X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eeprom dump thread!

Originally posted by img1 View Post
    Thank you Lotas, I'll upload the dump later. Is the full dump is what you need or the main is enough (without the spare part)?

Is it normal in those Samsung NANDs if there are 60-90 thousands (!) of bit errors? I know it is less than 1% but it seems like fairly unstable.
    You will erase nand and show log programmers where the physical ones are and how many bad blocks (BB) are at which addresses. I don't need your dump.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
      You will erase nand and show log programmers where the physical ones are and how many bad blocks (BB) are at which addresses. I don't need your dump.
      Sadly it looks like the FlashCat Mach 1 programmer doesn't provide detailed information about the bad blocks:

Connected to FlashcatUSB Mach, firmware version: 2.29
      Voltage set to: 3.3V
      Detecting connected Flash device...
      Initializing Parallel NAND device mode
      I/O mode successfully initialized
      Attempting to automatically detect Flash device
      NAND clock speed set to: 20MHz
      Mode NAND X8 ASYNC returned ident code: 0xECD5847250
      Successfully detected device in NAND mode
      Connected to Flash (CHIP ID: 0xECD5847250)
      NAND device failed to load ONFI table
      Flash detected: Samsung K9GAG08U0E (2,176,843,776 bytes)
      Programming mode: Parallel I/O
      Page Information: 128 total pages; 8,192 bytes per page; 436 bytes extended size
      Block Information: 2,076 total blocks; 1,104,384 bytes per block
      Device interface: NAND (X8 3.3V)
      Loading NAND memory map for valid memory
      Total bad blocks: 1467
      NAND memory map complete: 77,952 pages available for access
      Flash device successfully detected and ready for operation
      Sent memory erase command to device: Samsung K9GAG08U0E
      Successfully erased NAND Flash device

What should I do? I didn't find any log files in the program files / FlashCat folder.

Comment

There can't be that many BBs "Total bad blocks: 1,467."
        Erase completely and check again.

Comment

Here is an approximate programmer log for bad blocks, indicating at which addresses they are located:

Request for bad blocks...Normal
          Number of bad blocks: 6
          Block 0x000D (13) address 0x00D00000 (0x00DB1200) Bad block
          Block 0x057B (1403) address 0x57B00000 (0x5C5ABE00) Bad block
          Block 0x058E (1422) address 0x58E00000 (0x5D9AEC00) Bad block
          Block 0x0645 (1605) address 0x64500000 (0x69A6C200) Bad block
          Block 0x06BE (1726) address 0x6BE00000 (0x719DCC00) Bad block
          Block 0x0819 (2073) address 0x81900000 (0x88754A00) Bad block

Comment

There can't be that many BBs "Total bad blocks: 1,467."
            Erase completely and check again.

Erased 3 times in a row. This is my full log what FlashCat software produces:

Welcome to the FlashcatUSB interfacing software, build: 645
            Copyright 2023 - Embedded Computers LLC
            Running on: Windows (64 bit)
            FlashcatUSB Script Engine build: 312
            Serial NOR memory database loaded: 502 devices supported
            Serial NAND database loaded: 67 devices supported
            Parallel NOR memory database loaded: 405 devices supported
            Parallel NAND memory database loaded: 273 devices supported
            Connected to FlashcatUSB Mach?, firmware version: 2.29
            OTP/UV EPROM memory database loaded: 46 devices supported
            Voltage set to: 3.3V
            Detecting connected Flash device...
            Initializing Parallel NAND device mode
            I/O mode successfully initialized
            Attempting to automatically detect Flash device
            NAND clock speed set to: 20MHz
            Mode NAND X8 ASYNC returned ident code: 0xECD5847250
            Successfully detected device in NAND mode
            Connected to Flash (CHIP ID: 0xECD5847250)
            NAND device failed to load ONFI table
            Flash detected: Samsung K9GAG08U0E (2,176,843,776 bytes)
            Programming mode: Parallel I/O
            Page Information: 128 total pages; 8,192 bytes per page; 436 bytes extended size
            Block Information: 2,076 total blocks; 1,104,384 bytes per block
            Device interface: NAND (X8 3.3V)
            Loading NAND memory map for valid memory
            Total bad blocks: 1455
            NAND memory map complete: 79,488 pages available for access
            Flash device successfully detected and ready for operation

About the full chip erase it doesn't provide detailed information, only 2 lines:

Sent memory erase command to device: Samsung K9GAG08U0E
            Successfully erased NAND Flash device

I'll try to find where it logs the BBs list. Or is it not worth that because is it a highly damaged NAND beyond 'point of no return' ?

Comment

Originally posted by img1 View Post
              I'll try to find where it logs the BBs list. Or is it not worth that because is it a highly damaged NAND beyond 'point of no return' ?
              No official BB list produced, so I managed to wrote down the BBs from the programs graphical interface. It is not less than 1455 (picture):

2-13, 137, 215-377, 471-497, 499-510, 512, 514-518, 520-522, 524-532, 534-535, 537-561, 563-568, 570-584, 586-619, 621-626, 628-632,
              634-640, 642-699, 701-753, 755-768, 770-790, 792, 794-835, 837-847, 849, 851-896, 898-916, 918-959, 961-1024, 1026-1051, 1053-1106,
              1108-1140, 1142-1152, 1154-1195, 1197-1206, 1208, 1210, 1212-1221, 1223-1271, 1273-1280, 1282-1291, 1293-1408, 1410-1428,
              1430-1487, 1489-1515, 1517-1521, 1523-1530, 1532, 1534-1536, 1538-1650, 1652-1664, 1666-1787, 1943, 2033-2040, 2043, 2074.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by img1; 09-16-2023, 03:40 AM.

