No announcement yet.

Panasonic 50VT30 , Blinking 7 times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic 50VT30 , Blinking 7 times.

I checked all diodes and they are all ok. Rechecked all IGBT's + big diodes like D401 and they are all ok! I will clean up the board and search for bad soldering but i doubt that's the issue.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
      I checked all diodes and they are all ok. Rechecked all IGBT's + big diodes like D401 and they are all ok! I will clean up the board and search for bad soldering but i doubt that's the issue.
      How about those devices lurking under the heatsinks?

Comment

I was thinking the same. Will remove the heatsinks and check those.
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
          I was thinking the same. Will remove the heatsinks and check those.
          no, should be able to get in there without disturbing those heatsinks. may have to scratch around a bit. there's diodes and IGBTs

Comment

I tested ALL THE IGBT's and ALL diodes on the board and they are all ok. Rechecked my soldering under a microscope and its all ok.

How do i test IGBT? ---> Diode mode , prope on left and red leg and no beep. prope on mid leg and other one on left/right and again no beep.

How do i test diode? --> Diode mode , prope on middle leg. Other prope on left leg and other way around. I measure a number and i measure OL.

I reflowed all IGBT's and diodes again and installed the board. Same symptom! Green led on SC/SS boards come up and disappear and tv shuts off. Without SC50 jumper i get 7 blinks. With SC jumper i get 6 blinks. With SC20 removed i get 8 blinks.

Over the whole board there is some orange looking "wax" , This was done in the factory as its on almost every component on the board. Is this normal or must the board be clean?

The only thing i can think of is replacing all IGBT's by its original component and try again??

Ps , i checked the opto with a colleague of mine who is a oficial philips tv repair man and he said the components and the optocoupler are all ok. He even suggested to test the resistors and they all measure ok.

Im lost and looking for help

Comment

I unplugged the SC20 ribbon cable and the C20 ribbon cable. Turned on tv and tv stays on. Fans run , black screen. According to shop jimmy the SC board has to be replaced so im 100% sure the SC board is bad.

I have absolutely no clue where to begin. I'll start desoldering all IGBT's and diodes again and start from the beginning. I

Can this be a bad panel? Don't hope so... haha
              Last edited by Moreno83; 03-03-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have the service manual for this model? Or is the service manual for the GT30 the same? I want to measure the components with help from the schematics.

Comment

I might have found the problem with this TV.

I removed all IGBT's and some Diode's and i was about to remove Q423 and noticed that R423 was looking weird ( totally black ). Checked for ohms and it was going up and down. ( It has to be 7.5 ). Checked for continuity and there is none. Going to clean up the board and check all components. This board is really dirty just out of the factory.

Comment

Yeaahh! Good news! TV "WORKS"!!!

What happend is that when i first started repairing this tv i used a heatgun to remove the IGBT's and diodes. R423 was broken in 2 pieces because of the heat but it looked dirty instead of broken so i did not pay an attention to it.
                    It did not just break into 2 pieces , also the pad was gone when i removed it carefully. I just bridged the resistor and the IGBT.

I was checking all SMALL diodes and resistors because when a short happens it most of the time takes the small resistors together with the IGBT's. ( they rarely go bad ).

I now will install the buffer boards and see how the picture is and test it for a few hours/week before i sell it.

Thanks everybody for the help! My very first TNPA5335 repair!!
                    Last edited by Moreno83; 03-04-2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Installed buffer boards and removed SC50 jumper. Tv stayed on for 2/3secs and shut down with 8 blinks. Grrr

Comment

Removed the cable going to SS board. Tv stays on with black screen! Reconnected the SS cable going to power supply and turned tv on.

Screen comes up with a very faint picture and shuts off with 8 blinks. It will run fine with SC connected.

I'll remove the SS board , or is this mainboard?
                        Last edited by Moreno83; 03-04-2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

I removed just the small ribbon cable going from mainboard to the SS board and the tv stays on with a black screen.
                          If i reconnect the same cable the picture comes on but its distorted/fainted. Screen lights up for like 1 or 2 seconds.

Is this a SS or mainboard problem?

Comment

A quick read of this thread does indicate it could be the ss board did you have all the screws in it etc.
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30689

Comment

Hmm not sure. All diodes and IGBTS on the SS board are fine. Also with cable removed between the SS and the mainboard the tv stays on......

Comment

Anyone who can help me?

Comment

UPDATE!

I placed the tv down on a table and turned it on. Suprisingly it stays on and shows a picture with lines...

Looks like a bad connection somewhere , i might strip the complete tv and find the fault.....

Attached Files

Comment

Lines were bad seated ribbon cables on the buffer boards.

Tv now works but only when its laying on the panel itself. I dont have the foot for the tv.....
                                    I think that the weight of the tv is actually bending a board or something. Tv is so thin that it cant have much pressure i guess??
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm working perfectly on its back also! Thank god the panel is ok haha!

Great picture!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

pic#2 "Het is heel fijn that dit werkt".....Ya I bet,haha..

In english it says "Very nice that this is working"
                                        Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Haha!! Timing or what? He said what i was thinking....

Tv is working fine , turns on and off as it should. Sometimes on white area's i get purple sparkles which come and go so it needs a little fine tuning but thats for tomorrow.....

If i didn't place the tv flat on a table i would still be thinking; "What is wrong with this tv...??? "

Comment

Working...
                                          X