Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Technika LCD 32-270 - stuck in standby

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
    if you freeze the spi chip does the set start if it does take a copy of the file i have saw this method mentioned a few times even norcal on youtube has a video on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8fh-g5DOM
    Good call! Do you know what I had actually tried freezing it yesterday with no luck. But after you suggested it I thought I'll give it another go just now and it came on. I'll see if I can get a dump from the chip. Thanks!

Comment

ive found its also the ammount you freeze the chip too i usually use air duster upside down to freeze stuff but i save a proper can of electronics freeze spray for jobs like this as seems to work better, i just need to learn how to use my cheap ebay eeprom reader writer better and not to lift the pads on the eeproms pcb.
      Last edited by vinceroger69; 03-17-2016, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tn245 View Post
        Good call! Do you know what I had actually tried freezing it yesterday with no luck. But after you suggested it I thought I'll give it another go just now and it came on. I'll see if I can get a dump from the chip. Thanks!
        Give that a try, should work If not you can get recoded replacements from Ohm supplies I think.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I'm using air duster too. I gave it a bit of a longer blast this time so must have frozen it better. Will try to lift the software later today,

Comment

Just to report back. I successfully extracted the data from the SPI chip and got the TV working with a new one. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Working...
            X