Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OMG SAMSUNG UN55F9000 Ultra HD, SMART, 3D 4K

we are in the same situation.
    The T-con can not be the culprit because when disconnecting the cables the LCD is black.
    The fault must be in the RFC or in the main board. I will continue measuring tensions hoping to find something out of place, but I would bet for a firmware problem in some memory chip.
    : eek:

Comment

Investigating on the internet I always end up in the conclusion that it is a problem of the main board BN94-06650B

Comment

Like I said before the one I had here for a customer had the same fault replacing the main board straightened the problem out. The mainbaord you received and the replacement are both probably bad
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It would be good to detect if there is any defective component before ordering a replacement motherboard if it is found. Or if it's a software problem in the memory chips

Comment

It most likely is some out of spec voltage regulator. Or eeprom.
            Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Hello after this long Christmas!
              I have returned to my favorite hobby with the f9000.
              I can say that I have changed regulators and flash memories and I continue with the same white pattern with the yellow strip above and the cyan below.
              If someone comes up with any other solution.
              I will continue investigating.
              regards

Attached the copy of my eeprom of the motherboard
              Attached Files

Comment

You have a bad main board. This is a common failure with these models. There are a lot of different parts that can fail on the main board and cause this issue, so finding the bad part is always a guessing game with these.
                There are no more main boards available for sale online, unless you go to encompass and want to spend $600, but there are some much cheaper repair services available online such as the one linked below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-Serv...4AAOSwHEZZeSdg

Comment

Originally posted by tayker View Post
                  I have changed regulators and flash memories and I continue with the same white pattern with the yellow strip above and the cyan below.
                  Tayker: Thanks for uploading the EEPROM. Which chip is this from?

Please clarify which EEPROM you replaced and re-programmed with the old .BIN file?

There are TWO Winbond EEPROM chips on this board IC3301 and IC3701. Perhaps the issue is with a different EEPROM?

I've had problems with bad Winbond flash chips on several other TVs so I suspect it could be bad EEPROM as well, but which one did you replace/reprogram? Can you also replace & reprogram the other one? and upload the .BIN file for it?

There are also several other 24CXX EEPROM chips on the board but I seldom see those as the issue.

See attached photo for Winbond IC locations:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tayker:

What if the .BIN file you read and re-programmed to a new EEPROM was corrupt?

Can anyone out there with a working UN55F9000 or UN65F9000 mainboard read the contents of Winbond EEPROM IC3301 and IC3701 and share the .BIN files here?

Maybe we can compare the dumps for possible corruption, or at least determine if reprogramming our EEPROM chips will repair the TV.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Unspun
                      I did the dump on the IC that you call IC3301.
                      Also I did dumps of 4 or 5 IC and all it were correct.
                      So I think the failure is probably more complex.
                      My TV is UE65 but in the end I got an UN mainboard, as Nick's TV said ,and I have it working in the UK region even though I am in Catalunya
                      but it works correctly

Comment

Originally posted by f67bird View Post
                        Submitting the UA55F9000 service manual which is the European version of your set. It may be named UN55F900 though...along with the fast track for the UN55F9000 to Toms manuals in the tv repair reference library section.
                        Not sure how long it will take to go thru and be viewable there.
                        Hi, I'm looking for the service manual for my TV which is a UE55F9000STXXU. I tried using the keywords you mentioned but couldn't find them still. Can you help me out please?

Comment

Originally posted by Michale32086 View Post
                          As Tom Cruise said in A FEW GOOD MEN "I don't know what all that means, but it sounds pretty bad..."
                          Hi Michale,
                          did you managed to find out the problem? I've got same thing:
                          https://ibb.co/jkc0yT

Originally posted by Michale32086 View Post
                          I got a replacement ONE CONNECT box...

I now get a good solid backlight when I power up the TV...