Comment

But there cannot be so many physical Bad Blocks, it can be the remains of a dump and in it these BBs or the programmer considers them as ECC.
                Try to thoroughly clean all the legs of the Nand Flash from flux, rinse it in isopropyl alcohol and acetone, here you need good contact between the legs and the adapter itself.
                Last edited by lotas; 09-16-2023, 05:15 AM.

Comment

But there cannot be so many physical Bad Blocks, it can be the remains of a dump and in it these BBs or the programmer considers them as ECC.
                  Try to thoroughly clean all the legs of the Nand Flash from flux, rinse it in isopropyl alcohol and acetone, here you need good contact between the legs and the adapter itself.
                  I did it initially before I did anything (fiber glass pen + isopropyl alcohol), but I'll give it a second chance. Now I did it again.

Something I don't understand: when the software recognising the NAND the message is "loading NAND memory map for valid memory, total bad blocks: 1455". And when I fiddled with the "Analyze" button in the "NAND memory map" menu, a window popped up with "Warning, this operation will erase and overwrite all blocks, continue?". Yes, of course and the process finished less than a second and then the displayed green-black blocks changed to yellow with a question mark in them, and the title says "NAND blocks analyzed (0 bad blocks found). But if I redetect (reinitialize) the NAND, the number of the BBs remains 1455.

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, it’s strange here either the nand flash is completely dead (try to find exactly the same used or new one) or the programmer does not understand the algorithm of this nand, I have never had more than 10 physical BBs in this NAND.

Comment

Yes, it's strange here either the nand flash is completely dead (try to find exactly the same used or new one) or the programmer does not understand the algorithm of this nand, I have never had more than 10 physical BBs in this NAND.
                      I think the software is buggy. After I turned off the bad block management and erased the NAND and activated back the BB management, the number of the bad blocks decreased to 7. I really hope this is their valid number.

137, 657, 1943, 2033, 2039, 2040, 2074.

Comment

Yes, now it looks more like the truth, but for some reason the BB at address 2073 is not shown, it is present on everyone, even in these new nands.

Comment

Yes, now it looks more like the truth, but for some reason the BB at address 2073 is not shown, it is present on everyone, even in these new nands.
                          Interesting. What if we take it as bad, that won't be a problem if we don't write on that block, isn't it?

Edit: As I found I can manually discard blocks as bad blocks, so I discarded the 2073.

Edit 2: It is just temporary so not written onto the BB table. After I redetected the NAND the manually disabled block disappeared. Or maybe I did something wrong.
                          Last edited by img1; 09-16-2023, 09:30 AM.

Comment

This is what happened under your BB.
                            Attached Files

Comment

In private messages there is a link to your dump, write it down as is (without missing BB!).

Comment

Hi Lotas, I have this Roku 43" TV that the standby light is on but do not respond to power ON, I replace the CPU with a good one from a similar good board of a 32", problem was the same then I put the NAND from the 32" and the 43" turn ON, backlight turn ON, respond to remote control but no picture, then I read the original NAND and programmed on the new NAND, now the TV have stand by light and does not turn ON, I suspect those Roku TVs are reading the CPU serial number so they do not work with a new CPU, here are the 2 files:
                                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yvU...usp=drive_link
                                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T8m...usp=drive_link

Comment

Originally posted by luzmina View Post
                                  Hi Lotas, I have this Roku 43" TV that the standby light is on but do not respond to power ON, I replace the CPU with a good one from a similar good board of a 32", problem was the same then I put the NAND from the 32" and the 43" turn ON, backlight turn ON, respond to remote control but no picture, then I read the original NAND and programmed on the new NAND, now the TV have stand by light and does not turn ON, I suspect those Roku TVs are reading the CPU serial number so they do not work with a new CPU, here are the 2 files:
                                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yvU...usp=drive_link
                                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T8m...usp=drive_link
                                  start first with small and easy step.
                                  Software/firmware is 1st step then hardware.

Comment

Hi. I am looking for the firmware for an RCA RLDED4031A-RK (Canada). Main board TP.MS3393.P85.

EEPROM: 25Q16BSIG
                                    Right now the TV just has the red LED and does nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdoob View Post
                                      Hi. I am looking for the firmware for an RCA RLDED4031A-RK (Canada). Main board TP.MS3393.P85.

EEPROM: 25Q16BSIG
                                      Right now the TV just has the red LED and does nothing else.
                                      Post your non-working dump here, I'll take a look and maybe I'll fix it.

Comment

Post your non-working dump here, I'll take a look and maybe I'll fix it.
                                        The TV doesn't even come on, only the red LED is On. I have no way to get the dump. At least not that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdoob View Post
                                          The TV doesn't even come on, only the red LED is On. I have no way to get the dump. At least not that I know of.
                                          How are you going to program someone else’s dump of your flash, do you have a programmer? If there is, read the contents of your flash and post it here.
                                          If it does not go into operating mode, then most likely your firmware is damaged, you read the contents (dump) of your 25Q16BSIG and show it to me, I will restore it and it will be operational and then you will download my corrected dump and your TV will work again, when provided that the problem is in the firmware.
                                          Last edited by lotas; 09-22-2023, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X