No announcement yet.

Panasonic 50VT30 , Blinking 7 times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic 50VT30 , Blinking 7 times.

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
    Yes all those IGBT's measured short before i did the repair. Replaced them all for new ones , fired it up with the SC jumper. Panel came on for 1/2 sec and green leds on. Then it shut off to 6 blinks. All parts that i replaced with Q in front of it are still ok.
    yeah, that's interesting then. So i'm reading what you've written literally here.

Sc50 jumpered, Panel came on 1/2sec.

Can you expand on that a little, sc50 jumped suggests no buffers, panel lit suggest buffers present and connected?

All I can suggest at the moment is to probe all the diodes including the smaller SMD ones for shorts

Comment

Does that mean that im lucky? Can i connect pin 5 and 6 together? NC means , no connection or?
      just leave 5 as it is, and yes no connection, you can see vince's diagram

Comment

If you did IC502, did Q531 get replaced

Comment

Sorry TW2005. First of all many thanks for helping me out , i'm still learning and i want to learn everything about Panasonic plasma's so forgive my ignorance.

I repaired the board by replacing ALL 30F1313 and RJP30H2A + All components from the repair kit. Only parts i did not replace were the RFN20 , still waiting for those to arrive.
          After replacing those components i installed the board into the tv without the bufferboards. Used a harddisk jumper for SC50 and turned the tv on.

Tv made a small noise and the green leds came on. ( green led on SC and SS ). Tv made a noise , sounds like a cracked panel noise. this was like 1 or 2 secs and it went to 6 blinks.

Same sound as on your GT30
          I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

No , Q531 i still need to replace. ( I have it brand new )

Just left the board as is for you guys to jump in.
            I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Sorry TW2005. First of all many thanks for helping me out , i'm still learning and i want to learn everything about Panasonic plasma's so forgive my ignorance.

I repaired the board by replacing ALL 30F1313 and RJP30H2A + All components from the repair kit. Only parts i did not replace were the RFN20 , still waiting for those to arrive.
              After replacing those components i installed the board into the tv without the bufferboards. Used a harddisk jumper for SC50 and turned the tv on.

Tv made a small noise and the green leds came on. ( green led on SC and SS ). Tv made a noise , sounds like a cracked panel noise. this was like 1 or 2 secs and it went to 6 blinks.

Same sound as on your GT30
              Sounds like it could be similar scenario but what's throwing me a little is how Q661(RJP63G4, Q621-623 30F131, none are showing short? Those diodes nearby, the RFN... and the DAF30, just probe centre pinto either leg, any shorts?

I'm just about out of time, also that white opto nearby, set meter to diode and probe in both directions pin 1-3, what readings you get. Pin one is the dot

Comment

All RFN + DAF30 and others are ok , no shorts. Measured as you said.

Im measuring "OL" on pin 1 and 3.

Comment

All RFN + DAF30 and others are ok , no shorts. Measured as you said.

Im measuring "OL" on pin 1 and 3.
                  in cct using diode , both ways OL? weird

PC685, has a 10k resistor across 1-3, and in diode i get 1.46. 1.68

gotta go

Comment

Took a different meter. I measuring 1.38 and nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                      Thanks for the link i will look into buying one.
                      Pace soldering station is the best thing I have ever bought, it can do anything, if your into repairs in a big way .

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                        I recently got a cheap Hot Air station. To be honest, either desolder and lift the legs or cut the legs, get a 40W iron with a medium chiesel, flow solder on the metal tab and just let the heat soak in and pretty soon it will bubble and just come off.

I tried the hot air on its own but too slow but the hot air and the soldering iron is quicker again especially once there is a bit of heat in the board given that the board is the heatsink.

Maybe buy in bulk if you're doing a few of these. I got 12 each of the 30f131, RJP30H2 just in case , I'm currently touching wood but the TV is still going but there's a fair amount of heat in these boards, really could do with better heatsinking, but hey, it's more important to have a really thin TV than to have bulky heatsinks
                        You really need to get a board pre heater, it makes SMD solder work so much easier and you resolder the IGBTs in a whole lot quicker without risking
                        De lamination of the pcb .

Comment

I should be getting my sc board back on Friday. You guys are scaring me. Lol

Comment

Haha ,

The Weller soldering station works perfectly for IGBT's also! I replaced IC502 and Q531 , is it safe to try it again?

Comment

Installed the board again with SC50 jumper. Again both green leds come on and turn off with 6 blinks.

All parts are still ok , no shorts. I think i might be having a bad opto? Can i use any optocoupler from Panasonic SC board?

Btw , im measuring 215V before it shuts off. Didn't you have a similar situation TW2005?
                              Last edited by Moreno83; 03-02-2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I dont know if this matters, but if I didn't move my buffers away from the SC then I would get a terrible buzz from the SC. I shut it down quick. I found just removing the ground screws and disconnecting the electrical isn't enough. I would unscrew the buffers from the panel and flip them up or rest them on something. No more horrible buzz when testing the SC with SC50 is jumped.

Comment

MY buffers are completely removed from the tv.

I took the board back to work. I think there is something wrong with my Fluke meter. ( Bad setting or something ).
                                  With the fluke meter at work im measuring 1.4 and 1.8 in diode mode on pin 1-3
                                  No shorts on all components.

Comment

I'd say ok, besides if it was bad I'd expect you to have the same repeated failures and shorts i did.

You say nothing is blowing up, that's good I guess. Last time I had a situation like that was on a 5081 board where I missed a shorted diode. Nothing was blowing up but it made a loud buzz and shutdown 6 blinks.

So I can't offer much more at the moment. check soldering, accidental bridges, driver IC installed the right way around?

Sorry out of ideas but gut feeling is something shorted.

And you've checked all these types of diodes.

Comment

I'll check those parts when i have my break from work. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Ps i replaced 30f131 for RJP30H2 , does that matter? Repair set said it was ok.

Comment

Ps i replaced 30f131 for RJP30H2 , does that matter? Repair set said it was ok.
                                          I doubt that's the issue. I think the H2 have a higher peak rating but the ST30 I have used neither and it's happily running on the subs I chose.

Comment

Working...
                                          X