Nothing in the way of picture or display, but a good bright backlight..
                          If i got it right, it's normal colours if OC is not connected, never used it without. So it can be OC gone bad? After replace new OC you had no more yellow/white/blue/green strips?
                          It was working without problem and just died.
                          Last edited by Silvanop; 06-07-2018, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvanop View Post
                            If i got it right, it's normal colours if OC is not connected, never used it without. So it can be OC gone bad? After replace new OC you had no more yellow/white/blue/green strips?
                            Silvanop:

As Tayker, myself and others have found out, the problem with white screen and yellow/cyan pixelated artifacts is caused by MAINBOARD.

Even with One Connect detached from the TV, there should be an animated graphic showing you to attach the One Connect to the TV.

Replacing the mainboard with a known working one should fix the TV.

On another note, I still haven't managed to determine the issue with my bad mainboard - I've done voltage testing between my good and bad boards (inconclusive), so I still suspect a bad EEPROM chip or faulty memory causing corruption or something... has anyone else made any progress?
                            Last edited by Unspun01; 06-07-2018, 07:53 AM. Reason: Added a comment

Comment

Originally posted by Unspun01 View Post
                              Replacing the mainboard with a known working one should fix the TV.
                              Thank you, do you have some good site for mainboard in Europe?

Comment

I can't edit my message, so start new one.
                                Some info here, someone can understand him?=)
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTzLE4tPLI

Originally posted by Unspun01 View Post
                                Can anyone out there with a working UN55F9000 or UN65F9000 mainboard read the contents of Winbond EEPROM IC3301 and IC3701 and share the .BIN files here?
                                What you use to read this chips?

Comment

Hi, i've followed the same case in Italian forum, on the mainboard, apply resistances on the power supply lines that goes to OC (3,3v 5v 13v) approx 500mA each or higher, then see if the tv doesn't power on, if yes check IC3603 near OC connector, try with freezer spray to let it to power on with the load resistances or OC connected.
                                  Or replace it or even the other one equal to IC3603.

Comment

Some info here, someone can understand him?=)
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTzLE4tPLI
                                    Silvanop: I don't understand his language, but in that youtube video, he completely replaced the faulty mainboard from his UA55F9000 4k TV with an aftermarket universal LCD LED TV controller driver mainboard (VS.T56U11.2) programmed with the firmware to operate the 4k Samsung panel. It is not a repair of the mainboard, but rather a clever work around.

By using this replacement, you sacrifice the Camera, WIFI, and One Connect features in exchange for use of the panel and some input connections on the replacement mainboard.

Very interesting. The VS.T56U11.2 LCD LED controller can be found here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/free...862667961.html

Some information on how to program the controller can be found here:

http://lcd-ledtvfirmwares.blogspot.c...ed-tv-usb.html

and searching VS.T56U11.2 on youtube turns up some absolute wizardry that I don't have time to figure out such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_85m2uOQFOw

I don't know where to get the correct firmware or program original remote to replacement controller, but it looks promising.

What you use to read this chips?
                                    The Winbond chips IC3301 and IC3701 are "SPI flash" chips, so the contents can probably be read by any USB or serial device programmer capable of communicating with the chip... I've recently ordered a CH341A USB programmer on eBay for about USD$5.00 but have not yet tried it.
                                    Last edited by Unspun01; 08-15-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Hi, i've followed on the Italian forum the case, the user managed to fix the tv with reflow of the bigger cpu on mainboard and another fix that i dont remember, tellme if you are interested..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                                        Hi, i've followed on the Italian forum the case, the user managed to fix the tv with reflow of the bigger cpu on mainboard and another fix that i dont remember, tellme if you are interested..
                                        Hi Davi.P: can you share a link? I would very much like to know what problem they have and what they are doing to repair it.

I didn't reflow anything but i did try heating the larger chips with hair dryer to see if it was bad solder connections but there was no change (still white screen with cyan/yellow artifacts)

Comment

The link is this:
                                          https://www.plcforum.it/f/topic/2342...5f9000/?page=2

but the user Tokit dont tell the right part about ic3113, the tps25xxx
                                          is not a programmable chip. Please if you fix your tv dont disappearr an come here to describe what you've done.

Comment

Working...
                                          X