No announcement yet.

Vestel Bush LED40127FHDCNTD turns off and on 17MB95S-1 V314H Corrupt firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel Bush LED40127FHDCNTD turns off and on 17MB95S-1 V314H Corrupt firmware

Hi All

Got this bush that comes on then turns off after 60 seconds

Cant do anything with the remote while its on

Suspected corrupt firmware so want to re flash but cant find the firmware anywhere

Iv seen quite a few posts on this but looks like they are different versions and i dont want to kill the board

Mine is 17MB95S-1 V314h MB95S

does anyone have this firmware or is there a factory reset option that might kick it out this loop ?
    Attached Files

Re: Vestel Bush LED40127FHDCNTD turns off and on 17MB95S-1 V314H Corrupt firmware

Ive got the 46in version of this set i couldnt find the firmware anywhere myself so ordered a pre programmed chip from ohms supplies was about £23.00 i think but solved the issue and im still using the tv now myself.What maybe worth a try is too freeze your eeprom chip and see if it starts up ok (i didnt try this i dont think on mine)

Comment

Re: Vestel Bush LED40127FHDCNTD turns off and on 17MB95S-1 V314H Corrupt firmware

cant see the chip but they do have a USB with the upgrade file on

UPG122 BUSH LED40127FHDCNTD 17MB95S-1 VES400UNES-04 COMPAIBLE SOFTWARE UPGRADE

I dont fancy paying £15 for something i can download, someone must have the file

Comment

i wish they had the usb for mine would have been cheaper i also should of read my chip and saved the file too, but forgot at the time as had to repair a pad trace i lifted/broke so wanted to make sure the set worked etc.

Comment

Have a look at Reeceyburbers videos on youtube--It demos how to extract the F/W from the set then re-load Back to the same set to cure the issue...
          TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
          http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
          PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Cheers Ali check this repair kit out might fix the fault, it cures random reboots and lock outs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VESTEL-17M...sAAOSw6oBXEj5g
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

If all else fails--I have 'nearly' the same set in Toshiba clothes, Samsung panel--with buggered LED's on me bench which is first job Wednesday. and its a MB95...

When I get that LED sorted, I could try and read out into USB stick its F/W...
              (Not done this before--so it'll be good to get into it...)

Problem with these bloody Vestel turds--SO many different versions, the F/W needs to account for the Panel make/type, Tuner make/type etc...
              TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
              http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
              PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

thanks for the input guys

Not going so well, i tried freezing the Firmware chips to see if i could dumb to USB and now the set wont power on

It flashes red then powers back lights while still flashing red, does this for about 60 seconds then back-light off and starts the cycle again

If no one has the fimeware dump i will have to buy the USB from CHS and update that way.

If it is a hardware fault it wont take long to corrupt again and i will get the suggested kit from ebay

will post back findings and files

Comment

Originally posted by noledud View Post
                  thanks for the input guys

Not going so well, i tried freezing the Firmware chips to see if i could dumb to USB and now the set wont power on

It flashes red then powers back lights while still flashing red, does this for about 60 seconds then back-light off and starts the cycle again

If no one has the fimeware dump i will have to buy the USB from CHS and update that way.

If it is a hardware fault it wont take long to corrupt again and i will get the suggested kit from ebay

will post back findings and files
                  This is exactly the same as my faulty set regarding the flashing led and back lights i wonder whats in that ebay kit? also can the eeprom chips go faulty i wonder if its worth replacing this first before you update the firmware.

Comment

A Single mosfet and location number

Comment

Yeah we need the part and location. Buy the kit and tell us please it should fix it
                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

hi guys

right iv taken one for the team, well 2 in fact.

Iv ordered the USB and the repair kit, will post back details and files once arrived

Comment

Why ? It will fail again a few days after reflashing it trust me. Could you possibly upload the firmware on the site too as it can help others ? Also keep us updated

Comment

Repair kit arrived

only has one component

U9 RT7240A

will let you know how i get on after fitting it.

Comment

Ok cheers

Comment

hi guys

Still not fitted repair kit yet just not had time, the upgrade files have now arrived so im going to try that then see if it corrupts again then fit the kit.

whats the best way to upload files

Comment

Ok cool let us know how it goes Remember follow the kit exactly as it says as well as you can easily mess it up and destroy the board.

Comment

in post 16 if your asking to too update using the usb supplied? maybe this thread reece has done will help
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52483

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                      in post 16 if your asking to too update using the usb supplied? maybe this thread reece has done will help
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52483
                                      Cheers Vince, Ohm supplies give instructions with them as well

Comment

cheers reece handy too know.

Comment

Working...
                                        X