Panasonic Viera P55GT31 7 blinks to 8 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Viera P55GT31 7 blinks to 8 blinks

I'm trying to do a favor for a friend with a non working P55GT31. It was showing the 7 blink error. I unplugged both cables going to the SC board, plugged it back in and powered it on, now it's showing 8 blinks. What do I need to look at now? Or is the tv just toast?

Re: Panasonic Viera P55GT31 7 blinks to 8 blinks

focus on sc,sd,su boards. search for other posts, there are many for same model or

p50 gt, vt or st 30, p55gt,st,vt 30.

or tnpa5335

should be enough to find the info to fault find it to what board/s.

important to make sure the buffer boards are ok.

if it's just the sc then consider PTSelectronics inc for a rebuild as a safe option.

Comment

Alright, I did a search, found out about the sc 50 test. I did that, still have 7 blinks, which shows the SC board is the problem. I also saw several posts referring to a way to test the SU and SD boards. Does anyone have a link showing how to perform those tests?

Comment

here's some resistance values at the connectors sd42,su41 pins as listed
        red probe on the vfg plate(gnd plate which bolts to the sc ).

SD42,

1 Vfo 4.76M
        2.Vscn_f 7.79M
        6. VF5V 28.1K

SU41

8. Vfo 5.52 Meg
        6.Vscn_f 9 meg
        2. VF5V 28.4k

Comment

My experience with SC ( seven blinks ) and SS ( eight blinks ) failure indicates a very common repair principle over-looked ! If you ever get to work on one with the obvious symptom of buzzing noise coming from the SC and/or SS boards you will appreciate what I am about to tell you.I just finished a thorough final complete repair on a TC-P55VT50.
          I opened to find very loose screws on SC and one or two loose on SS. Panasonic has said replace with new ( Part # XYN3+F6FJ-18PK ) [ NO LONGER AVAILABLE ]!!
          I had one package left so I want this repair solid and no recall down the line.
          Do not attempt this repair by simply tightening the original screws !! Practice Visual
          Acuity and closely examine the ground surfaces on each screw removed. You will find black evidence of bad ground connects on the top and bottom of each ! Clean ( I scrape with razor blade ) ALL ground contact points even where board sits on chassis pan. Do not use original screws ! They are cheap junk ! Next, take the time to properly solder all the legs of every FET that look suspect on SC and SS ! Thankfully,my good customer brought his in with the " buzzes" symptom before it crashed hard doing harm as we all have seen ! One recent customer telling me he heard buzzing some days before the "loud bang" ! So, please address what starts many catastrophic failures = bad ground connects !! My repair is on test run with speakers off and is totally quiet !

The procedures just described will save many Panasonic TV's!

HTH

Comment

Working...
          X