Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic Viera Plasma TC-P60S30 (weird blob on screen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Viera Plasma TC-P60S30 (weird blob on screen)

Hello all,

Someone may know just by looking at the picture, so I'll start with that. The TV turns on, the red LED remains lit (no blinking), but there's only a blob of lit pixels in one corner. The IC (T6VN8XBG-0001) on A board gets really hot after about 5 minutes then it shuts off. Measured 116F with infrared thermometer. I'm thinking panel or A board?

Started by checking for shorts:
    P11: Pin 1 to chassis: 8MΩ (Vsus)
    P11: Pin 4 to chassis: 15kΩ (P15V)
    P35: Pin 1 to chassis: 6MΩ (Vda)

Green LEDs on SC and SS are lit.

P board:
    P2: Vsus: 210V
    P11: 15V: 15V
    P6: 15Vs: 15V
    P6: GND: 0
    P6: 15Vc: 15V
    P6: F15V: 15V
    P6: F15V: 15V
    P6: F-STBY-ON: 3V
    P6: STBY5V: 5V
    P6: STBY5V-ON: 20mV
    P6: SOS4-PS: 4mV
    P6: S0: 0
    P6: S1: 3.2V
    P6: 1: 3.2V

A board (p/n TNPH0914):
    TP3520: 15V
    TP3534: 15V
    TP3522: 15V
    TP3526: 5V
    TP5506: 5V
    TP9276: 5V
    TP9273: 1.2V
    TP9201: 3.3V
    TP9268: 3.3V
    TP5293: 3.3V
    TP1110: 4mV
    TP4954: 1.6V
    TP4953: 1.6V
    TP4952: 1.6V
    TP4951: 1.6V

SC board (p/n TNPA5399):
    TPS0S7: 140mV
    TPS0S6: 0V
    TP101: 5V
    TP98: 5V
    TP126: 0V
    TP82: 15V
    TPSC1: 160mV
    UHZ: 5V
    TPVAD: 63V
    TP57: -117V
    TPVSUS: 210V

SU board (p/n TNPA5343):
    TPSU15: sometimes 2V and sometimes ~150mV (??)
    TPSU16: same as TPSU15
    TPSU17: -126V
    TPSU18: -131V

SD board (p/n TNPA5344):
    TPSD15: 0V
    TPSD16: 2V
    TPSD17: 1.2V
    TPSD18: 0V
    TPSD19: 40mV
    TPSD20: 55mV
    TPSD21: 0V
    TPSD22: -131V
    TPSD23: -126V
    TPSD24: -126V
    TPSD27: -5mV
    TPSD28: 140mV
    TPSD29: 1.9V

SS board (p/n TNPA5400):
    TPVe: 135V
    VeRef 1: 2.5V
    VeRef 2: 2.5V
    P5V: 5V
    TP057: 0V
    TPSOS8: 5mV
    TPSS1: 108V
    TPVSUS: 210V
    P15V: 15V

Panel p/n MC153FU1411A

Thanks for any input!!

Edit: Not sure why pictures are rotated, sorry.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joeblah; 03-15-2017, 03:59 PM.

Re: Panasonic Viera Plasma TC-P60S30 (weird blob on screen)

I would think that is a bad panel.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Reseat the panel address driver cable for that area of the screen.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thank you dskall.

Hot damn, ReeceyBurger! Re-seated every damn connection possible and now I can actually see the menu. Blob is gone. Still some lines on the upper half, maybe re-seat the SU cables again? Pictures attached. Thank you!
        Attached Files

Comment

Edit: 2nd picture gives a better indication

Comment

Good thing you didn't take my advice.
            I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Well, not out of the woods yet. Re-seated the SU connections again to try and fix the horizontal lines. Now the screen shows nothing and I get 7 blinks on the front panel LED. Sprayed the connections with Deoxit. Tried going by the attached troubleshooting guide below. Power board no longer gives any Vsus. No voltage at Vda or 15V either. Vsus to chassis is open. Anyone suspect power board?
              Attached Files

Comment

Try disconnecting y main and x and see if it will power on?

