geeforce View Post
      Ok, lies.

So while trying to and failing to upload photos- made it work for now. Read anothers post where they throught it was good to go and failed out.

Basically after operating the TV with disconnected tcon sides, or them back together and it works.

Loaded internet, no updates.

There are two lines visible on the screen though. See pictures. Bad panel? I expect it to fault out again soon.
      Hello,
      about the visible lines. This kind of vertical line is caused by a bad bonding between the flat cable on the top/bottom (source drivers), that connects the LCD screen itself to the slim pcb. It can not be repaired, unless you have a tab bonding machine, but it can be worked around. You need to press gently on the flex cable that is the closest to the line on top/bottom of the screen. If it makes it go away, you have to think out something to constantly get that area pressed. Some uses heat gap pads (i think it is the best solution), some uses rubber, etc.
      The horizontal line is caused by a gate driver. There are many articles on BC, how to handle this. But we can walk you trough, if you want to make it go away.
      Cheers, Janos

Comment

Thanks Janos,

I'll mess around with the lower tabs, maybe try cleaning them too.

My set has tiny ICs attached along the side, maybe 4-5 per side on tiny tabs not connected to anything... I'll play with those too.

Comment

Since your set has both a dead horizontal and dead vertical line, I am inclined to suggest impact damage, or a failed pixel that has shorted and killed both drive lines. Nothing much you can do.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

True that Tom! Thanks for all your invaluable help on this forum!!! Your answers often provide light!

I took the plunge and ripped off the panels tab bonds on the right side (side which showed the horizontal line with tcon half disconnected).

The horizontal line is gone! Yay.... Too bad is got a vertical line. Fail. Of well.

Comment

Hi, i don't understand well your first posts, but i can see well the images, so with a pressure on the source driver it doesn't make difference? You don't have to press the glue strip but on the chip itself...

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                Hi, i don't understand well your first posts, but i can see well the images, so with a pressure on the source driver it doesn't make difference? You don't have to press the glue strip but on the chip itself...
                Unfortunately it seemed to make no difference, I put a heatsink foam piece between the chip and the frame to try and help cool/provide pressure. Didn't work, nor did any manipulation of the cof-bond tab thing.

All good...

I will have to take the tv apart down to the diffusion layers to clean it properly. The PO sold it to me in pieces and the the diffusion layers were damaged(kinked) and had oily finger prints... Long story, but thought I bought a complete, but broken tv. Got it home found out leds were removed... called seller he tells me he thought they were broken so took them out (he stripped 30% of the screws... had to use a drill on 6). Ended up asking him for EVERYTHING he thought was garbage from the panel... picked up the diffusion layers, some frame peices and the led lights. Definitely not sure if I got the diffusion layers right, but think I did based on some glue residue lol... Too bad, panel is damaged from his shotty work removing the led bar I think. Some people need to stay away from electronics lol.

One issue still, when I click the Netflix button on remote it seems to lock the tv... only thing I can do is hold PWR on remote for about 6-10 seconds to force a restart. Ideas?
                Attached Files

Comment

The vertical line is black? In effect it tends to let me think it's a three-output failed at the same time and not a connection problem, let we remember that in source drivers the 3 subpixels are displayed one per clock cycle. I think a very brief spike have destroyed in the moment the pixel at the crossing point of 2 lines was displayed. It's only story now.. I'm thinking, is there any overvoltage suppressor on the TCON's??
                  Last edited by Davi.p; 10-02-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X