Samsung pn50B550t2f to laptop wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung pn50B550t2f to laptop wireless

Hi again guys,now that my free TV work,I wanna watch movies and for sure would like to try Flight Simulator in this huge screen! wow it must be nice!

too bad this model don't support Usb drive (stick) for movie but only for
    picture and MP3.

so what is the cheapest way to make this TV wireless,they are so many option out there.

1) would blue tooth to blue tooth work if I put one in laptop and TV?
    2) I got some D-Link wifi usb stick here,could I plug this in the USB TV port?
    or just forget about the USB option?
    3) can I upgrade the TV via internet so USB can play movie?

then we go to more expensive stuff;
    4)my laptop all ready have WiFi so I could use the HDMI TV plug,but there are so many models,any good one you guys suggest?

thanks

Re: Samsung pn50B550t2f to laptop wireless

No, none of those would work.
    Perhaps the best option is to get a Smart TV box or blu-ray player. If you want to be experimental, try a Raspberry Pi box. Roku HD, Apple TV, etc. are also options.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      No, none of those would work.
      Perhaps the best option is to get a Smart TV box or blu-ray player. If you want to be experimental, try a Raspberry Pi box. Roku HD, Apple TV, etc. are also options.
      sorry Tom but you are wrong on this,they are multiple ways to connect a Cpu to
      another Cpu and this can be done since " frequency wave" exist
      and buying those toys you suggest are the last I want,since they not only receive but send also wave (like today's cel phone).

stay away from poop!
      it taste bad,smell bad,look bad but in long run do some good as fertilizer!

Comment

Uh... what? The USB port on your TV does not have support for wireless, full stop. The software was not built for it and it would be limited to USB 1.1 speed, too slow for video. No other part of your TV supports wireless audio/video, with the exception of over the air TV. Not sure it's possible to get an RF modulator for digital TV, but doubt there would be any point anyway.

You can use a HDMI cable between laptop & TV if you like. Remember with HDMI cables that there is no such thing as a high end HDMI cable. Essentially every HDMI cable is the same as every other cable. So buy the cheapest you can at a reasonable size, avoid buying cables from
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Some Samsung Panels like the UN55C6400 can do wireless on USB because of the smart tv features but I don't think you can stream wireless movies from your laptop to the TV that way.

Are you sure the USB doesn't allow to you play moves directly off the stick via Wiselink? I know my 50" 2012 Sammy plasma could.

Comment

Does seem odd that it can't, I had a 42" B450 Samsung, low end Samsung 42" 720p plasma and it did movies over USB just fine.

Comment

yes model after mine (2010) do play movie with USB.

this is from the manual;

This function enables you to view and listen to photo (JPEG) and audio files (MP3)
              saved on a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device.
              1. Press the POWER button on the remote control or front panel.
              The TV is powered on.
              2. Connect a USB device containing JPEG and/or MP3 files to the
              USB jack on the side of the TV.
              but the manual also say;
              Software Upgrade
              Samsung may offer upgrades for your TV's firmware in the future. Please visit Samsung.
              com or contact the Samsung call center at 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) to receive
              information about downloading upgrades and using a USB drive. Upgrades will be
              possible by connecting a USB drive to the USB por
              so I was thinking that I could upgrade the CPU so it can also play movie,so if some done this before let me know.

Comment

Yes, but only if Samsung have released new updated software with additional features. They wouldn't do that because then no one would buy a new TV.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  Yes, but only if Samsung have released new updated software with additional features. They wouldn't do that because then no one would buy a new TV.
                  totally agree Tom,them dude wanna sell and nothing else
                  but since I'm stubborn;I will look around

Comment

Working...
                  X