• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung ps42c450b Pink Banding

Good evening
    recently trying to fix this model but im stuck with the following
    problem.I have a pink band going along the center of the screen
    but you can only see this on a white background,all voltages are good VS/VA/VE/VSCAN
    i cant find no shorts on the ysus and xsus but changed the xsus just in case but still the same
    Also found some brief information on google where the panel can be at fault but unsure if this is correct
    Any help appreciated
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sordids999; 10-09-2015, 01:59 PM.

Re: Samsung ps42c450b Pink Banding

You can try increasing VS voltage on the power supply. Watch while this screen is on. You may be able to tune that out.

What happens if the panel ages and to compensate for that effect you increase the vs output voltage. Increase this poteometer slightly until the pink band disappears and then after that just give it ever so slight increase again to prevent it from coming back.

I've done this on a few TVs now.

As a reminder be super careful while you're playing around in the power supply with the TV on there is lethal voltage there. But I'm sure you already knew that lol

For some reason some panels age like this and some dont on the C Series. The most famous for doing this is a C 8000 58 inch
    Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-09-2015, 02:31 PM.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I have the exact same issue on the Ps50c450b1w cant seem to sort it will follow this thread cheers.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Update the control board firmware, this can be done using a normal TV firmware update over USB. Samsung has released updated firmware which *may* fix this issue.
        Last edited by tom66; 10-09-2015, 03:31 PM.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Already tried this tom but no different but ill try adjusting the VS
          thanks

Comment

If you update the firmware to the logic board I believe this has to be done in hotel mode.

There's quite a bit of information on the internet about how to get around and do this with a USB stick

Comment

The tv was on 1023.1 but i have already upgraded to T-TDT5DEUC-1024.1 but didnt realise you needed to do it in hotel mode but it wont update now in hotel mode it just say no update needed etc

Comment

I'm not sure if this pertains to your exact TV or not but the c8000 58 inch required a special firmware to have the TV put in hotel mode and do a USB update that way. The regular firmware update for the TV done by a USB stick in the main menu did not change the algorithm control on the logic board to adapt to panel age. However on this particular model the only way to get around it was a special way of putting the TV into hotel mode and do the update that way. Other than that a Samsung authorized factory remote control was required.

Comment

did ajusting the VS work for the pink banding, just asking as i have a bush 42 inch plasma, cant remember the model, that as the same problem, but is a ps42c450 samsung inside,
                  all the boards are the same part numbers.

Comment

I have the Ps50c450 same issue, I updated firm ware in normal and hotel mode didn't help, lowered Vs and other respective voltages didn't help, I checked all screws were tightened down didn't help. Not too sure if its just the Pdp wearing out these are cheap ones I know that for sure seen the C450 series panels fail lots of times.
                    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 10-14-2015, 06:35 AM.
                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

right update :

went in samsung service menu turned on hotel mode like freakaftr8 suggested then inserted usb and used the clone usb option in the menu
                      increased VS to 212 volts Vscan to -197 Volts Ve is reading 100 Volts and at the moment its looking good so fingers crossed

Comment

Nice.
                        Did you manage to see how many power-on hours it had in the service menu?
                        (Panel display time or similar)
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

if i remember right due to me doing a reset it had possible 17000 hours cant remember exact amount

Comment

Im going to try this on mine later hopefully sort it

Comment

Good work! On mine I had to increase the VS and increase VE by two or three volts for some reason on the ysus and decrease vscan by about 10 volts to achieve perfect picture because increased vs caused a little bit of maldischarge.

these newer Samsung plasmas came out of the factory with just the bare minimum settings on voltages to try to keep down the power consumption to compete with the ever-growing led Industries. Of course the outcome eventually was plasmas were being phased out but in order to keep up with UL standards they had to be able to achieve a consumption per hour basis. This was only been able to be done by keeping these voltages at the bare minimum of course with panel wear you're going to see those voltages need to be increased over time to keep up with what was not a problem in the past where manufacturers game ample amount of room for panel wear with their adjustments
                              Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-15-2015, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Does anyone here have access to the PDP logic files? I need the [2D58] LOGIC.BIN for a Samsung PN58C590. I've found both versions of the 3D logic file, but unfortunately not the one I need. I'd really like to try updating the logic before opening the back panel. The service bulletin referencing the file is ASC20130528001.

Thanks,
                                Chris

Comment

Went ahead and pulled the back of the TV and adjusted Vs to 213. After that and recalibrating my screen settings the banding is gone.

I don't understand why Samsung doesn't release the updated logic files. You'd think if they had a fix that didn't involve customers pulling a back panel and adjusting voltages, they'd want the customer using it.

Comment

Good deal

I think the logic files just lower the response time or something to the tune to deal with the lack of voltage. Evidently increasing voltage is the fix anyway and not mocking the issue.
                                    Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-22-2015, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Gotcha. Well I was a little concerned removing all the screws on a 58" plasma with the panel still in the stand, but got through it ok. Plus it gave me the opportunity to hit the boards with some canned air. Hopefully I'll get a few more problem free years out of this TV.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                      X