LG Plasma 42PG6010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG Plasma 42PG6010

How did you even measure it is my question ? Dcv 600v ? Black to chassis ground red to test point ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ocf View Post
      I got a fluke 101 in the post today.

I've retested the IGBT's from the Ysus board with the fluke and I am still not seeing anything from drain to source after applying +V probe on the gate.

WTH am I doing wrong?
      Your doing it wrong thats why, ignore the fets failing open almost never ever happens.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Originally posted by ocf View Post
        Thanks for the info mate, not great news but at least there is an answer. I might pop over to Swansea, you could upgrade the firmware for me.
        The trouble is as alastairE says
        I have the jig and the software to run it, but Not the files for that set, (I have many dozens of files as LG always had issues with M.D.)

LG Will NOT supply to anyone,--only so-called Appointed Stealers so we are all stuffed when these panels go over about 12-15K hours....

so not sure where you can locate the files from? its a big gamble but maybe a new board may have the new firmware on already installed. failing that you may have too break the set for parts and sell the boards etc or maybe try to sell the tv with the fault.

Comment

Interesting blog here -

https://ffseb.wordpress.com/tag/plasma-mal-discharge/

Comment

did you try a diffrent y sus in your set did you see any diffrence on the screen?

Comment

different y and Z sus are in it right now, no difference.

I found the ZBias, it was labeled VZ, reading at 100V spot on. There is also a pot next to it.

I need to get the test patterns off and see how the screen looks with different inputs. Might be able to get away with the mal discharge

Comment

maybe able to adjust the voltages a couple of volts higher mayhelp too?

Comment

Adjust the sus voltages give the pixels a higher voltage so they dont under discharge. Mainly adjust Vs, -VSC, Zbias a little higher but do not adjust Va at all.

Comment

I upped the Zbias and VSC voltages, didnt make any difference.

I found the pot for VS but no clear test point, checking voltage across the ceramic cap near the pot gave me 177v, adjusting the pot made the voltage change. Sure enough I found the VS voltage. Its supposed to be 193v. Even with the pot turned up to full I only am seeing 191v across the cap.

Could this be a contributing factor to the mal discharge issue?

Comment

Forgot to say no change in image after VS increase to 191v

Comment

all what you can do i guess is return all voltages too panel spec and run the set for a while see if it gets better with use.

Comment

I was measuring wrong, VS is ok.

I upped the voltages a little, I think there is a slight improvement as it appears the number of"sparkles" towards the top of the screen have reduced but they are still there.

Something to note is they appear worst at the bottom of the screen, this is also where I see the least improvement with the increased voltages. This area of the screen is where I spotted a BBC news banner burned in while running test patterns.

Strangely the burn in only ever showed briefly before the very first test pattern was displayed, never saw it again unless I turned the TV on and off. Always just before the first test pattern was loaded to the screen.

Comment

there are some good videos on youtube that can reduce burn in etc basically its a long video 2 hours i think of pure white screen although there are a few diffrent ones too choose from maybe worth running one of these for a couple of hours i recommended one of these videos to someone on bad caps a while ago he said it worked with the burn in issue.

Comment

Hi! My parents had this similar LG 42PG6010 set for years, had to replace some blown caps once. Now it's starting to act up again When turning on, it keeps flashing red light and clicks for a long time before light changes green and no picture. If you shut it down after that and immediately turn it back on, it wakes up and works flawlessly. There is also 2 pink lines on the screen, other one is solid and other one is coming and going, depends what kind of image is on the screen.

I'm pretty sure the startup issue is once again some bad capacitors but what about those annoying lines? I have already measured panel voltages and they seem to be okay, also I didn't see any bulging caps (although that doesn't mean they are bad).

Comment

Working...
                              X