Vertical Black Lines Equally Spaced Samsung PS50C6900YK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical Black Lines Equally Spaced Samsung PS50C6900YK

Hope someone can help! I have had a Samsung PS50C6900YK for the last 4 years. Last week I removed it from the wall to redecorate the house, putting it back on now shows thin black lines which are equally spaced. I am not sure if somehow I have knocked a connection off or if it has just gone like this due to its age.

I have tried unplugging it from the mains power and re-plugging it back in and also testing it at different power point, however no luck.

I did try to remove all the back off it to check if there were any loose connections however there was one screw that just kept turning and I couldn't get it off completely. I did have a good look and could not really see anything loose. I will have to either drill this screw out or chisel the head off to remove the back completely.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what could be causing these lines or is time to go and buy a new TV? I don't mind ripping it apart and having a go at fixing it.
    Attached Files

Re: Vertical Black Lines Equally Spaced Samsung PS50C6900YK

Most likely, it's a control board fault. There's a chance the main board is bad, but that is less likely.

There's a simple test you can do which will tell you what board is at fault. Can you remove the back cover and get some clear photos of the boards within?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yes I will get that done for you and post. May take a few days to get round to doing it though!

Comment

Hi Tom

Please find picture attached. Thanks for your time on this.
        Attached Files

Comment

you will have to remove the metal cover then take a close up picture of the control board,so you can do test patterns to determine if its the control board or main board at fault
          Attached Files

Comment

Is this ok?
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes - if only everyone's pictures were as good!

First, make sure to unplug the TV power.

Top left of the control board, there's a 4 pin header/connector marked CN2010. Put a short across pins 3 and 4 (a clip or hard-drive jumper usually works.) Then, disconnect the copper coloured ribbon just below the header. To disconnect it, flip up the black plastic latch and gently tug on the cable.

Then, plug in the TV. Turn it on using the normal methods. The TV should display a sequence of test patterns. If the lines still appear over the test patterns, the control board is bad. If not, the main board is bad.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom. Test done, the lines remained as the TV went through the sequence of colours so it is the control board. Again appreciate your help and quickness for me.

Comment

Cool.
                  Just to confirm:

Control board = one with test pattern jumper on it
                  Main board = HDMI inputs etc.

Comment

Lol, yeah, I actually typed the numbers in from the main board into Google thinking it was the control panel!

Comment

Back again!. I got a used board off ebay, fitted it today however now it shows half black and half white screen with no picture. Installed the original and it went back to how it was before with vertical lines. The seller refunded me instantly!

The only difference between the two boards I can see is the text on the white sticker in the middle of the board, mine says 50" US2 945Eh 100416 SEC 3D however the one I received says 50UF2P SEC 100625 6B87h. For the new board I am trying source does this number have to be exactly the same as well? Just trying to find one with my code but not having any luck.

Any recommendations on where I can get one?

Comment

Did your new board have the "3D" sticker on it? wondering if that might cause the issue.
                        Try places like flattvparts, and lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk (the guy that runs that site appears on here frequently)

Comment

Yeah it had the 3d sticker. Thanks I'll give those sites a go. Thanks again.

Comment

All sorted now, purchased the board from http://www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk/ and it has fixed the lines.

Thanks for all your help Tom.

Comment

Nice. Enjoy the TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X