LG 60pa6500 coloured lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60pa6500 coloured lines

I am having this problem with my lg 60pa6500. I have tested VA and VS voltages and they are bang on. All the caps look to be in good shape and I see no burnouts on any of the boards. I also checked for a short on the upper and lower driver boards and didn't find one (hoping I did it correctly). I do get a picture however I have these vertical lines with almost square pixel clusters of different colours. Any help with possible adjustments or an idea of which board may be bad would be hugely appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stoutman; 10-27-2016, 04:46 AM.

Re: LG 60pa6500 coloured lines

situation like this , I'm thinking logic control board and I'm pretty sure LG have them so you can run test patterns isolating the main AV board. If it was the same that would confirm logic, you just need the relevant manual or guide to confirm the procedure and the jumpers to short on the logic board
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tw2005; 10-27-2016, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Wow quick response on my first post. Thank you. I'll have to do some research on how to do what you suggest but I'm happy to have something else to look into now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoutman View Post
        Wow quick response on my first post. Thank you. I'll have to do some research on how to do what you suggest but I'm happy to have something else to look into now.
        If you open the image and zoom, bottom right there's two pads marked ext auto gen. they need to be shorted together and usually you disconnect the LVDS cable and the power cable from the mainboard. Then when power is applied to the PSU it should turn on and start generating test patterns, like solid colours and then maybe some patterns but if it's still scrambled as it is now them that logic board is no good.

generally that's the way it's done but I'm trying to find a guide to confirm it but there's bound to be someone who's worked on the LGs more.

I've never done it, just read of it

Only $14 at shopjimmy too if it is

Comment

Following Tom's advice in post #8 about test patterns, following that instruction it would appear they got the test patterns to generate.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=606849

Comment

You're awesome, thank you! Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoutman View Post
              You're awesome, thank you! Much appreciated.
              sure, post up what you find, etc.

Comment

Just got the logic board in today, installed it and everything is working perfectly again. Can't thank you enough.

Comment

Working...
                X