Panasonic TX-P46G10E - A-BOARD problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-P46G10E - A-BOARD problem?

A couple days ago TV started acting strange. See video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMQla4RVRZc
    After couple attempts it starts up normally. Picture and sound are all ok, like nothing happened. It works all day perfectly normal. Tomorrow morning it is all over again, like in the YouTube video.

When it fails to turn on, red light indicates error 1. in the Service Manual. See picture below.

When it finally starts working, TV completes self check without errors. See picture below.

Is A-BOARD fawlty or is it something else?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic TX-P46G10E - A-BOARD problem?

100% A-board. taking a guess but maybe one of the BGA chips has fractured solder joints and needs reflowing or reball/replacement. Temperature could be causing the fault to be intermittent but I'd expect it to get worse and permanent.

You could try warming up the board with a hair dryer and see if that allows you to turn it on first go.

Comment

Hot air soldering did not help. But, we have new behavior now. It's turns on normally, picture is fine, but in a couple seconds starts displaying vertical lines like before...

When i open TV i took a picture of the main board (TNPH0784), maybe someone find it usefull someday...

[img=http://img212.imagevenue.com/loc1061/th_324054415_TNPH0784_122_1061lo.jpg]
      Last edited by oluja74; 03-02-2015, 02:43 PM. Reason: picture

Comment

Does anyone know if the mainboard from Panasonic TX-P46G10B TV can be used as an adequate substitute for the same board in TX-P46G10E?

As fas as I am aware, the only difference is that the B has the net connector and the E does not.

B version of the main board is on the left side of the picture and on the right side is the E version:

Attached Files

Comment

I have replaced these capacitors and for now TV works fine

Comment

Originally posted by oluja74 View Post
            I have replaced these capacitors and for now TV works fine

any chance you upload a picture which can be enlarged? I'd love to see which ones

Comment

Big picture. Both sides of the board...

[img=http://img148.imagevenue.com/loc178/th_109629871_P1470453_web_122_178lo.jpg] [img=http://img231.imagevenue.com/loc548/th_109639653_P1470456_web_122_548lo.jpg]

Comment

Well that's interesting because someone has mentioned an intermittent 1 blink fix replacing caps before but never said which ones.

So it's 100% reliable now?

And all those circled you replaced?

So was that just a hunch or did you remove and test those?

I like simple fixes that save people a lot of money which this would given how expensive and rare A boards can be as these age.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                  well that's interesting because someone has mentioned an intermittent 1 blink fix replacing caps before but never said which ones.
                  Just in case we replaced them all
                  so it's 100% reliable now?
                  Not 100% First two mornings it tuned on with error 1, red blinking diode, like in the beginning... last three days it turns on normally and works all day perfectly fine...
                  and all those circled you replaced?
                  All of them, just in case...
                  so was that just a hunch or did you remove and test those?
                  We notice stains in places where caps are, it was suspicious so we checked them out and half of them where bad, see the picture

i like simple fixes that save people a lot of money which this would given how expensive and rare a boards can be as these age.
                  I like it too Hope this helps someone else in the future
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oluja74 View Post
                    Just in case we replaced them all

Not 100% First two mornings it tuned on with error 1, red blinking diode, like in the beginning... last three days it turns on normally and works all day perfectly fine...

All of them, just in case...

We notice stains in places where caps are, it was suspicious so we checked them out and half of them where bad, see the picture

I like it too Hope this helps someone else in the future
                    Nice, I think it may because every now and then we get a post about intermittent 1 blink. And I'm pretty sure quite often it's 2009 models the same gen as yours.
                    I've proven a corrupt eeprom can do the same but it was a solid 1 blink never intermittent, that was the next gen after yours, x20 model

Comment

I've managed to acquire Main Board for UK market (TNPH0811 for P46G10B) and it works.
                      BUT, there is no sound in cable TV channels because UK system is PAL I and where I live its PAL B/G. There is no option in menus to change that to be like in the model for continental Europe...

Picture from User Manual for TX-P46G10E, there is option for changing PAL system.

Is there an option in Service Menus to change SC2 to SC1 (PAL system)?

Attached Files

Comment

Had similar issue before with a Panasonic Plasma TV that somebody brought in from another country. Through the RF input the picture is good, but no sound(only hissing). Could not find any option in the user or service menus to change to a different sound frequency

Comment

may have already mentioned this but if you can get the service manual for your version and the version of the other markets A board, compare the EEPROM, Flash chips etc and determine which are the same.

he others will be where the differences lay and so provided those chips are ok and not corrupted just swap them over.Ideally Boards would have to have the same physical layout like same input/outputs

Comment

Working...
                          X