Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P50ST60. 7 blinks

Hello,

I believe one of the gurus has helped me out before with a similar problem with a salvage Panasonic plasma.

The screen on this unit is very likely damaged, so it's not likely going to startup without some "forcing".

When I first attempt power on after a long time with it unplugged, I get the loud buzzing noises, but was also able to hear mainboard function while i was pushing the control buttons. After less then 3 minutes, the set shuts down with 7 blinks, and won't turn on for awhile after that. I tried disco'ing the SC data and power connectors, but nearly the same result.

Is there any way to force this set to turn on so that I could test sound and some mainboard function, or any of the other boards? Perhaps some combination of unplugging cables? Thanks!

Re: Panasonic TC-P50ST60. 7 blinks

If it has a broken screen and you turn it on you are going to blow up the sc board and maybe the su, sd, or both.
    You can test the ss,sc,su,and sd boards out of the set, read some posts.
    What do you want to test on the mainboard?

Comment

Re: Panasonic TC-P50ST60. 7 blinks

Did some searching and jogged my memory. SC50 jumper That's the one to remember for salvaging. Jumped it, fiddled with controls, and got audio on HDMI on, key beeps, etc.. I'm assuming this means main and power are likely AOK, but I'll gladly toss SU,SD,SC,SS.

Comment

Working...
      X