LG 50PS60 UA Plasma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50PS60 UA Plasma

I think your Z-sustain may be bad. If you run the set for some time, then turn it off, see if the heatsinks on the Z-sustain feel noticeably cooler than the Y-sustain. I am confused though - I thought you had the vertical lines issue which was the Y-sus/buffers. And then the Z-sustain goes bad. It's very odd. Definitely not an easy first project!
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

This first project makes me wanna read books instead of melt my brain with TV

At first, it had that bluish screen that was all pix-elated. One afternoon, I turned the set on to get the readings you suggested, and I heard a "pop" and I lost the picture totally. That's when the Y-Sus board started "surging" and the readings were fluctuating every three seconds. So, I unplugged the Y-Buffer boards, and the Y-SUS board stabilized. So, I ordered the Y-Buffer boards, upper and lower, and my picture came back, but I still have that weird pix-elated picture. I understand why you're confused about this situation.

I'm going to turn it on while I do homework, that should give it enough time to warm up.

izzy

Comment

Well, as luck would have it, my television has been on since I checked the Z-bias earlier. Both the Y-Sus and the Z-Sus heat sinks are hot, but I don't think either one is hotter than the other.

izzy

Comment

Can you supply a clear picture of your Z-sustain board?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I will do my best, sir! My phone is AWFUL!

Comment

Here's a video as well. That clicking noise is my dog walking around, not the television popping!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80YW...ature=youtu.be

I hope this helps! Whatever else you need, just let me know!

izzy
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm planning to order the Z-Sustain today. Keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

Goood afternoon!

It's been a few months since I updated this thread, school has had me busy this past semester.

I replaced the Z-Sustain board in this display, and the fault didn't go away. After school was out, I ordered a Y-Sustain board and installed it.

I'm happy to report the television has a perfect display. The fault is gone.

Is there any tuning I should do? I'm afraid to attempt anything without consulting with you first!

Have an amazing day!

izzy

Comment

Working...
                  X