Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P55vt30 no picture

Hi everybody. I picked up a 55vt30 for free and it was in primo condition,
    Had the stand, manual, remote and even 2 pair of glasses.

I then picked up another identical not working and he wanted $150.00 which still wasn't bad, but I offered him $80.00 and he accepted.

I bought one kit to get one running first and then I was going to move on to the next one. The kit was from US so i thought the parts would be ok.

I did not check the 30f131 as the post from tw2005 suggested but apparently they were purchased as the usual fake China ones. I blew all six at turn on. I then checked some other 30f131's and they were all steady readings at about 1.8 meg.

I only had 3 that matched and the other 3 I replaced with the 30h2 and it came on and worked. I have run it about 6 hours and its quiet and runs cool.

Thought I would share that story. Do you think the 30h2"s are a better option or should I keep using the 30f131 and checking them before installation?

Re: Panasonic TC-P55vt30 no picture

I hate to try to have the guts to fix mine, maybe once my hot air station arrives.

Comment

If you keep getting hit with fake 30F131 and the Renesas 30H2 turn out to be more reliable, stick with those

Comment

I also had bad renesas 30H2 from china. The first board that i fixed was with FGD4536TM and i ordered ALOT of them. They also run cool on a GT30. The board on a 42VT30 gets warmer though.

I'll stick with the FGD4536TM!
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
          If you keep getting hit with fake 30F131 and the Renesas 30H2 turn out to be more reliable, stick with those
          Thanks, I guess no matter which way I go, its probably best to check them before installing. I am not sure your readings cause I couldn't pull up your video at work.

When I checked the ones I had, They would start at 1.9 meg on first check and then drop down to .600 meg and sometimes lower.

I used the ones that stayed consistent at about 1.8 meg. no matter how many times I checked them.

I had some that were 29k which I shit canned.

What readings are you looking for when testing out of circuit? Am I on the right track with the consistent 1.8 meg

Apparently it worked cause the tv is up and running, but whats the lowest reading I should go with. Thanks
          Last edited by gdawg; 08-16-2016, 05:39 PM. Reason: word

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
            I also had bad renesas 30H2 from china. The first board that i fixed was with FGD4536TM and i ordered ALOT of them. They also run cool on a GT30. The board on a 42VT30 gets warmer though.

I'll stick with the FGD4536TM!
            I guess all these are compatible so maybe I will get some of each. You can fix these boards pretty cheap, but when they blow up cause of crappy parts, it sure is a waste of time.

Comment

You can test IGBTs with your meter set to diode mode, to make sure they switch. Put your black lead on the emitter , red lead first to gate then across to the collector, your meter should show a reading. keeping your meter in this position short the collector and gate with your finger, the reading on the collector should go.If the IGBT being tested does not show a reading form the collector after being primed by the red lead to gate or the reading does not go after being discharged with your finger across the gate and collector, then the IGBT is faulty. ( this all depends on the voltage that your meter shows across its leads in diode mode and the data for the IGBT gate voltage, but for most IGBTs found on Tv boards this will work ) So you will see from the above that trying to probe in resistance you will not get a satisfactory result apart from showing shorts ( low ohms across E/G /C) Hope this is of help, there are demos of this test that can be found on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                You can test IGBTs with your meter set to diode mode, to make sure they switch. Put your black lead on the emitter , red lead first to gate then across to the collector, your meter should show a reading. keeping your meter in this position short the collector and gate with your finger, the reading on the collector should go.If the IGBT being tested does not show a reading form the collector after being primed by the red lead to gate or the reading does not go after being discharged with your finger across the gate and collector, then the IGBT is faulty. ( this all depends on the voltage that your meter shows across its leads in diode mode and the data for the IGBT gate voltage, but for most IGBTs found on Tv boards this will work ) So you will see from the above that trying to probe in resistance you will not get a satisfactory result apart from showing shorts ( low ohms across E/G /C) Hope this is of help, there are demos of this test that can be found on youtube
                Thanks, that does help. I was just using resistance to try and pair up similar readings. I will check out the U-Tube video also. Always learning!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X