This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eeprom dump thread!

xurplusxhop Your dump soft is live, try with the nvm cut out.
    Attached Files

Comment

Need help fixing dump for a Toshiba 32L310UL believed to be corrupt

Hello,

I would need help trying to fix this dump for a Toshiba 32L310U20 believed to be corrupt. I've searched everywhere, but could not find the firmware for this model.

When plugged in, the TV just turns on the red light, then off, then flashes 5 times. No response to power on, just stays off. If I unplug, and plug back in, again same scenario.

Many thanks, or if anyone has a working dump, it would be appreciated!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by rddube; 09-10-2023, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Re: Need help fixing dump for a Toshiba 32L310UL believed to be corrupt

Originally posted by rddube View Post
        Hello,

I would need help trying to fix this dump for a Toshiba 32L310U20 believed to be corrupt. I've searched everywhere, but could not find the firmware for this model.

When plugged in, the TV just turns on the red light, then off, then flashes 5 times. No response to power on, just stays off. If I unplug, and plug back in, again same scenario.

Many thanks, or if anyone has a working dump, it would be appreciated!
        Try
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Lotas,

Thank you so much, will give it a try! Why is there a jpg file attached, is it something that I need to do with?

Again, thanks and will give you feedback quickly!

Comment

Hello again,

Using my ch341a programmer as usual, I cannot erase the chip, it is giving me an erase verification error!

Not sure why, but does that mean that the chip might be faulty, or is there a trick to get access to it?

The chip is a Winbond W25Q64JV (3.3V).

I've alwayas used this programmer and it has always worked, first time this happens. When I try to erase I get an erase error, and the chip has not changed, same content!

Any ideas?

Comment

First try to remove the protection (status register), then try to erase it, you won’t be able to replace it with a new spi flash.

Comment

Ok, so succeeded in programming the chip, and we seem to be getting closer as the TV seems to turn on normally, but no backlights and no image on the screen. I can then turn it off and turn it back on, with a solid red light, but nos backlight, no image and no sound. Tks!

Comment

Woops, addendum Lotas, tv works perfectly with your fixed firmware. Yes! Had another problem in that backlight leds one of them was intermittent and was giving the false impression that the tv was not powering on. Got that led changed, and now were back to full steam ahead.

Thank you very much Lotas, another save from the dump!

Comment

Originally posted by rddube View Post
                    Woops, addendum Lotas, tv works perfectly with your fixed firmware. Yes! Had another problem in that backlight leds one of them was intermittent and was giving the false impression that the tv was not powering on. Got that led changed, and now were back to full steam ahead.

Thank you very much Lotas, another save from the dump!
                    Ok!

Comment

Hi Lotas!

I am searching for a dump of a(n infamous) K9GAG08U0E into my boot looping Samsung UE40D5500RWXXH. The Board ID is BN41-01660B, the NAND's position is IC1302. The original content can't be read correctly as it differs on every readout due to the failing NAND chip. I tried the usual trivias: cleaning the chip's pins with 99.99% isopropyl alcohol and a glass-fibre pen, reading with different readers and different TSOP48 sockets, lowering the read speed, changing the USB cables to shorter and more shielded, changing the USB ports, changing the USB controllers (Intel, Etron, ASMedia). I have some more ideas for heating up its package with hot air and supplying the slightly lifted Vcc from lab PSU but I don't want to spent unneccessary times with experimenting if I can get working solution from you guys.

Thank you!

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by img1 View Post
                        Hi Lotas!

I am searching for a dump of a(n infamous) K9GAG08U0E into my boot looping Samsung UE40D5500RWXXH. The Board ID is BN41-01660B, the NAND's position is IC1302. The original content can't be read correctly as it differs on every readout due to the failing NAND chip. I tried the usual trivias: cleaning the chip's pins with 99.99% isopropyl alcohol and a glass-fibre pen, reading with different readers and different TSOP48 sockets, lowering the read speed, changing the USB cables to shorter and more shielded, changing the USB ports, changing the USB controllers (Intel, Etron, ASMedia). I have some more ideas for heating up its package with hot air and supplying the slightly lifted Vcc from lab PSU but I don't want to spent unneccessary times with experimenting if I can get working solution from you guys.

Thank you!

Alex
                        Hello, I have a clean, clean dump without BB and ECC, but I need to know which physical BBs are present on your NAND Flash in order to prepare a dump for your NAND (so that the data does not end up on the BB).
                        P.S. And the data will always be different when reading NAND due to ECC errors.
                        Last edited by lotas; 09-12-2023, 04:36 AM.

Comment

hi, i am looking for the firmware for a samsung UE55KU6079U, BN41-02528A, BN94-10832C, panel CY-GK050HGNV5H.
                          the tv works but has no colors.

I wrote the memories with the bins from the ue50ku6092u, but it doesn't display anything. how could i solve it?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by webadv; 09-12-2023, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by webadv View Post
                            samsung UE55KU6079U, BN41-02528A, BN94-10832C, panel CY-GK050HGNV5H.
                            How can there be a TV with a “55” diagonal, and the panel costs from “50”, correct it.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                              How can there be a TV with a “55” diagonal, and the panel costs from “50”, correct it.
                              the board is on the diagonal of 55. but in the information about it it appears that it is ue50ku6092u. I wrote the bins for this model but it doesn't display anything anymore

Comment

the board is on the diagonal of 55. but in the information about it it appears that it is ue50ku6092u. I wrote the bins for this model but it doesn't display anything anymore
                                that's how I bought the TV. without the original motherboard
                                Last edited by webadv; 09-12-2023, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by webadv View Post
                                  that's how I bought the TV. without the original motherboard
                                  Return all the original dumps (if you saved them), here you just had to replace the dump (t-con) 25Q80.
                                  Or change it to your panel in service mode.
                                  Last edited by lotas; 09-12-2023, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Return all the original dumps (if you saved them), here you just had to replace the dump (t-con) 25Q80.
                                    Or change it to your panel in service mode.
                                    from the service menu you have nothing to do with them
                                    here are the files it works with
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by webadv; 09-12-2023, 07:05 AM.

Comment

These are his original dumps, if so, then return dumps 24c512 and 25Q40, and write down mine 25Q80.
                                      In service mode you can change the panel type!
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by lotas; 09-12-2023, 07:10 AM.

Comment

These are his original dumps, if so, then return dumps 24c512 and 25Q40, and write down mine 25Q80.
                                        In service mode you can change the panel type!
                                        I tried, but black screen

Comment

Hello, I have a clean, clean dump without BB and ECC, but I need to know which physical BBs are present on your NAND Flash in order to prepare a dump for your NAND (so that the data does not end up on the BB).
                                          P.S. And the data will always be different when reading NAND due to ECC errors.
                                          Thank you Lotas, I'll upload the dump later. Is the full dump is what you need or the main is enough (without the spare part)?

Is it normal in those Samsung NANDs if there are 60-90 thousands (!) of bit errors? I know it is less than 1% but it seems like fairly unstable.
                                          Last edited by img1; 09-12-2023, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X