Need help with Samsung LN40E550f7f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help with Samsung LN40E550f7f

Bottom line is we do have voltage from main to power board when t.v. is powered on. - Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Looks like the mainboard isn't sending the blu_on signal to the power supply.

Comment

You could try fixing the mainboard but it can be very technical.

Comment

So to clarify on my end. there is no power on Blu_on - during standby. When tv is powered on, then I have voltage. Therefore, the main board is sending signal and the signal is staying on. - So, I think I'm back to checking the inverter board. The layout is different than the ones I find online. I'm going to look again, the post a pic of it if I'm unsuccessful. Unless you all have any other has suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kindred1 View Post
            Bottom line is we do have voltage from main to power board when t.v. is powered on. - Sorry for the confusion.
            Ok, just to be clear, with all boards hooked up, you do have about 3 volts on blu_on pin, when you check it?

Comment

Well if your inverters you have 2, the original and one you bought, check out ok, it may be a backlight issue.

Comment

http://www.shopjimmy.com/cmo-27-d070...t-inverter.htm good pic. of the inverter, probably test it next.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE6K4xBVweA checking inverter its a samsung but a different model, gives you a good idea of what to do.

Comment

This model does have pull up resistors. Point in case, if you unplug mainboard from power supply you will get backlights. If you don't, look at inverter or CCFLs.

Shine a flashlight into the screen and hit the menu button. See anything?

These E series were some if the last that used CCFLs before going all LED. They have a moderately high failure rate. The connections that the CCFL bulbs use inside are spring loaded into the sockets. They break down.
                    Last edited by freakaftr8; 02-27-2018, 01:17 AM.
                    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Was trying to find a video with someone testing an E series inverter but no luck, not sure of the differences between series.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-27-2018, 05:00 AM.

Comment

This power supply board it supplies high frequency AC to connector CNI801 pin 3 (LOW 193VAC) and pin 1 (HIGH 373VAC) of the power supply board to drive the Primary winding of the Inveter transformers on the Inverter transformer board.
                        If it is bad lamp problem, the backlights should flash on for seconds (unless ALL the lamps are bad which is not likely) before the inverter transformer driver circuit on the power supply board goes into protection shutdown.
                        O.P. need to verify if he is getting the high frequency AC drive Voltage to drive the primary side of the inverter transformer on the inverter transformer board or not.
                        Last edited by budm; 02-27-2018, 10:47 AM.
                        Never stop learning
                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                          Ok, just to be clear, with all boards hooked up, you do have about 3 volts on blu_on pin, when you check it?
                          With everything hooked up and the tv powered on I get 5.14v on blu_on.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                            This model does have pull up resistors. Point in case, if you unplug mainboard from power supply you will get backlights. If you don't, look at inverter or CCFLs.

Shine a flashlight into the screen and hit the menu button. See anything?

These E series were some if the last that used CCFLs before going all LED. They have a moderately high failure rate. The connections that the CCFL bulbs use inside are spring loaded into the sockets. They break down.
                            Yes, I can see the screen static and some lettering with the flashlight. No backlights with mainboard unplugged.

Comment

I guess test the inverter, if that's ok, what else could it be but a bad ccfl?

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                This power supply board it supplies high frequency AC to connector CNI801 pin 3 (LOW 193VAC) and pin 1 (HIGH 373VAC) of the power supply board to drive the Primary winding of the Inveter transformers on the Inverter transformer board.
                                If it is bad lamp problem, the backlights should flash on for seconds (unless ALL the lamps are bad which is not likely) before the inverter transformer driver circuit on the power supply board goes into protection shutdown.
                                O.P. need to verify if he is getting the high frequency AC drive Voltage to drive the primary side of the inverter transformer on the inverter transformer board or not.

I think we found our problem Budm. I am not getting voltage at those pins. I am checking with inverter unplugged direct from the pins on the board.

Comment

So, where do I check for the fault?

Comment

Weird thing is, I remember getting some voltage there early on, tho' I don't remember what they were.

Comment

Trying to remember if you had the proper voltage on the filter capacitor legs?

Comment

That's the large 450v caps?

Comment

Yes, remember high voltage in that area use caution.
                                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-27-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X