LG 42PC3D control board issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42PC3D control board issue

I've been working through an issue with my 42"LG. The initial symptom was that I had lost the picture but still had sound. I jumped on this forum and with some searching it looked like a Y or ZSUS board issue. I found an open fuse on the YSUS board but all looked good on the ZSUS. My other observation was that I got a sag in Vs (168Vdc) just before shutdown. I checked the power supply outputs and all were spot on otherwise. I sent the suspect board to Coppell for repair, but after re installation the same symptom remained. At this point I ordered a ZSUS board from Coppell and a buffer board. So long story short after installing these components still have the same issue. So now I'm looking at the control board and have made a few observations. First, if I disconnect the input to the control board the set will remain on with a white screen and a normal Vs of 186Vdc (per sticker on chassis). Also I noticed that there are four LEDS marked D12 through 15. All are solid green except D15 which is not lit. Is this normal or am I looking at a bad board. Any input from you guys would be appreciated. Warren

Re: LG 42PC3D control board issue

Anyone have experience with this issue in particular normal state of LED's D11-15 on the control board? Thanks, Warren

Comment

Posting pictures of the back of your tv showing the boards with clear pictures may help you more with fixing your problem

Comment

Will do. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X