Vizio NS-PDP50HD Wont show picture but shows sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio NS-PDP50HD Wont show picture but shows sound

Picked up a Vizio(NS-PDP50HD) 50 inch plasma that won't show a picture. The guy I got it from said that it has sound but no picture. I opened it up and the relay click twice when I plug it in, push the power button and the relay clicks and again and the logic board light come on and flash but it doesn't seem like a error code.

The power supply unit, has a whining noise coming from it too. When I push the power button, the whining changes. I attached a picture that has the one circled that is making noise.

I was thinking that the PSU need replaced but wanted to see what everyone thinks. I have checked the voltage yet but I did check the fuse on the PSU and it checked out.
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio NS-PDP50HD Wont show picture but shows sound

I'd check the panel voltages first and if they are normal then maybe start at the ymain and buffers . There maybe bad caps on that PSU or something loading it down making it whine but I would not just rush out and get a PSU in hope

Comment

Re: Vizio NS-PDP50HD Wont show picture but shows sound

Okay.... I am a newbie at the this tv stuff.

I read that no picture but sound is normally a Y sustain Fault. Everyone is talking about the voltages, where do i check the voltages? The power leads from the PSU?? It also talks about a fuse on the y sustain board but I can't find one.

I attached a picture that I labeled, it is what I under stand the parts to be. Please correct me if I am wrong or point me in the direction of some newbie materials.

thanks,
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X