Comment

You didn't happen to reseat them with the power on did You?
                  Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

That would be bad.

Comment

heavy, still get 7 blinks with x/y disconnected.

freak, excellent question, I did in fact reseat them with power on. I was tapping the connections and could tell which ones were acting up, so I reseated them with power on. did I nuke something? dumb move!

Comment

Lcd you can get away with, Plasma no.....

Comment

Well i am no expert, come long ways since beginning. But if you want to venture and others to help take good clear pics of back of set. BTW Any time you connect or disconnect on a plasma you MUST disconnect power and wait at least 30 seconds for caps to drain before you do anything in relation to connect/disconnect.

Comment

thanks, heavy. as I was re-seating things I didn't hear any pops or smell anything (I know that may mean nothing). P board isn't generating any Vsus/Vda/15V. Attached some pictures. I appreciate any input!@
                            Attached Files

Comment

Reconnect X Sustin, disconnect Y Sustin both power cable and flat ribbon see if it changes to 6 blinking lights when powered on. remember safety precautions. Panny calls it the SC but is same as = Y Sustin which is also connected to SU and SD which is also called Upper and Lower buffer boards respectively. in case you didn't know.

EDIT: Details added.
                              Last edited by heavymachines; 03-17-2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

And you killed the buffer, surprised you didnt get a nice shock. Replace the buffer and learn how to test the SC, you almost fixed it lol
                                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

heavy, thanks, tried that, it changes to 8 blinks.

should i just replace both SS/SC? they're only ~$20/each on eBay.

Comment

No you don't want to start throwing boards at it . You will need a dmm to check for shorts. Reconnect Ymain both power and ribbon. Disconnect SS -Xmain see if code stays same at 8. It is easy to check all the boards for shorts. Youtube how to check buffer boards for shorts.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...orts+youtube&* click here to watch these basic short tests on different parts of plasma tvs. The basic rule remains the same for short checking boards.

EDIT>Also try changing up the search with different board names to get more specific results.
                                    Last edited by heavymachines; 03-18-2017, 02:41 PM. Reason: Helpful Details.

Comment

Also wanted to mention you will want to avoid ebay as much as you can and use them as last resort. Order your stuff from reputable sources when you can such as Shop Jimmy. Way Way to many folks selling total garbage on ebay. I have never ever received a bad part from SJ but plenty of junk on ebay even those with perfect feedbacks, usually due to poor packaging or just plain junk with open fuses so you know it was junk before it was shipped. I have gotten some good from fleabay but it's russian roulette more on losing side. My luck anyways and i'm sure others too.

Comment

Originally posted by joeblah View Post
                                        heavy, thanks, tried that, it changes to 8 blinks.

should i just replace both SS/SC? they're only ~$20/each on eBay.
                                        There's a few ways about this.

You can be surgical and work out what you stuffed or shotgun.

SC,SD,SU would be shotgun approach.

I just had a quick look around and about $40 for the lot plus the postage.

You would not even consider picking up a soldering iron for that cost.

I'd also buy spares while you can and also clean up the grounding points on the SC, either update the bolts to ones with washers and spring washers or tighten the old ones up really firm.

Original issue may even have been a loose SC. This series all fail with loose SC bolts arcing and it blows.

If you disconnect the SD/SU connectors at the SC, remove the SD/SU grounding bolts, then, at the SC, locate SC50 connector, jumper those 2 pins, turn the tv on and if it turns on you have a good SC.

Regardless, if you can get the boards this cheap, stock up with a spare set.

Unless the Panel goes kaput, it's a good size to keep running and you can bet next time you need the parts, there'll probably be nothing around or 5-10 times the price.

http://www.paylesscomponents.com/cat...t/?q=tc-p60s30

I guess it's electroparts for the SC? Should be safe 99% feedback and sold plenty of those boards
                                        Last edited by tw2005; 03-18-2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X