Vizio e322vl wont turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio e322vl wont turn on

hi has anyone foubnd out issue for this tv..i have same issue ..the vizio logo is orange but nothng happens when power switch turned on,,,logo stays orange

tv will not power on

i have same voltages as original post..i did some research seems the mainboard for this tv is very costly (due to common problenms) so that tells me the issue is more than likely a main issue and not a ps issue....

1. 5.2vsb : 5.4v
    2. 5.2vsb : 5.4v
    3. 5.2vsb : 5.4V
    4. gnd : 0V
    5. gnd : 0v
    6. gnd : 0v
    7. gnd : 0v
    8. 12v : 0v
    9. 12v : 0v
    10. 12v : 0v
    11. pson : 0v
    12. i-on/off: 0v
    13. lamp : 0v
    14. dim : 0v
    Last edited by shelby5041; 07-22-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Could try freezing the eeprom with freeze spray or inverted can of duster then see if tv starts. Can also try heating eeprom and mainboard with hairdryer, heat the capacitors too, might get lucky and be able to narrow down the problem area.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-22-2019, 05:06 PM.

Comment

thanks..is that a common part failure on this model tv? i does seem shop jimmy sells the eeprom so that tells me it may be a common issue

Comment

per shop jimmy

IMPORTANT:
          These main boards can have multiple failures, in addition to the EEPROM.
          If EEPROM replacement does not repair your board, there are likely additional problems.

Symptoms EEPROM replacement CAN fix:
          - Display is frozen on VIZIO logo screen*
          - TV won't power on with remote/buttons when plugged-in (VIZIO is lit in orange, but won't turn to white)
          - TV turns on when first plugged-in, but it won't turn back on after 30 minutes of being off
          - TV shuts off and goes back to standby mode (orange VIZIO lit) after you turn it on

Symptoms EEPROM replacement CAN NOT Fix:
          - TV turns on but has NO backlight
          - TV turns on AND backlights are on, but has no video display at all
          - HDMI issues
          - Audio issues

Comment

I always figure 15 bucks is cheaper than 50 but like they say could be other or additional problems, having said that, many times it IS just the eeprom. I would probably be willing to throw 15 bucks at it but not much more, since new tvs are getting so cheap in price.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-22-2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

you are right..i can get the part for $10 shipped free on ebay....tvs nowadays are worthless..i wont spend more than $25 to fix any tv today...if it costs more i trash the tv..this tv even fixed and working is only worth about $50 max.....more likely about $25...so no reason to spend much money....how can tv repair places stay in business..noone fixes tvs anymore due to they are considered disposable items now
              and no wayy in hell would i spend $50 to buy a new main board..thats just stupid since the tv is worth less than $50 anyways...5-10 years ago i would have done it but not today...
              Last edited by shelby5041; 07-22-2019, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Totally agree, it makes me wonder if it's an industry wide conspiracy to make them last just past a one or two year warranty then go kaput, seems like the led backlights are always overdriven. They burn out and naturally that's one of the biggest jobs to do, they think people will just keep buying their tvs. Yes they try to cut the tv repairman out of the picture so now the tv makers get all the profit and just keep on selling their junk/poorly designed to fail tvs. I much prefer the ccfl tube technology, have a 32 sharp aquos from 2007, used as monitor for 16+ hours a day, never given us a second of trouble, I just blow out the dust every couple of months.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-22-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Yes the led backlght technolgy is a failed design...and a pain in the ass to fix...inhave cracked many panels trying to change leds

Comment

Yes the ccfl backlght lcd tvs are much more reliable ...for sure....ive never seen ccfl go bad..but have seen many many leds fail...and whats worse is anothervfailed design....1 led goes bad out of 100 and all wont power on...pretty,sad design

Comment

this main board my need the CPU to be reball, try heating up the metal shield for about 2 to 3 minutes.Before power on the power LED should flash amber & white. its a smart TV similar to the M550NV, M470NV and XVT553SV. These model all fail because of the CPU need to be reball.

Comment

Hi sony
                        I doubt its ps capacitor issue...they visually look fine and vizio is known for crazy funky mainboard issues...the problem with todays electronics is they are too fancy and complicated with features that are failure prone....and like you said designed to fail....its a built in profit maker by companies so that you buy a new tv every 2-5 yrs instead of every 25yrs which was the case with crt tvs...imo there should be regulations on how long items are designed to last and built to last so that we can help,reduce landfill issues.
                        Last edited by shelby5041; 07-23-2019, 04:56 AM.

Comment

For sure, pure greed by the tv makers, if this keeps up we will all be aholes to elbows packed in huge urban areas because all the other space will be effing STINKING landfills.
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-23-2019, 05:57 AM.

Comment

I'm thinking bga or eeprom too.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-23-2019, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X