Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tevion Tv Led flashing (Vestel)

Hello!
    I have problem with my tv which I'm trying to repair.
    It's Tevion(Medion) MD20163 26 inch LCD TV.
    It's Vestel with 17mb35-4 motherboard, and 17pw26-4 power supply.

Tv was on, when electricity got gone in my house. When current came back, I tried to turn on tv, but i had no luck.
    When I try to turn on TV, LED first turns on, and it's start dimming(I don't know how to describe that) for a second, like it has some voltage drop, and then start to flash every few seconds.

I oppened TV and everything looks ok, there is one a little bulged capacitor on power supply board, but I don't think that that is a problem, but I will change it. I measured voltages and it looks ok, I will do that once more because I didn't tried to measure in moment of dimming led.

I uploaded video to youtube so I can show you my problem.

If you have any suggestions or advice where I can start please post it.
    Thanks in advance!

Beeps on the video are not from TV, thats my mother turning on washing machine
    https://youtu.be/p0ltVAI5QRs

EDIT: I found a way how to turn on tv. When led is flashing, I need to turn off power switch, and if I turn it on again in right moment(about 2,3 secounds) it doesn't start dimming, and tv turns on like normal... What can be problem
    Last edited by johnnyesp97; 01-27-2018, 12:49 PM.

Re: Tevion Tv Led flashing (Vestel)

It could be the small electolytic caps that are bad, They are usually around 10 to 47 uf around 50 volts, The schematic I have lists them as c801, c892
    when those caps go bad the power supply has a hard time starting, trying to turn on the tv multiple times will finally charge the caps enough to keep the supply running.
    Schematic here:
    Last edited by R_J; 01-27-2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X